Black Panther & The Crew cancelled after only two issues

>Black Panther & The Crew cancelled after only two issues
APOLOGIZE Sup Forums. WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY IT

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/5/13/15636276/marvel-black-panther-and-the-crew-cancelled-ta-nehisi-coates
youtube.com/watch?v=z8COXX3SI0I
youtu.be/eyJFRTJgPbU
digitalpriest.com/comics/crew/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i do not read your comics because you are black

>Black Panther & The Crew cancelled
[citation needed]

Well it's not like THEY can read them

Subtle as a train wreck.

theverge.com/2017/5/13/15636276/marvel-black-panther-and-the-crew-cancelled-ta-nehisi-coates

APOLOGIZE

I'm sorry I must'very been so distracted with Get Out, Dear White People, Atlanta, and Insecure that I forgot to pick this up

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY

>The story is certainly timely, reflecting the years of high-profile police killings of black men, women, and children like Sandra Bland and Jordan Edwards.
WTF I hate pigs in blue now!

There's only so much time in a day to devote to anti-white propaga- I mean wonderful diversity

My dear Marvel intern, stop with your company's shitty tactic to incriminate the fans and readers for your own mess. "Muh diversity" just doesn't work. Better admit failure and restart like DC did, than blame the consumers and the hand that feeds you. Arrogance always make things worse.

I guess the dindus dinbuy

No, fuck you. After BP: WoW turned into "muh badass lesbian ocs" I stopped giving a fuck about other BP books. Coates should put his energy into making the main BP book better than writing more mediocre books.

Because it wasn't by Christopher Priest.

No one cares about the Crew.

No one has ever nor will ever care about the Crew.

>Black Panther & the Crew launched last month, and follows Black Panther, Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Storm, and former Avenger Manifold as they grapple with police violence in Harlem.

Why the fuck is Black Panther in Harlem? He's got a whole country to worry about! A country that tries to throw a coup every time he looks away for five seconds!

This is the same problem with Black Panther: The Man Without Fear. Why the fuck does Black Panther need to worry about a tiny neighborhood in New York City when T'Challa's already responsible for an entire nation and 50% of the universe's heroes already live in NYC?

Because all black people are the same...

Doesn't matter what country they were born and raised in or what lives they have, simply because they all have dark skin they are meant to care about the same "Struggle".

Like when Marvel revealed that all Black Superheroes are members of a secret Black Superhero Society.
Doesn't matter if they are kings of Wakanda or British Vampire Hunters, they all have to belong to the same darkies-only club.

I thought they said it was going to go to five.

Speaking of Black Panther and his country I actually feel the same about Aquaman.

He shouldn't be considered just another superhero running around in tights.
Instead he's the ruler of an underseas empire who happens to have connections with the primary superhero team of Earth.

He can be involved in their capers and team up with them to face threats to the world but at the end of the day he primarily has his own kingdom and its issues to be concerned with.
Also he needs a Beard at all times, no one is going to follow a king without the proper regal chin-mane.

>all black people are the same
So pic related was right?

Goooooooooood.

Not really, since Marvel and their hack writers are the ones specifically pushing it.

Why is ANY time law enforcement or the normal humans of a cape setting try to set up non-individual super police or super anti-monster units its portrayed as super evil? Hell how many times has SHIELD for instance been portrayed in media to actually be a secret front for supervillains or the like in the different media.

Sure its a supehero setting but it doesn't mean Earth has to be SOLELY defended from any threat by a random smattering of costumed nancies (plus mundane outgunned police officers that show up at the end to take away the bad guys after the heroes beat them/try to arrest the superheroes)

but remember that when it comes to protecting your life and property you need to rely entirely on the cops

Why is it that there are many stories about mercenaries saving the day, instead of law enforcement agencies?

>liberals think the police and the army will side with them against Trump
>by endlessly insulting them

Wow. How smart.

This is what I think a lot of people forget about the character. BP is -not- a superhero. He may look like one, but he's not. He's a king and his "costume" is ceremonial garb. The actions he undertakes as Black Panther aren't as a superhero fighting crime, but as a king fighting to protect his country and people.

>the cops
You mean my guns.

Because the superhero genre relies on the world being set up in a way where the solution to problems is vigilantes running around in colorful tights.

Cops can't be trusted. The temptation to abuse their power is too great!!!

>straight fantasy bullshit right off the bat.

In real life they pull the gun first.

Apologize.

that's my point you fucking dip. Libs consider the police genocidally evil, unless it comes to arguing against 2nd Amendment rights when you're suddenly supposed to be entirely reliant upon them to save you.

Hi Cletus, the Sup Forumsurt jester.

Gun nuts aren't very smart.

But... wouldn't the temptation for vigilantes with godlike powers and no oversight be even greater?

Ah Reggie. I'm surprised he didn't helm a horrible BP comic during the last eight years.

>yfw Hudlin and Priest are friends

And they're gay; they love phallic objects, like cannons.

That's hilarious! Hail Trump, and hail victory!

