Black Mirror Season 4

Anyone else think this season was weak as fuck, especially compared to S3? I don't know what went wrong, but none of the stories were that interesting besides Metalhead

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/897469/Black-Mirror-season-4-Crocodile-major-shake-up-Charlie-Brooker-Andrea-Riseborough-Netflix
eveningexpress.co.uk/lifestyle/entertainment/andrea-riseborough-i-face-sexually-inappropriate-behaviour-almost-every-week/
eveningexpress.co.uk/lifestyle/entertainment/andrea-riseborough-i-have-to-fight-twice-in-two-weeks-for-equal-pay/
archive.fo/gXOTl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Metalhead
>a robot is chasing someone for some reason
>interesting

even my gf thought crocodile was stupid
>90 pound woman
>overpowering a big guy
>he should be able to easily push her off with one arm
>pajeeta not fighting back in the car

Why didn’t they just sterilize the genetically inferior people instead of killing them?

What am I in for for the rest? I've only seen 04x01, doesn't seem any better or worse than typical black mirror yet.

Are there a bunch of waldo moment episodes this season?

what is shown in this episode is actually just a TV Show people watch in the Black Mirror Universe

its the worst season. Metalhead is even worse than Waldo Moment.

We had a a few 350 reply generals earlier and consensus based on all threads by the anons was this:

1. Hang The DJ
2. Black Museum
3. Callister
4. Crocodile
5. Arkangel
6. Metalhead

>Are there a bunch of waldo moment episodes this season?

You mean episodes spot-on predictive of the future? Well we can't know that for a couple years, dude.

And yet, despite that, it was still a bad episode of a TV show. Odd.

This season was shocking, actually compare the supposed best episodes to regular ones from the past and they don't do well at all

This stupid bitch has to be the single most annoying Black Mirror character in the series. Everytime she spoke or was in a scene I wanted to punch the screen

>I don't know what went wrong

Stop lying to yourself.

British Episodes > White Christmas > Nosedive > British/american episodes >>>> American episodes

This season was so fucking bad only a few minor moments in each episode which were okay but there was no instensity in the stories of suspense or mad twists. Just very mediocre or boring stories that have no place in the universe and the cookie consciousness has been done to death it was explored to it's end in White Christmas they're running out of fucking ideas when they use shit like Metalhead as the non consciousness episode

>British/american episodes

Wait what

that bit made sense to me it's because he was just holding her thinking she's sad and holding onto him and then he falls but slams his head and is stunned on the ground helpless. it's more his fault for falling like a retard and she just gave an easy choke to finish him

she didn't even overpower him

season 3 was just too good, there was no bad episode
btw was it Maisie Williams in Hang the DJ?

Callister: Dude this guy who traps sentient beings for his amusement is evil, thank god he died!

DJ: Yay this couple who created thousands of sentient beings for their amusement got some happiness from it.

Are you a white man?

Then this series is not for you.

the ones with mixed actors and accents in odd settings

S3 and 4 are both way below S1 and 2

Being twice the length doesn’t help.

UK black Mirror
> White people.
> Really makes you think.
> Grey morality.

US BLACKED Mirror
> Niggers and other coloreds everywhere.
> Black and white morality, audience gives a round of applause at the end.
> SJW issues and other nigger shit.

Almost all of S3 was bad. Shut up and dance and maybe the last one were the only good ones.

I just started watching this show with no knowledge other than Black Mirror being unique.
I liked the first episode for the drama and the way it didn't back down. I thought the social commentary at the end was handled quite well.

But episode 2 was so on the nose that I'm wondering if this whole show is just random social commentary.
Tell me guys, what am I in for?

>fault for falling like a retard and she just gave an easy choke to finish him
she wasnt even holding his arms down, all he had to do was was swing his arm to push her off

>she wasnt even holding his arms down, all he had to do was was swing his arm to push her off
i thought he looked unconscious/dazed and confused because of the blood already on his nose as he smacked his head. they made a point of the sound of his head hitting the floor

The show has very little subtlety. Episodes are about THINGS and it’s going to make sure you know it.

There’s good episodes, but there’s bad episodes.

