Fuck you, I liked them

Fuck you, I liked them.

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/alt-right-trolls-attack-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-article-1.3713990
youtube.com/watch?v=kyqxWU1QkrE
youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8
youtube.com/watch?v=bv20ZoBcdO8
youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g
youtube.com/watch?v=KdgSPC-eqTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HdJnoL4KR8g
youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU
variety.com/2017/digital/news/star-wars-last-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-user-ratings-bots-skewed-1202647473/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Me too, user.

God the prequels had so many good pieces of music compared to disney wars.

>Prequels: 55, 66, 79% on Rotten Tomatoes
>Sequels: 93, 91% so far
Yeah, fuck off OP

This is what bothers me most about Disney Wars. Two movies in and not one memorable piece of music, why even bother bringing back John Williams?

So did nu-Sup Forums. It probably has something with people who were little kids back then being old to shitpost now.

You have to be over 18 to post here.

>91%
51%**

>quoting the audience score
Yeah, those trolls definitely gave their honest opinions

Reminder to the underage that episode 1 came out 18 years ago. People who grew up with PT are about 30 now, we're not new here, we've been here forever.

i like the prequels to

Better remember to wear your tinfoil hat.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>so much time has passed that critique has come full circle

we know you didn't really enjoy them, you're just a typical contrarian on Sup Forums

>paid critics give honest opinions

The opening in 3 alone is far, far better than anything we've seen in the sequels.

As if RT actually means anything, user.

The prequels are objectively GREAT movies, if you have shit taste if you disagree.

I WILL debate you on this.

The audience score definitely is reliable, huh? Fucking shitlord
nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/alt-right-trolls-attack-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-article-1.3713990

KINO
I
N
O

Reminder that LucasArts made great games
Now disney gave full game rights to EA
In other words, we won't see a good Star wars game again like we did in the prequel era

The prequels had way more redeeming qualities than the new movies. I remember way back in 2005 when ROTS came out, quite a few of us old-timers were amazed at the epilogue. It was poetic as fuck.

The problem with the prequels was execution and unfulfilled potential being squandered. Phantom Menace fucked up big time with Jar Jar and the Gungans. Attack of the Clones made Anakin out to be a whiny bitch. Revenge of the Sith crammed too much too fast.

Anons mentioned that the Prequels should've established Anakin as a Padawan in the 1st installment; showing glimpses of his frustration at being constrained by the Jedi Order. The Clone Wars cartoons (both the Tartakovsky version and the 2008 CGI one) did a good job filling in the blanks in-between Episodes 2 and 3 over Anakin's characterization and development.

If the prequels combined the best elements of what was originally in the live-action movies and what we saw in the Clone Wars series, the prequels would've been god-tier.

You know you fucked up when the new SW films have no memorable scenes like these:

youtube.com/watch?v=kyqxWU1QkrE

youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8

youtube.com/watch?v=bv20ZoBcdO8

youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g

youtube.com/watch?v=KdgSPC-eqTQ

youtube.com/watch?v=HdJnoL4KR8g

youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU

Rogue One had a metric ton of flaws, but it actually felt more like a Star Wars movie than Force Awakens and Last Jedi. I gave a shit about Krennic, Galen, Jyn, and everyone else in that movie than all of the cast in the new Star Wars.

>those ads near the end of the first video

Is there any way to get rid of those? I have adblock on too

>there will never be another comfy Star Wars era like the early 2000s
>prequels, KOTOR, Clone Wars cartoon, New Jedi Order series
What a great time to be a Star Wars fan. Now in the 2010s it's all gone to shit.

I liked Ep 3 a lot. The dialogue was appalling, but I could get past that. The story was great.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars for Xbox was also great
I appreciated the references to the Tales of the Jedi comics that it had, like Ulic QelDroma shows up as a force ghost

Rogue One getting wiped out

Kylo taking out Snoke through mind games

Admiral Tumblr going kamikaze

Luke facing Kylo solo

Honestly it's only TFA that's forgettable garbage.

Yeah that was a pretty good and underappreciated little game. Very comfy.

The prequels make no fucking sense. So Dooku was actually a good guy in AOTC? He says Darth Sidious is controlling the Senate and is rallying forces against him. Ok, this is pretty cool. But why is he taking orders from Sidious? Double games? If so this is never mentioned or even hinted at. And did he even know Palpatine was Sidious? Why did this seemingly important anti-hero get completely forgotten in Episode 3? Come on.

it-it-it's a coincidence...stop b-blaming j-jews on everything! reeeee!