Seriously, fuck that shit. Tahini-Marijuana-whatever is a hack, and I'm glad his series bombed.

He's working on the relaunch of Milestone nowadays.

Yea that's going to get far. Just saying it always falls apart when it gets to individual creator rights.

>hail trump

That has nothing to do with this

Fuck off back to

>Marvel in charge of publishing "diverse" books
Even Mosaic had more than two. They're really cracking the whip on these failures now.

Reggie may very well be a nice guy. He's just got the writing prowess of a brick.

We'll see.

WE WUZ CANCELLED

Aw, shit.

According to The Boondocks, Reggie is a smarmy dick always taking about how he went to Harvard.

youtube.com/watch?v=z8COXX3SI0I

I don't care, I never did.

Dammit. I read that as "muh badass lesbian orcs" at first and got excited.

I'd be down for some badass lesbian orc comics...

Quick's let's write the Oglaf creators!

I still remember that one comic where someone in the Bush whitehouse called black panther a jungle bunny while Condeleezza Rice was in the same room

>Why the fuck is Black Panther in Harlem?
Because he's black. Duh.

Is this the one with the lesbian Wakandians?

No, that was canceled to make way for this book.

I liked the one were the two Africans were into Skulls playing American Civil Rights Leaders

>Designate SJWs and BLM folks as the target group for your comic

>End up surprised that neither was willing to shell out a buck for it

EVERY. TIME.

You don't get it. These works really point out the hypocrisy of other black people and liberal white people. Not smart white people like you -PLEASE JUST SWALLOW OUR BULLSHIT, COME ON!!!

Fucking hell.

Black Panther 1 253,259
Black Panther 2 77,654
Black Panther 3 75,037
Black Panther 4 72,302
Black Panther 5 83,756
Black Panther 6 58,746
Black Panther 7 60,857
Black Panther 8 43,451
Black Panther 9 39,123
Black Panther 10 38,741
Black Panther 11 35,492
Black Panther 12 37,612
Black Panther 13 30,509

Black Panther World of Wakanda 1 57,073
Black Panther World of Wakanda 2 45,009
Black Panther World of Wakanda 3 25,248
Black Panther World of Wakanda 4 17,454
Black Panther World of Wakanda 5 15,847
Black Panther World of Wakanda 6 14,547

Black Panther and The Crew 1 35,604

Someone might want to explain to Marvel the concept of "brand dilution". They did the same shit to the current run of Dr Strange too.

Because I didn't like Coates' Black Panther enough to read a spinoff of it.

remember when comics were about heros vs supervillains or alien invasions and not about social justice and privilege checking? haha, of course not.

Heroes vs Supervillains?

You mean Heroes vs Heroes?

>white niggers a-celebrating

those sound like dark times

he's right, fucking stop resisting
also I vote with my wallet

wait, is Atlanta like that?
I like Donald Glover so I was thinking about watching it

When will we return to the glory days of politics-free comics?

Proof that racism is still alive.

>punching a poor inoffensive Nazi
REEEEEEEEEE

>captain america

White people, APOLOGIZE.

>the glory days of politics-free comics

That has literally never been a thing.

Fpbp

it's not nice to punch your boss, Steve

venezuela.jpg

BP had more than one ongoing running now?

There were white people in Zimbabwe? Color me surprised.

It was called Rhodesia at that time.

youtu.be/eyJFRTJgPbU

lol, classic murricans trying to glorify themselves making people think they saved everybody during ww2 and single handed killed hitler when in reality they just ignored the whole thing and joined almost at the end of the conflict.
also I really wish someday americans will have to pay for all the war crimes they have commited

That's okay. That image is now non-canon.

>2 retweets
>1 like
By screencapping and posting that image, you're ensuring that hundreds more people that she could ever reach will see that retard.

Yep, now it's America Chavez, the awesome lesbian Puerto Rican, who took out Hitler alongside the woman Peggy Carter

>Nearly the same format as the other posts
Really hope this isn't samefagging

Cletus is so lonely.

You son of a gun.

>WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY IT
Because this is what I wanted but not what I was offered.

I have the same problem with coffee.

Fuck yeah. Did you read Priest's blog entry on the book?

What? No. Link?

>However, Coates never set out to make pronouncements about the state of the country. Rather, the series was a chance to delve deeper into characters and their experiences.
>“The Crew was an opportunity to get inside them as black people,” he said.

Only certain black people are worth getting inside of.

>Like when Marvel revealed that all Black Superheroes are members of a secret Black Superhero Society.

wut.

>not reading Priest's based blog
digitalpriest.com/comics/crew/

Liberal logic is very strange.

>all Black Superheroes are members of a secret Black Superhero Society
We need sauce on this.

Spencer's SamCap shit after Rhodey died.

Oh. That makes sense.

And Spencer, of course, doesn't understand why people hate his Cap book...

>Write this down someplace: White People Don’t Buy Black Comics. Don’t clutch your chest. Sure, there are exceptions to that rule, but in the history of modern comic books, black characters have never, ever, sold as well as white characters. A series being branded a “black” book is (or, at least was) the kiss of death.