youtube.com/watch?v=XKycL6qMlqw
youtube.com/watch?v=RiO_TInX4TU
youtube.com/watch?v=CE7nb-GKYLg
youtube.com/watch?v=0bYPk_kpYkk
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3-mXnkoYA
youtube.com/watch?v=7ujuOikKgAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

I love that heavier more tragic version of the SW theme.

TFA trailer with the Han and Leia theme playing at 1:05 was pretty damn good too
youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

the actual movies were meh though

The lead-up to this shitty movie was so bizarre for me. This teaser was so well done, especially in the field of music. I was legitimately hyped for something I already knew was going to be bad.
Then the next trailer came out and it was shit. It spoiled all the plot points, and had no style/subtlety. Whereas in the previous one the music was great, the next one one felt like generic uncertain trailer track #2324

That's just me rambling though. This teaser just feels nothing like the movie, but yeah, it's a good teaser.

I really liked their choice to not show any footage just yet. It's still very effective.

Not a huge fan of MoS myself but here's the kino nokia trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=ejXjZ-k6Myc

youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4

This is the perfect teaser. No more trailers are needed. Not a single more word needs to be said before watching the film.

On that note m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Txwq7FGtBw

what is it with Nokia trailers?

youtube.com/watch?v=SNf_jxyXUZA

the TDKR one was great, had original music too

youtube.com/watch?v=tqRGCruVWbg

Best example of a teaser using tension and music to build to a scare using minimal footage.

Those days are gone.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oJZjpHBskc

Promethues Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=cFfhttZYoEw

Batman v Superman Comic Con Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

Inception Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=_5VDKVqvo8M

Rouge One teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Same, both of the nokia trailers were way better than the main ones.

The Blade Runner 2049 trailer was honestly amazing and I knew from that moment that Villeneuve wouldn't dissappoint but for some reason everyone on Sup Forums before release hated it and when harrison ford's "costume" was leaked it was hated even more how could you not tell it was gonna be good
youtu.be/gCcx85zbxz4

Also happy looks good
youtu.be/t7OYkSgmM-w

modern epos, just imagine the work behind all this shit wow

youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

youtube.com/watch?v=kYzz0FSgpSU

>Batman v Superman Comic Con Trailer
also this

Yes, they let the music to take the first seat and it really made the trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=vjBb4SZ0F6Q

really great trailer, it hyped me up way too hard. what a disgrace that the final product ended up being a goddamn turd. hell, they could have even adapted Jedi Knight 2 with a female Kyle Katarn and it would have been better than the lore-raping abomination we got

youtube.com/watch?v=Odx7-Byzu1g
This gave me full body shivers and goosebumps 10 years ago. I remember seeing it on the trailers on demand channel or whatever it was called, and my first thought was "a transformers movie? well it's probably a cartoon, I don't see how they could make a live action version of transformers. it seems impossible." God damn was I wrong. The hype for this was real and I was the perfect age when this came out.

MoS really was the epic-scale Superman movie that I have always wanted. I know that BvS and JL have issues but I will never understand how people who like movies could actually say that MoS was a anything else but a good movie. It will also forever be my pleb filter for people who "read" comics

youtube.com/watch?v=9PSXjr1gbjc

gave me chills. i was so ready to go back to middle earth.

Transformers 1 had to be one of my most memorable cinema experiences. It was a revolution seeing fully CGI robots battle each other and it looking completely real.

youtube.com/watch?v=QeaGsezzkNU

youtube.com/watch?v=jgrvm6OI_9Q

my favourite trailer of all time. that theme is probably the best character theme that I have ever heard and that says something

This is the greatest trailer ever made. It gives you a mood, a feeling to go on, a character and two and that's it. Almost nothing is spoiled

youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA

One of the GOAT trailers. The slow creep of John William's score is perfect.

>tfw Industrial Light and Magic did the CGI for the TF movies and Casper
>tfw Casper, a movie from the 90s has better CGI characters than literally every MCU movie
Disney was a fucking mistake

youtube.com/watch?v=bezyl7ZDp44
Real trailer kino, you can do an exciting one even for drama. Love how the sound was used instead of some trailer music.

