Would you have kneeled?

Would you have kneeled?

yes. he seemed alright.

his deep voice was fucking creamy

Now that's a good reason to kneel and submit to someone if I have ever heard one

Yeah, he's pretty reasonable.

Yes, I'd suck his dick too

Maybe if he promised not to bum me.

well I'm not a spartan I'm a coward so yes

ofcourse. he'd pay everything for me. all i gotta do is let him suck me off and fuck him. how is this NOT winning at life? also the guy is not bad looking. he's fun and I bet awesome to hang with. he'd probably buy me video games and take me out to eat

Yeah. Persian Empire had far superior living standards, political institutions, and basic rights than most Greek city states and especially Sparta. Zoroastrianism forbids slavery while Spartan society was based on it, to the point of having regular violent purges of their helot class by young Spartan cadets. There was an incident where the Spartans offered any helot that agreed to enlist in their forces for a campaign manumission in exchange; they invited the volunteers to a feast where they were promptly slaughtered. Why? Those helots were the ones willing to fight and kill for their freedom.

>even the ogre was given a harem of slam piggies
pussy or glory user....

>Every autumn, according to Plutarch (Life of Lycurgus, 28, 3–7), the Spartan ephors would pro forma declare war on the helot population so that any Spartan citizen could kill a helot without fear of punishment. At night, the chosen kryptes (members of the Krypteia) were sent out into the Laconian countryside armed with knives with the instructions to kill any helot they encountered and to take any food they needed. They were specifically told to kill the strongest and best of the helots. This practice was instigated to prevent the threat of a rebellion by the helots and to keep their population in check.

>According to Cartledge, Krypteia members stalked the helot villages and surrounding countryside, spying on the servile population. Their mission was to prevent and suppress unrest and rebellion. Troublesome helots could be summarily executed. Such brutal repression of the helots permitted the Spartan elite to successfully control the servile agrarian population and devote themselves to military practice. It may also have contributed to the Spartans' reputation for stealth since a kryptes who got caught was punished by whipping.[1]

>Only Spartans who had served in the Krypteia as young men could expect to achieve the highest ranks in Spartan society and army. It was felt that only those Spartans who showed the willingness and ability to kill for the state at a young age were worthy to join the leadership in later years.

>I would give up my sovereignty to complete strangers who are also weaker than me
geeze, and I thought this whole soy-thing was a meme

Let's see...
>join the Persian empire and live a life of wealth and power
>lead an elite unit of Spartan shock troops as part of the largest army in the world on a campaign to conquer all of Europe
>probably get to fugg Artemisia
or
>refuse Xerxes' offer and die

I dunno, seems like a really hard choice.

Dying for your beliefs and people > living and betraying everything

>I believe in open marriages with younger Bulls, state slavery and inbreeding.

The Persians were actually pretty cool. Prosperity and security followed wherever they conquered and they were very tolerant when it came to cultural differences and religions.

Why modern leaders don't dress like this? I totally would if I was a president

>Zoroastrianism forbids slavery
that doesn't mean there wasn't any in Persia. We have slave sales documents from that period as from pretty much every period of Iranian history. Basically every single society pre 1300 CE or so had some form of slavery

Do you really want to see Trump or Hillary standing around wearing nothing but gold panties?

Source? I'm not doubting you, since it's hard to think of a case where there wasn't a schism between the state religion's doctrine and the state's practices, but I'm damn interested in seeing what ancient slave trading documents looked like.

Perfect casting

>(Text 143, from Strassmaier, 1890, Inschriften von Kambyses) talks about the "branding" of the hand of a slave in both Akkadian and Aramaic. >Similarly, two Aramaic documents from Achaemenid Egypt cite a similar practice of slave-branding (Texts 22 & 41 from Grelot, 1972, Documents araméens d'Égypte)

Thank you.

yes

The Sassanids also used Roman POWs to farm the buffer zone between the two empires, IIRC though they were allowed to take wives and slavery wasn't hereditary.

I kneel to no-

so how are the shoops coming guys?

Only to Lucas and

Not to a fag.