/trek/

Last time on /trek/ And now for the conclusion

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse
jammersreviews.com/
ex-astris-scientia.org/index-episodes.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Were the Borg killed by Janeway or did they just get rekt really bad?

CRY HAVOC!!!!!

I don't think they were destroyed, just their method of super-fast travel. At least the one "corridor" leading to Earth IIRC.
and they still appear in ST:O for all it's worth

what kind of ship is that? I'm finishing my DS9 rewatch and it keeps appearing over and over again

Passenger freighter of some kind. Not sure what it's origin is though.

It's a Bajoran passenger ship, you can't miss it all over the entire series

They also lost the unicomplex to future Janeway's neurolytic pathogen, which was last scene spreading rapidly throughout the collective. If they're not dead, they're rekt really badly. I think it's probably the latter: the borg are the franchise's most iconic villains, no way the writers don't want to keep them open as an option for future conflict.

Just realized Neelix doesn't have yellow eyes at all in later seasons.... Was there ever an explanation for that??

He really didn't. Not a thing. Completely innocent and will go down as the most controversial figure in all of the show's canon.

Just checkan in to claim 7of9 as my supreme waifu.

cue "You're my sunshine, my only sunshine"

They probably stopped giving a shit.

>he replied to the spammer
You realize that now he's going to come back for 20 more threads at least?

He replies to himself. Look at the post times. It's exactly a minute after the last picture he posted.

I still can't believe how shit the final episode for DS9 was. Like, the first half was okay and then you had Dukat turning into the devil and falling off a cliff. What was even the point of that?
don't reply to my posts

why won't the mods do their jobs?

don't reply to my posts

They've completely abandoned tv. Just look at the state of the board and the shit people are allowed to do here. No other board is so lax it seems.

yeah i know Sup Forums is shit but they banned him twice though now. you would think they would easily do it again

he is spamming

MODS
wake up!

THANK YOU BASED MODS

I FUCKING LOVE YOU MODS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Based mods, see ya faggot! Anyway does the prime directive apply to humans on other planets? Or since they're humans it doesn't matter, only aliens.

prime directive only applies to species before they invented the warp drive
so humans living on other planets doesn't exactly fir

I think it would still matter. One episode they observe a proto-vulcan planet in the bronze age and try to adhere to the prime directive while observing them for cultural purposes

I think it really depends on who is in command. Some captains break the prime directive more than others

Her lips looked like tootsie rolls.
Reading up on Visitor, turns out she has claustrophobia and had a hard time wearing the Cardassian prosthetics, which leads to a factoid about a later episode, Meridian
>The hologram consisting of Kira Nerys' body and Quark's head was supposed to be Nana Visitor's body with Armin Shimerman's head (in make-up) inserted in post-production. Although Visitor was scheduled to appear in the shot, it would have required her to wear a foam rubber head, which would be replaced by Quark's head. However, Visitor was still reeling from claustrophobia as a result of the Cardassian make-up she wore for "Second Skin". When her make-up artist, Camille Calvet, attempted to place the rubber head on her, Visitor panicked. Thus, body double Leah Burrough filled in for her.

I think in the end it really helped her sell that performance as someone literally in another body they weren't comfortable in.

True, a little bit of unintentional method acting in there. Come to think of it, I recall a scene in that episode that features a long closeup of her face with a guy talking behind her, and she looks like she's frozen in terror, just absolutely petrified, like she's trying as hard as she can to not freak the fuck out. I figured maybe they had just gotten done mind torturing her or something like that but nothing in the scene hinted at that. Maybe some of that was real.

I thought it was cool to find out the actor that plays Garak really is claustrophobic in real life too

He isn't, just the character.
>he's the godfather of Siddig and Visitor's son
Cute.

No he really is, and it carried over to the character as well iirc. He talks about it in an interview

Oh, I had to look harder to find mentioning of it on imdb.

I LOVE STAR TREK

>"Saurian Brandy", "Saurian Brandy", "Saurian Brandy"
>well, who the hell are Saurians
>google
oh well

>ywn spend New year's with shatner

Jdimda

>last one to see the victim, just 10 minutes before his death
>nobody even considers limiting her to her to quarters or a more in-depth investigation

Did you shit post with him yesterday?

I really liked the concept of Voyager but I feel like it the really dropped the ball. I wish they didn't have unlimited torpedoes and shuttles, and that there was actual tension between the Maquis and Starfleet crews. How would you guys fix Voyager?

Take Year of Hell and stretch it out over the course of the series. By season 7 Voyager should look like it's held together with duct tape and a mish-mash of alien tech.

Janeway and Chakotay should have gotten together but then broken up to create tension.