I went and saw it with a buddy of mine when we were 15. I remember turning to him right after the opening narration started and saying "who is that talking?" even though I was pretty sure I knew and he said "I think it's Optimus Prime." The concept of a live action Transformers movie seemed almost impossible to me. I just couldn't conceive it. Yeah, that was some tight shit back in the day. The fight scenes are still top tier.

Returns could have been a perfect Superman movie if they hadn't used Lex as the main antagonist. Literally every other villain would have been a better choice than what they did with Lex

>trailer promises one of the darker SW films to come
>promises some kind of deep revelations within the movie
>teases that sides will be switched

>TLJ ends up being the most Marvel-y quippy Star Wars
>all of the answers to all the questions are "lol it's nothing"
>nobody switches sides, or at least nobody we give a shit about *cough*DJ*cough*

youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1Y3P9D0Bc

I remember being so excited for the movie because of this trailer

>that Krypton theme
>that Brando narration
30 seconds in and this teaser is already better than Man of Steel.

BRAVO NOLAN!
RAVO NOLAN!
AVO NOLAN!
VO NOLAN!
O NOLAN!
NOLAN!
OLAN!
LAN!
AN!
N!
!

Sorry to hear that.

Remember when Superman movies were light and inspiring and not dour and depressing?

Remember when nobody gave a shit about Superman Returns? I do.

>tfw I seem to be the only one who enjoys the depressing time of Snyder’s universe

People have generally never been that smart.

seeing these trailers still gets me mad to this very day.

>Mandarin used as a fake villain
>even wears the 10 rings
>lolnottherealmandarin.jpeg
>All Hail the King insists that Mandarin is real but an underground Warlord

how the fuck would Killian even know these details if he just made a fake Mandarin? Literally the most disappointing cop-out in a movie I have ever seen

You're not. Man of Steel was a huge success compared to Returns.

Superman Returns is objectively better.

that's probably not true

you're just the only one who will admit to it

The Shining has the greatest trailer ever. Period.

that was great.

Holy shit this is too good to be real

Yeah remember that scene from Returns where h-zzzzzZZzzzzZzzzz

oh fuck off. I liked Returns but people actually thinking that Superman lifting a fucking KRYPTONITE ISLAND is anything but the worst shit imaginable since Quest for Peace is only showing what kind of retarded contrarians are actually around.
thinking that your use of the term "objectively" will make you seem less retarded is just naive

The Suicide squad trailer was brilliant. Shame the movie turned out like parody skit
youtu.be/381uoKMTt_8?t=5

Imagine how disappointed everyone was when they saw the actual movie lmao

wtf are you talking about newfag? its real

everybody was talking about that BvS teaser here for ages

Not me

There was nothing wrong with him lifting that island. It wasn't made entirely of kryptonite. It was a hybrid rock.

>Batman v Superman Comic Con Trailer:
>[YouTube] Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Comic-Con Trailer [HD] (embed)

i watched this showed it to my dad, then my mum and she said ''what's the point of even watching the movie it's not going to be as good as the trailer.''

>see amazing trailer
>holy fuck that looks good
>see the movie
>it's not very good
>still think it lives up to that unbelievably good teaser
That's some strong trailer hype.

>There was nothing wrong with him lifting that island
I refuse to believe that anyone on this board is actually defending that bullshit. you cannot possibly be that dumb, can you?
>It was a hybrid rock
there was enough kryptonite in that rock to kill him a thousand times over. is he incapacitated like it's usually the case? nope, he's literally flying and lifting an entire island despite tons of kryptonite affecting him. That is a few levels below Superman Prime, for fuck's sake

youtube.com/watch?v=9_8Qi-I4o9E

Refn approved so Sup Forums related

Some Classic Trailer Kino coming through:
youtube.com/watch?v=FI1204n6GZw

youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8

You'd be surprised what people defend around here.

