Why is new horror so not scary?

Why is new horror so not scary?
Why do directors trick people into watching some shitty drama by marketing it as horror?

Aren't horror movies supposed to be scary??

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/YMI7_bjrDHuJvOFTpVkJuQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there's a difference between scary and unnerving.
Witch is very unnerving and has a strong score and great cinematography. that shit is great.

any normal adult knows whats on the screen isn't real and of course won't be scared so directors will try different things to subvert expectations of the horror genre.

I prefer horror movies that are good rather than scary.

The Witch is a fucking masterpiece and unironically the best horror movie of the last decade(s)

>the RReddit

>2017
>being scared of a movie

Witch is a great, reminds me Alien by Ridley Scott and The Thing from 1982. Its not on their level but still it is very good movie.

I usually like modern artsy horror. Loved It Follows and like Get Out. I haven't seen VVItch yet but I'll get to it.

A Ghost Story was one of the most pretentious things I've witnessed.

Am I turning into a pleb or is it just bad Sup Forums?

A Ghost Story isn't a horror movie.

I don't understand how can an horror movie be scary past the age of 10. Best horror movies are those who work as movies even if they don't scare you.

Get Out was pretty decent
It Follows required a LOT of forgiving from the audience to make the plot work

>ghost is visible to others but only stalks a single victim at a time
>ghost knocks on doors
>ghost can be physically hit
>ghost doesn't go any faster than a walking pace
>ghost can be blocked by walls and obstacles
I mean cooome oooon

It Follows was utter garbage. I think only 15 year old girls thought that movie was good.

I didn't mind it. All those points are solved by it not being a litteral ghost as we know it from other movies.

I liked it more for the atmosphere. It had a great slow creepy vibe.

>Anime doesn't have any decent scary horrors
>Books aren't scary because they are fucking books
>comics/manga..lol
>movies aren't scary anymore and the ones from the past looks liek such shit its impossible to be scared of them nowdays

Only thing thats left is VR + Video Games. Sad really, horror is objectively the best genre yet everyone fucks it up.
Hell the last good thing to come out from the Alien franchise was fucking Alien Isolation a freaking video game.

I liked it too. Feels like something John Carpenter might have made if he was a little less talented.

Just like comedies are funny any age. You are just legit autistic or depressed

>Anime doesn't have any decent scary horrors
Perfect Blue, SEL
It has psychological horror down pretty good

Junji ito

>Only thing thats left is VR + Video Games

I played Amnesia years ago but got too spooked after an hour or so of game play and never played it again.

A proper VR horror game would probably scare the absolute shit out of me.

If you cannot appreciate the horror of the Witch than you are a true brainlet

I bet you thought IT was great.

It's called nu-horror

Part of the point of It Follows it not knowing everything. We know as much about the Follower as the characters. No more, no less. It's a good movie that gets undue hate here because it was spammed. The final act is week, I'll admit, but it's a 7.5 out of 10 and a lot better than most of the horror that comes out. The fact that people are still conplaining about things not beung explained about the Follower or thag they're still arguing about the director's intent and meaning behind it all (hurr STD) when he literally has it explained by the characters at the start and end of the movie proves that Sup Forums needs to just stick with capeshit.

>A proper VR horror game would probably scare the absolute shit out of me.
You are lucky , SONY got you covered (or any VR emulator on PC that lets you play non-VR games in VR)

this. you're not a fucking child anymore. walk around the slums at night if you want to be scared.

Reminder that OP is an actual turboautist who posts the same exact pathetic thread of how a certain film isn't scary enough to him every single day.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/YMI7_bjrDHuJvOFTpVkJuQ/

>shitty drama
Why is it shitty?

>desperate for attention
>sad

I tried so hard to get into this but just couldn't. I still think Alien Isolation is unrivalled in its horror brilliance, albeit it overstaying its welcome by a chapter or two.

>villain is a goat
Lmao

this faggot shows up in every VVitch Thread

Was old horror scary? As a fan of horror movies I'm quite surprised that people whine so much about modern "indie" horror movies while glorifying old horrors.
Of course they can't tell when was this alleged "golden age" of horror movies and just list some mainstream, critically acclaimed films such as The Shining or The Exorcist.

Except that he isnt?