Maybe make the Maquis crewmembers wear TNG style uniforms to more clearly distinguish who was who, and also play up dissension between the two crews.

Keep Kes.

I don't think you could just "fix" it, it'd need to be rewrote from pretty much the scratch.
Crew is shit and plain. Villains are mostly shit (Kazon ayone?), the whole premise is being barely hold onto.

Get some writers in there who have never seen a single episode of Trek in their lives to work together with the old timers. Force them to come up with more unique episodes that still feel like Trek together. They got too comfortable with the typical Trek mold and really needed to break it up a bit.

I liked the Vidiians but their phage is miraculously cured by the Think Tank

I like your idea of Year of Hell being stretched out. It was a really good premise that they could have done more with making it a sort of frankenstein ship would have been cool too.

I agree there should have been more tension between the different crews. I really liked the episode with the holoprogram of the maquis mutiny

This is a good idea. From what I have read the writers thought they were too good for Star Trek instead of appreciating the opportunity they had. Having a fresh perspective with the older writers able to make it fit within the framework of Star Trek is smart

>I really liked the episode with the holoprogram of the maquis mutiny
t.b.h I didn't. Seeing good daddy Chakotay and the others suddenly trying to act like a tough terrorist guys felt quite off

True. I was hyped because when it happened it seemed like they had dropped the Maquis/Star Fleet tension but then was kind of let down when I realized it was all fake. Still it was something they could have done more of. Like the Maquis secretly working on their own objectives without Janeway's knowledge without necessarily attempting to take the ship in one episode

But if that had been the characterization all along it wouldn't have been so jarring.

An eventual Maquis mutiny should have been an end of season cliff-hanger and a major plot point.

>An eventual Maquis mutiny should have been an end of season cliff-hanger and a major plot point.
That's what I was thinking. Have that be be the final culmination of a season of B-plots of Maquis secretly working to ensure a successful mutiny

it's a seven of nine centric episode.

Chicken...good

We President Now

I didn't mind the tone since DS9 had done that type of shit before, they would just go off their rockers for a bit then shit will get back to normal. I felt more cheated about never getting a completion for Sisko's story line.

Isn't he dead or with the Prophets? Isn't that completed?

Definitely needed more Marquis hesitant integration, instead of one being second in command so quick.
Also agree with the infinite missiles and shuttles, there was endless resources and a weak explanation to mining planets. Plus the ship should have looked battle scarred and retro-fitted by the end, with a tonne of Alien tech.

The complete lack of fear, Ensign Ricky dies from a mild cough, but Neelix has his lungs stolen, Chipotle is declared brain dead, yet they're back at work after a Turbo Parecetemolâ„¢. People needed to be genuinely lost.
Loved the Borg episodes, should have had more.

Are there any good Borg episodes in the more modern stuff? I just can't get into anything newer than Voyager/DS9.

ENT had a Borg episode

In general this guy seems like a waste of character somehow. Like he's not what he's supposed to be.
Isn't he a somewhat long-term terrorist cell leader? Shouldn't he be ruthless? Pragmatical? Distrustful? Cruel and bloodthirsty even?
But all he seems to be a good uncle of everyone onboard. The fuck

Same goes for Tom Paris for a slightly lesser extent. Isn't he a somewhat hardened criminal with past terrorist cell membership? And not a space boyscout?

Fuck whitey and fuck St*r Trek.

I think he is seen as good uncle because of his Indian background. They try to make him seem peaceful and wise but he really should have been like Crazy Horse.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse
An Indian that takes up arms against the government to protect their land

>Loved the Borg episodes, should have had more.
Wrong. Changing them from an incredibly dangerous, nigh-unstoppable enemy into Team Rocket was a mistake and what ruined the Borg.

No the maquis dindu nuffin wrong.
also count the amount of times janeway seriously uses his suggestions without being disabled.

Ent has a Borg episode but it wasn't particularly good and it borders on canon-rape. Fucking FC fucked up Borg up forever, and Voy finished them off. And what said.

But you may be wanting to give ENT a try though. Seasons 1 and 2 are rather mediocre (but not offensively bad, just somewhat underwhelming with a few exceptions) but season 3 (starting from seas 2 finale) is whole pretty much "what if we took Voy idea and did it right"

That episode in season 3 where they strip those one aliens of their warp coils and leave them running on impulse only is shit that should have happened in Voyager

currently watching episode 9 of discovery, did the guy really got raped by the white klingon woman?

Yeah the friendliness and lack of danger was a bit off, but TNG Borg just looked like people with egg cartons and half of Plumbase stuck to them. Although it's where i fell in love with them.

It'd take me a year to rewatch TNG. You both reckon that's the only place to get my fix? Seen the films too, except most recent.