Why can't you just enjoy movies user?

i don't care what people say i love this film and trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=UY6uw3WpPzY

I defend MoS but I never find some stupid made up reasons just to say that MoS isn't flawed. Discussing movies requires SOME sort of objective and critical thinking which many people here are actually lacking

I enjoy Returns for what it is but I would never say that the island scene wasn't pure dogshit and shit all over the idea of Kryptonite being able to hurt him

It did affect him, though. He kept his shit together just long enough to get it out of Earth's orbit, then passed out.
>there was enough kryptonite in that rock to kill him a thousand times over
But 99.9% of it was too far away from him to affect him. And like I said, it was a hybrid rock. It wasn't pure kryptonite. I understand why you would think it doesn't make much sense but it's nothing to sperg out about. It was a good scene.

>20 years in Gotham Alfred how many big guys are left? How many stay that way?

Why did they change this line in the movie?

Fuck off pleb

I guess in the last 20 years or so the only DC movies that lived up to their trailers were the Nolan ones.

I don't know about anybody else, MOS and BvS trailers built both these movies as something with phenomenal characterization, Grand themes and Ideas, heart tugging conflict and Epic action. Everything I got was at best mediocre.

The comic con announcement was beyond lit
youtube.com/watch?v=3Pxz3OOA0RY

>But 99.9% of it was too far away from him to affect him
seriously, I usually don't curse people out but you are a fucking retard who hasn't even watched the movie. look at the vid related at 2:20 and tell me the Kryptonite was too small and far away to affect him. jesus christ, the GREEN rocks weren't hybrids, it was actual kryptonite

youtube.com/watch?v=g32OeSwxPJ4

>Batman v Superman Comic Con Trailer:
>youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y
I am so god damn angry this music has never been released.
Best fan rip oft the music I have found - youtube.com/watch?v=JM3uTl_9xIY

RotS
youtu.be/opfJIo__ANQ

unrelated, but I much prefer this type of ending to the half hour of mindless destruction that nu-DC movies tend to shoehorn in

me too. all the songs from the trailers were god tier

Bullshit, Bosworth was a unlikable cunt, them dancing around her knowing or not knowing that Clark is Superman was insufferable, Routh was meh, Parker Posey was painful, Superman having a kid was handled horribly.

Kind of a depressing thread because lots of these films were bad but the trailers were spectacular.

youtube.com/watch?v=XoiyW23opQk

It's been a few months since I watched it. Fine, he shouldn't have been able to lift that island I guess. it's still nothing to sperg out about. It's still a great scene. And I agree with it's better than watching a half hour of CGI characters flying around pounding each other like dbz or some shit.

Damn wrong link

youtube.com/watch?v=iGAHnZ555nI

why not put in some proper fighting scenes for once? we never had a proper superman fight before and I can't count any of the slow-ass fights from the old Superman movies. It was about time CGI was put to good use and show the raw strength and proportion of what Superman could do with his fists. The ending fight in MoS was better than pretty much every movie fight from the last decade

This right here dude

youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFWr0vR8Q

HYPE

youtube.com/watch?v=6ncFCndCLG8

1:12 is fucking GOAT

The movie had some great scenes though.
youtube.com/watch?v=IrCQbptUYko
>where'd you go?
>to krypton
>but you told me it was destroyed, ages ago
>*cue krypton theme for a few seconds*
Superman Returns has this delicate, emotional tone to it in some scenes that for some reason really works for me, but it's not afraid to be inspiring in the end.

I honestly don't get your comparison. I love how Returns portrayed Clark coming back to Metropolis but everything regarding the villain motives was shit. Lex being in real estate was a movie killer. In comparison, you have MoS exploring Krypton's end, Clark's journey to becoming Superman and even get some proper fights with one of the best capeshit villains. I rather feel as if the actual spergs are the ones criticising MoS all the time. The only shitty scene from MoS was John dying to a fucking tornado

If I may throw out some really fucking good fan trailers...

Godzilla vs Biollante
youtube.com/watch?v=EIvjwEVo5Z0

Godzilla vs Destroyer
youtube.com/watch?v=XKycL6qMlqw

Neon Genesis Evangelion
youtube.com/watch?v=RiO_TInX4TU
2nd version - youtube.com/watch?v=CE7nb-GKYLg

Was just about to post this.
Dat music.