You're unironically a brainlet if you couldn't figure out that Dooku was the Sith Apprentice after Maul when Sidious says "Welcome home Lord Tyrannus" at the end of the movie

Children are literally able to figure this out...

>using RT as a valid metric...

You guys are ridiculous. The new movies are fantastic. People complain about the dumbest crap. Basically, people get an idea of what they think the movie's going to be, and then when it isn't that, they hate it. Yeah the stuff with Finn and Rose in 8 was meh, but take that away, and the rest makes for a really great movie. And yeah 7 had a similar structure to 4. So what? It was written, directed and acted fantastically given what the story was, and regardless of the similarities, still felt really fresh. TFA is my favorite movie of them all. TFA was about the first order trying to bring back what they thought was great about the empire, with a parallel to the same kind of hope with the Jedi (and the nostalgia of the fans to the OT), and TLJ was all about showing how following the same pattern of the past just isn't going to work for anybody. The culmination of that should make for a really different third act. The Jedi aren't going to be following the same broken patterns as before, and The First Order will also likely be in a very different shape than the last two movies, as Ben throws away his obsession with the past.

So why did Dooku reveal to Obi-Wan that his master was blinding them? Was it 4D chess to cause mistrust against the senate so Sidious could move against them when they strike him? It is a bit convoluted.

I am Alternative Right, I can confirm I personally bought six hundred thousands RT bots to reviewbomb this awful piece of propaganda from vladimir ivanovich petretsku, the top russian alt right nazi trump hacker also known as "Sup Forums"

>it doesn't matter how fundamentally broken it is as a movie, because with a post-post-post-postmodern approach you see that it was all about showing how following the same pattern of the past just isn't going to work for anybody

>Prequels: 59%, 66%, 65% on Rotten Tomatoes
>Sequels: 88%, 51%

Prequel apologists are as bad as sequel apologists

>You guys are ridiculous. The new movies are fantastic.

fuck you, I liked it

Because Dooku secretly wanted to betray Sidious. He knew he was only a pawn in Sidious' plan.

I like the prequels and think the backlash they get is mostly pissed off fat nerds who were 7 when ANH came out and realized when watching the prequels that SW is a franchise for children and didn't like them as a result and/or RLM shills but there are some things in the prequels that I think are hard to defend. Would love your thoughts on them.

>Low hanging fruit first: Jar Jar Binks. It's not like he harms the greatest purpose of the film or anything and it's kind of a meme to focus so much on him, but what the honest fuck was George thinking?

>Miscasting in Samuel L. Jackson. He honestly plays the straight man/quiet, wise Jedi master role like complete dogshit. They didn't need to give him a role where he's yelling at people and smacking dudes around, but he needed a role that played more to his strengths as a loose cannon. You know, like the character that exists, Qui Gon Jinn.

>Dialogue being bad is mostly played up but there are some honest to god terrible scenes in the prequels dialogue wise. It's hard for me to think of a defense for some of the Anakin/Padme scenes, not just in chemistry/acting but in writing. You can't have chemistry no matter how well you can act if the lines you're reciting are this bad.

>Camerawork and blocking in any non action scene is miserable, just terrible. Camera angles are static and boring and reuse the same establishing shot of the heads of those who speak as they speak. Every expository scene is like a fucking video game dialogue interaction. RotS is one of the highest stakes movies in the entire franchise, yet in scenes like Obi Wan telling Padme that her husband and father to her child/children just murdered a bunch of kids, they're just sitting on a couch and the camera lazily flips back and forth between the two. Where's the energy, where's the passion? Nothing is expressed in movement, camera angles, music, dialogue, NOTHING.

>he trusts paid critics

Prequel apologists revere the OT. Sequel apologists shits both on the OT and the PT.
I'll go with prequel apologists anyday. At least they are mature enough to know the prequels aren't perfect, unlike disneyshills who believe that Rey Finn and Poe are the best character ever created and that Holdo was fine, and that space Leia was fine, and that killing Luke is fine, and that the force is female is fine, etc...

and you trust the fucking critics score?

The droid factory scene. Nothing in the prequels comes close to that in terms of cringe. It actually is like a live action children's cartoon

Basically this. The difference is that people who like the prequels know that they are flawed movies, but people who like the new ones don't even like Star Wars or at least the Lucas Star Wars.

reys theme is easy to remember but not incredible or anything

george said basically yeah, he decided the best way for dooku to confuse the jedi council was to tell them the truth. Remember at the end, obi wan asks yoda if he believes what dooku told him and yoda says, nah he's a liar now.

But Rotten Tomatoes itself says that the reviews are legit.

variety.com/2017/digital/news/star-wars-last-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-user-ratings-bots-skewed-1202647473/