He is supposed to embark on a journey to complete his faith as the Chosen One, he even leaves his gf and son to do so, but we never get to see what happens.

I thought everything he did during the Dominion war war was his journey to complete his faith as the Chosen One

Beltran stopped giving a shit after the character became a paint-by-numbers Starfleet First Officer. Can you blame him?

I think that was just some Clever editing. I think he was probably still mostly Klingon when he was having sex with her, you know to help ease the transaction of him becoming a human. But they just showed him as fully human to make it look like he was being tortured or something

there are no more Borg in ST. DS9 had not a single appearance. TOS - well duh. Nut wouldn't be too surprised if ST:D pulls them out of the ass someday.
And yeah, they looked a bit silly. But they were a force of nature. An unstoppable wave, a wrath of an angry god. Something so above "our" level we can't even try to compete or comprehend it.
And then came the Queen and suddenly Borg are something you can reason and bargain with. You can outsmart them, fight them reliably, they are "understandable". What a shame.

But it was the concept and idea that were chilling, not the presentation. That's a big part of the problem with modern Trek in all forms. The ideas take a backseat to pew-pew.

>It's a "How d'you do, fellow Trek kids?" episode

I always thought it would have been an interesting subplot to have the Borg involved in the Dominion War. Like Section 31 trying to set the Borg on the Dominion or something.

That would be like trying to use ebola to fight cancer. No matter which one is stronger they will kill the host

Don't the Borg have transwarp routes to anywhere in the Galaxy? I'm surprised if the Dominion hasn't had at least one interaction with the Borg

>doubting Erzi dax

that'd make a certain degree of sense if they could unleash the Borg on them in the Gamma Quadrant, so they have another front far away to worry about.
But since for the most of the war the Dominion-Cardassian forces were cut out of the Gamma Quadrant (either by minefield or the DS9 with the fleet) that wouldn't change shit on this side of the wormhole.
And inviting them to romp around the Alpha Quadrant - now that doesn't sound very smart.

It wouldn't be the first time that Dax became a murderer. Did you even watch the episode?

I don't think any of her fellow officers would seriously doubt her. But still there are certain procedures to follow.

VOY and DS9 were running parallel, with DS9 getting the alpha/beta quadrant species (Klingons, Romulans) and VOY getting new delta quadrant species, aswell as the Borg (and Q, I guess), otherwise it would have been a bit too redundant. Of course VOY managed to fuck that up with B'Ellanna and that Romulan dude in the past.

>watches a man look up her profile in the federation database, then get out his transporter rifle, and prepares to shoot
>shoots him before he can shoot her
>murderer

One of her previous hosts was a murderer

it was a few lifetimes ago, and she is still the mentor of the captain, and ex wife of the security chief.
There is no proof except the fax that she met him last, and the murder was super weird.

user... do you have brain trouble?

Here is a picture of what I was referring to when I said "It wouldn't be the first time that Dax became a murderer."

>one of her previous hosts was a murderer
Yes, the one that she is currently not. Understand?

You clearly don't

Who said anything about proof? Circumstantial evidence means that she should be considered a potential suspect and lightly investigated, not locked up and the key thrown away.

Joran wasn't a murderer until he joined with Dax. A bad joining fucked him up. Ezri also had a bad joining, and she was the last person to see the first victim. Gotta investigate that shit.

The characters don't know that, and they do know that she was the last person to see the victim.

>a guy who literally stole the symbiote is at all comparable to Ezri
Are you forgetting that the killer was a Vulcan? He would have delivered a full confession since they can't lie.

They can lie

Too bad, they would never suspect Ezri of doing anything wrong.

>a guy who literally stole the symbiote is at all comparable to Ezri
Joran didn't steal the symbiont. He was selected by the Symbiosis Commission.

Waifufags were a mistake.

does anyone have a link to that list of all the episodes that gives them a rating and a brief synopsis?

tinyurl dot com slash startrekviewingguides

Yes.

jammersreviews.com/
ex-astris-scientia.org/index-episodes.htm

im sure if the next bit of evidence showed that she was involved, they would have investigated, but there were no reason to doubt her word in the begging.
She is dax and a star fleet officer such light evidence does not worth doubting her word.

>Joran didn't steal the symbiote
Fucking hell. I can't remember exactly what happened with him, only that a mistake of some kind was made.
>waifufags
My Trekfus are Beverly and Kira.

Does anyone have the pic of all the people that did nothing wrong?

But this was Voyager so fun never did commence.

I guess she must have been at least asked some of the basic questions by Odo, for the protocol and report for the Starfleet security and shit, if nothing else, but it must have happened of screen as it was an episode about something else than fighting false accusations so it wasn't worth the screentime