Official German trailer for Evangelion 3.33 - youtube.com/watch?v=0bYPk_kpYkk

Then they showed the trailer with Doomsday and he looks god awful and the show composition was atrocious and you knew this movie would be shit

My big problem with MoS is that it's almost completely devoid of heart. You've got two separate movies within the film: the first half which is just setting up his origin and motivations and the second half which is one long action set piece. The second half of the movie doesn't do anything for the emotional resonance of the character and goes out of it's way to deconstruct Superman as a symbol. If the inner motivations of Superman and his symbol of hope is going to be explored at all, it has to be done in the first half and the movie does a significantly poor job of that.

Watch . It's a perfect example of the type of tone the movie needed to go for. I have no problem with updated special effects. No one says the special effects in Man of Steel were bad. The just didn't serve the story effectively.

>the only shitty scene in mos was John dying to a tornado
You forgot about those scenes with the CG dbz fights that always look like garbage in live action and will probably never look good.
>the actual spergs are the ones criticizing mos all the time
People sperged out over Returns way harder, calling superman a pussy, bitch, faggot, etc. Very neanderthal tier shit. The mos critics complain about how depressing it is for a movie that's supposed to be about superman.

Plus the whole clover field trailer hype

>tfw you'll never go back

it's almost been 10 years since 1.18.08...can't believe it

I couldn't believe that trailer when I first saw it. Literally gave away the entire trailer. Such a poor call

Jesus Christ. I remember taking midterms in high school and going to see that afterwards

>My big problem with MoS is that it's almost completely devoid of heart
You can't imagine how much I disagree.
>The second half of the movie doesn't do anything for the emotional resonance of the character
It absolutely does, it shows this person who has gone out of his way to never use violence for his 33 years of life engaged in the most monumental battle that has ever happened on the face of the earth and on his first day using violence he is also forced to kill someone and you see that pain tear through his face in the moments afterwards.
Furthermore while that last bit was tragic and put a dark spin on the scenario we still got to see him being incredibly inspiring with him going to the world engine even knowing he would be weaker around it, stand in the middle of waves of energy that can crush skyscrapers and save the day.
And simultaneously we see the best of humanity taking place with Perry & Lombard willing to stay and die trying to save Jenny from the rubble.

Everything you said here is wrong. Not only is MoS significantly more hopeful than Returns (unless you like some extreme amount of cheese with that), it also conveyed that optimism through the dawn of the new age that Kal-El brings.

Look how Clark differs from his failed Kryptonian society. Look how the decisions he makes ultimately forms him to become a man proper. It's rough but ultimately well worth the price. It is ridiculous to assume that Superman should be associated solely with positive feelings. I'd even argue that the father of all superheroes should undergo extreme tests to show an example to others how it's done. To have Superman instead sheltered from that reality is insulting to both Superman and the viewers.

>You forgot about those scenes with the CG dbz fights that always look like garbage in live action and will probably never look good.
No they looked fucking incredible in Mos.

Well said. It's such a shame that post MOS DC movies have been such shit. I wish we would've just gotten a MOS trilogy. I fucking love that movie

The Terraforming scene goes over so many heads because it is told without a single line dropped. It's entirely visual. Clark's figurative burden of the Kryptonian world and his ascension to become man's protector through the sacrifices of his fellow humans in Metropolis. How many people do you think connected the hand reaching to Jenny with Superman looking determined and sure of himself upwards? This is Snyder's modus operandi. He prefers to show over telling. As should be.

>I'd even argue that the father of all superheroes should undergo extreme tests to show an example to others how it's done
Strongly agree man well said.

The movie starts with a dreadful performance by Russel Crowe. He plays Jor-El as literally the most boring character imaginable. Even Brando played it better and all he did was stand around in a glorified bath robe or in front of a black screen and talk. All they needed was great writing and Brando's delivery.
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3-mXnkoYA
youtube.com/watch?v=7ujuOikKgAE