Like San Junipero

Mackenzie davis is american and the black girl is a british actress

then we probably have different taste, because the only episode from S1 and S2 I liked was White Bear and enjoyed every episode of S3 (Shut Up and Dance and Men Against Fire especially)

The Black Museum nigress is much worse.

I liked all of them apart from playtest and men against fire but the overall quality of even the bad episodes was better than anything in Season 4

rewatched the part, I'll give you that but it makes no sense how she can push him against the wall
small women arent that strong

The character of Mia was supposed to be a man. That's why her physical exploits make no sense.

Black Museum was one like that this season

Yh we couldn't get it perfect because she insisted on being the lead she showed no aggression or intensity in it or even acted like she was psychotic. the only thing to gauge her evilness was her haircut to look like a man. I'm surprised there was an article about how pushy she was
express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/897469/Black-Mirror-season-4-Crocodile-major-shake-up-Charlie-Brooker-Andrea-Riseborough-Netflix

some more self important garbage about her victim complex
eveningexpress.co.uk/lifestyle/entertainment/andrea-riseborough-i-face-sexually-inappropriate-behaviour-almost-every-week/
eveningexpress.co.uk/lifestyle/entertainment/andrea-riseborough-i-have-to-fight-twice-in-two-weeks-for-equal-pay/

t. worked on the show

>dude ambiguity lmao

Definitely weak but not because of the sjw bullshit everyone else complains about.

why is everyone so rich

it's weak because of the lazy rehashed cookie idea

At least the opener kept my dick hard.

What country is the surveillance one set in, looks like Norway or something.

its the future. Capitalism solved all our problems.
Iceland

The show is much more like The Entire History of You than it is the pilot. The Pilot is honestly not a good indicator of what most episodes are like.

Prepare for 'what a tweessst!' moments (some that you will likely figure out or at least roll your eyes at) and a lot of 'technology gimmick the one day it finally ruins shit for X and Y character'

>that fucking guinea pig in crocodile

that's worst to best right?

Tell us more Charlie

oh boy. They can't win right. If that was an episode with a white male as lead you'd be crying and saying "dis black mirrur show portrays white men as evil killers". Now it does the same with a woman and you don't say anything about it. Really weird haha.

>What country is the surveillance one set in, looks like Norway or something.
scotland

>Each of the six episodes that make up season four will exclusively feature a female lead but executive producer Annabel Jones has revealed she and creator Charlie Brooker never planned it that way.
>“Charlie and I don’t tend to think about the stories in that way. Sometimes, it just comes out,” she explained.
>“But it’s great - great! - that they’re all strong female protagonists. I think what’s lovely about the show is that it’s not a strident statement.
>“It’s more: Why not? We don’t even think about it from a gender perspective and I hope that’s progress. It’s more that we explore the best story and the best way to tell it.”
>However, Annabel admitted that there was originally an episode which had a male protagonist but one member of the cast challenged it.
>Andrea Riseborough expressed an interest in the instalment entitled Crocodile and asked Annabel and Charlie to change the lead character for her.
>“Andrea read for one of the other parts and really like the journey of the protagonist and she challenged us and said, ‘Do you think it could be a woman?’” the executive producer told The Hollywood Reporter.
Truly amazing. There was ONE (1) out of six episodes that was originally gonna have a male lead but NOPE, fucking white males must get the fuck out of the way of MUH STRONK WOMYN.

make it a black dude then
oh wait, thats unacceptable
people who deny this white genocide in media are backwards

Why do you care?

Would you rather look at men?

"We only use 40% of our brain"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why do they keep doing this, I thought Brooker would know about this.

I think the most retarded part of that is she agreed to have her memories read. There's no fucking way that's legally required there is 0 reason for her to agree to that. She could have just said she was embarrassed and wouldn't agree to it unless she was legally required to.

>future
>white males are still relevant
lmao

HELTER SKELTER WHEN

>Why do you care?
because they clearly put the gender of the character before the elements of what makes a good TV show they were concentrating on the wrong things.

I would be fine with a female protagonist as long as the all the other elements are good aswell, simply having a female protaganist to pat yourself on the back is not a replacement for a good episode. BDH did well in Nosedive for example.

