The Argument For TLJ?

There are million reasons why TLJ is objectively terrible imo. What's the legitmate argument for it that you've seen

The movie is about 2 hours and 30 minutes but only has about 15 minutes of content. And the shit that does happen is retarded.

it need to cater more towards my manchild sensibilities like when darth vader attacked people in a hallway in rogue one.

It's a non-flick.

Something something subverted expectations something something.

Star wars is shit and this movie proves it

Go to that thread. Tons of arguments given.

na it needed luke to come save the day in 30 mins n end the whole series fuck a ep 9

*saves your movie*

he definitely is the star of the new series, was great in this movie

It's really no surprise why. He's the only one allowed to have significant character flaws, he never quips, unlike Rey, he goes through an arc and doesn't instantly succeed in everything he does.
It's like Rian forgot who's the protagonist that's supposed to go through the Hero's Journey.

The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie made since Return of the Jedi or Revenge of the Sith.

The last jedi is the worst star wars film since Rogue One

Star Wars has always been about the villains.

Vader was the protagonist of the first six movies.

The best argument Sup Forums has been able to come up with is "duuuh movie hurt my brain, me dumb dumb hurrrr"

I don't have one. The only way they could have saved it would be having Rey turn to the Dark Side.

Get rid of the Finn sideplot, focus only on Rey and Kylo with Luke. Keep the 'force connection' thing and make Luke really afraid of what might happen etc.

This could've been a solid movie if it wasn't so all over the place trying to be weird.

>Villain is the best part
Like in every Star wars movie.

What about Jesus Leeila? The shitty new mascots?

It's way too long and has way too many unnecessary scenes. It has contempt for its audience and blatantly pandered to china. It left absolutely no room for the last film and ignored or ruined a number of points brought up in the previous film. It felt corporate and shallow.

Get rid of those too, almost everything except Kylo and Rey. Tie in Finn and Poe somehow because you have to after TFA.

For me the space scenes really felt like it was made up as they went along.
>Dreadnaughts have no shields
>Rebels use slow-moving bombers that have to fly directly over their target, instead of just having missiles that can disperse bomblets like a cluster bomb
>The Star Destroyers hanging out behind the Dreadnaught and SNoke's ship don't really seem to do anything: why don't they surround the rebels instead of trailing behind the lead ship like ducklings following their mother?
>Holdo's tactical genius plan to escape the main ship could have been thwarted by the Empire looking out the window

I know all this sounds like nitpicking, but when it all happens in a 2 hour movie it really takes me out of the action, because the characters are doing things that don't make sense to me, so I have to keep consciously pushing the limits of my suspension of disbelief.

Also focus a lot more on Luke training Rey, have her learn discipline and develop as a character.

This. How hard is it to just make a ww2 dogfight in space?

It doesn't have to even be in space. For example, if you're that desperate to have a bombing run scene, just have them attacking a First Order facility on a planet's surface. Maybe have the bombers attacking an imperial ground force that's trying to storm the rebels while they evacuate? I thought the battle scenes from Rogue One were awesome.

I went to see it yesterday.
It isn't as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be. The visuals are stunning.

Still, Holdo is a cunt. Luke's last ligthsaber fight should have been more impressive. Snoke is a bad copy of the emperor.

But the lack of world building is the most shamefull part of this movie. There are no spectaculair planets or starbases in this movie. That's a bloody shame.