I can safely say my ship would have definitely been a lot different than Robs if I could make a virtual world, put hot co-workers in it, and bend them to my will by holding my hand out in front of me..

equality is now "replace all men with women and add pajeets and niggers between every scene of a white folk"

Have you ever considered it’s not a white genocide but actually reflecting the real world for once?

If you live in any major city the world is not filled with white people exclusively.

Why would you think that? Summarising Sup Forums's overall reaction:

Hang the DJ, USS Callister, Black Museum = good
Metalhead, Crocodile, Arkangel = bad

Best waifu.

they clearly ran out fucking ideas and kept using the cookie consciousness type sci-fi devices as replacement for a good plot

They're running out of ideas.

I just finished it an hour ago. Metalhead was a waste of time, crocodile should have had a proper ending. Hang the DJ was the stand out this season. I liked the first episode with the USS Callister was a neat twist.

After watching the whole show this is how you cast diversity and SJW bullshit, not like what Rian Johnson did with TLJ

>Metalhead was a waste of time
it really just felt like filler to me aswell desu

>forcibly import shitskins by the million against the will of the people
>the world isn't filled with white people you bigot!!!
Without leftists fucking shit up for everyone, western countries SHOULD remain majority white, yes.

I watched the first episode, it was retarded, just pure fiction/fantasy that didn't deserve to be more than just a short story. Like, it was all pointless, abusrd and impossible.

I'm so sick of lazy sci fi telling us artificial beings have feelings for muh reasons

if you live in a major city you deserve what you get
if you push race mixing in every form of media, then you get no more races. you get the worst traits from all races and those who have fought to preserve their heritage are cast aside and extinguished
you think proud blacks love theyre heritage being washed out and turned into caramel garbage?
degenerates will inherit the earth. proud people need an earth 2.0, where we stick to our areas and take pride in our people. america fucked the entire planet over with slavery.

Yeah, the insurance detective even mentions to her husband that she only has a case IF she agrees to it. So its totally optional.

It was mercifully short though. at least they didn't try to flesh out another 20mins of not much. Seemed like they had an idea for a Boston Labs militarised robot episode but didn't know what to do with it. Weak season overall, watchable but didn't leave a lasting impression.

easily the laziest part of writing in the entire episode.
they had nowhere to go, though. they wrote themselves into a ditch.

This is from a fairly mainstream centre-left website:

archive.fo/gXOTl

>USS Callister” is maybe the most hopeful Black Mirror episode this side of “San Junipero.” The premise: Everybody will be happier after white men die. The white men who are good will bravely sacrifice ourselves so that the people of color and women might live. The white men who are terrible will have our minds wiped by our rage and desire to possess those we feel have slighted us.

>This is normally the point at which I get a bunch of emails taking me to task for reading themes of racial and gender representation into a work that didn’t require it, except everything I just described is the text of “USS Callister,” right down to the rage-filled white nerd whose mind is destroyed by a video game.

>...

>I called the episode hopeful because it depicts a world largely free from the toxic influence of white men who mean well, but only when they get their way. The episode is kept from becoming a sociopolitical screed in the way Brooker, Bridges, and Haynes broaden that depiction. Those left unspared include white men who fancy ourselves allies and everybody who has ever failed to question the righteousness of their power over others, which is to say, almost everybody alive.

If progressive writers are seeing USS Castillo as a call for white genocide, it's not exactly a Sup Forumsack conspiracy any more, is it? It's now openly acknowledged that the media is pushing for white genocide.

Also a fucking HAMSTER? Really? A hamsters vision is shit. It can barely see a foot in front of it. The whole episode was just a fucking mess.

>taking clickbait hack 'journos' seriously
You're as bad as they are.

>the show's quality declines as Americans get more involved

Is more episodes like White Bear too much to ask for?

This. Both the guy and the indian chick could have killed her with a stern look, she's 40 kilos soaking wet.
I was laughing through the whole ordeal and was kinda hoping the twist at the end would be that she was a terminator or something all along.
It would have been great if the Brienne actress from GoT had played her.

we are now in the american Black Mirror timeline where the show has to cater to the average american that claps after Netflix episodes

americans are world leaders in diversity and need to fuck up every show

Why were all the soldiers blonde women or black males?

This show was already pozzed before nigflix bought it

>yfw you get out just as the claps get in

If they cut out arkangel and metalhead this season would have been much better off.

>Unique

*Cough* Twighlight Zone *Cough*

Hang the DJ is easily best of the season, probably top 5 out of the entire show.

i liked it felt the most "black mirror" type episode this season but the ending just left me wanting

I agree, I think the episodes that focus on interpersonal relationships are often the best but that may just be my own personal taste. I'm still conflicted on how to interpret the end of DJ though. They were able to forgo many of the hardships that come with dating but at the cost of submitting 1000s of copies of their consciousnesses to those same hardships. Does leaving out these hardships take away from the humanity of their true relationship? Idk if I should be depressed or extremely happy. Please help bros

I think it's just to confirm that they'll be a good enough match that they can overcome 99% of the real hardships they're gonna encounter. Like a dating profile on steroids. They still have to be together in real life, and that doesn't stop having shit.

You mean Outer Limits

The ending was weak (they relied WAY too heavily on the 'dude simulations lmao' this season), but the rest of the episode was great.
I would have been happy with it ending with them deciding the fuck the system and run away together. But gotta have that ebin twist so americans have something to clap at

They thought it was a death sentence anyway. Them getting deleting doesn't really hamper the ending for me in that sense.

>stuck on Callister
>can't even fucking jerk off
>3 attractive women on your crew

Actually, this truly, and very much would be a fucking nightmare. It's already bad enough I don't have sex.

The doctor part of Black Museum was pretty good. It was a nice change of pace to see the show bring in body horror instead of just MUH EXISTENTIALISM. The second act was okay, they didn't really have the time to develop the characters and make it different from other black mirror episodes. The third act was dumb and the twist was out of place.

Overall 3/5

They could have ended the Callister episode right when the new girl realized how she's trapped.

I thought, "okay, now they're going to spend 40 minmutes gaying it up"

Black Museum was just a bad attempt at recreating White Christmas.

>black mirror was always multi-culti white hate shit but now I can accuse americans for ruining it
>checkmate americans

The doctor story in Black Museum is basically an idea from Karl Pilkington.

>There will never be an episode like white christmas again
Why do Americans ruin everything

>weak as fuck, especially compared to S3?
Um I thought S3 was regarded as worse than what had come before?
I still liked S3 but preferred the earlier stuff more overall.

I'm halfway through S4. Yeah there are some stupid bits but I don't notice any huge drop off from S3.

S3 was somewhat worse than S2 and (so far imo) S4 is somewhat worse than S3. People are acting like S4 (and/or S3) just go totally off the rails into casual low-quality, and I'm not seeing that.

pound woman
>>overpowering a big guy
Before he knew what she was doing she had wacked his head against a hard surface, and hit it just right to cause severe trauma. Yeah there are tons of examples of 90lb women overpowering big guys in films and it's ridiculous, but this particular example wasn't egregious. The guy literally had no idea what she was trying to do and by the time he figured it out he already had his head cracked from the initial blow.

/Thread/

Black Museum is my favorite episode of the entire season AND series.

It had an unreliable narrator/Crypt Keeper/Rod Sterling/devil in disguise/Tom Waits kind of vibe that I'm a complete sucker for.

That felt like a proper anthology series where you have an unreliable narrator telling a story within a story like the Crypt Keeper or Rod Sterling in their respective shows. I wish there would have been more of a "here's the moral of the story, kids" rather than doing the whole twist. I was hoping that he was going to take the black girl captive or do some big reveal like that he IS the devil. I really hate the fact that he was NOT the devil.

I also thought he sounded a lot like Heath Ledger's Joker. I'm not familiar with the actor, but I'm going to guess that's how he really sounds. Intentional or not, he was a really good choice. I don't know if the story about Ledger basing his Joker on Tom Waits is true or not, but if so, it makes it all the more interesting to me.

The fact that the masochist story was based on a story by Penn Jillette is the cherry on top. Magicians have that whole "come closer, I have a story to tell you, but first, pick a card" vibe that meshes really well with a story about a guy in a suit who wants to sell you a product to fix your situation.

To think that this guy is (maybe?) responsible for all the tech in the Black Mirror episodes would have been a great twist and made the series look a lot fucking cooler in retrospect, but killing him off? Booooooo.