TRA-LA-LAAAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=BJgL9pbDLBE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pv9UZ7-kW-c
youtube.com/watch?v=zV8v6d-MLL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AAAAAAAAL-AL=ART

This looks exactly like the movie I wanted 10 years ago

Is Captain Underpants the most tragic concept? He was invented right before a grown man in his underpants running around with two minors became questionable.

This.... actually looks pretty good. Could this be the kino we've been waiting for?

June 2nd is going to be great

Hmm, do you guys think they combined the Goosey Grow and Shrinky Pig, or is it just clever editing?

is that weird al fucking yankovic?

Poopypants has all his gadgets, so most likely edited

The fucker even supposedly builds the toiletnator

It's going to be great but I'm crossing fingers they keep Poopypant's backstory and not just HURR IM EVIL

I'm hoping that the toiletnator is the result of something else. Isn't Melvin supposed to be in this too?

jesus fuck I'm pretty sure they showed %90 of the movie, I hope they still have more things

You bet your fucking ass it is

i fucking love his battle cry.

cachphrase.

whatever.

He is

The teacher that turns into Wedgie woman is also there, but she was in every book

There's no way they could just ignore it

I expect Poopypants to already come with his revenge plan in mind and to explain his motives later on

What exactly is his backstory, is it really worth the trouble?

youtu.be/pv9UZ7-kW-c

A professor who comes from a fictional place where everyone has a silly name, who ends up becoming an elementary school teacher because he gets laughed out of every science institution in the country.

It technically is all three of those. Pretty cool, right?

This brings back so much.

Well, surprisingly solid and on-point, but I expected a straight up remake of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=zV8v6d-MLL0

Waiting for the inevitable mashup

Movies like this piss me off.

Not because they look bad, but because they clearly illustrate just how fucking EASY it is to take a source material and make a good fucking movie out of it. Movies based on cartoons/comics/games/books etc. don't NEED to constantly jar with the original text and disappoint fans because a bunch of executives in suits decided to change shit.

This just looks like a flawless adaptation of the original comics. The comics that are so familiar with the youth of today. In comedic spirit, in visuals, and in general feel, this just works. It's not fucking rocket science, Hollywood.

Yep, he's played by Jordan Peele.

be happy we're getting this. prsonally i never heard of CU, but damn this look so fun.

I really love this scene. The kids are laughing at and protecting him for most of the movie, until he finally gets his superpowers and proves he's a true hero.

God these books had so many good villains
I hope they don't lump too many of them into this movie. Bionic Booger Boy deserves more than that.

Looks like it

It's being written by the same guy who directed The Muppets reboot film so I'm hoping he'll make of the trend of capeflicks setting up other movies.

We need a gif of his twitching mustache

The same can be said for a lot of video game movies, unfortunately.

If this movie does successful enough and gets approved by Dave Pilkey to set a sequel, what do you want to see?

Honestly, Wedgie Woman, she was GOAT

Blunderpants and the Purple Potty People.

I loved these books as a kid but I did outgrow the toilet humor, so I don't think I'd be able to sit through a whole film of it (not to be a wet blanket, I'm glad a lot of adults are looking forward to it), but I'm really excited that a 3DCG movie this stylized could end up being very successful. I want to see more 3D animated films this insanely cartoony & distinct-looking. Really happy for Dave Pilkey too, he deserves all the success he gets.

I totally thought Wedgie Woman and the good Captain were gonna hook up at one point, but that was probably just a younger me trying to push another catwoman fantasy.

Lots of original comics are pretty shit and I wouldn't want a flawless adapation of them anyway.

I mean, did people really want Civil war? God no.

This. I would have cared when I was in 5th grade, but now I'm 24.

You do realize there are kids nowadays who read Captain Underpants right? This isn't some wasted opportunity where they missed the mark by a decade. This isn't Saved by the Bell the movie, this is something that's still being made to this day.

I was saying how weird it is that it's exactly how I was picturing it, down to the weird al.

I don't think that's what they meant. Obviously kids still read Captain Underpants, I think they're just saying they wish they would have gotten this movie when they were a kid because they would have gone crazy over it.

Memes, do your magic

some people complain about the voices for george and harold but I think they work well.

Same

Dumb Bunnies movie when

do people even remember there was a cartoon?

That's actually a nice desktop wallpaper.

I do.

>The First Epic Movie
So are we getting a Captain Underpants cinematic universe? Hyped.

The problem people have with them is that they don't sound like kids. Which to be fair, is done in lots of cartoons/movies with child protagonists but I think with George and Harold specifically, them being young kids are what shapes their characters.

>These bitches laughing at Poopypants

>So are we getting a Captain Underpants cinematic universe?

Well, the name is mostly a reference to the first book (The First Epic Movie) but I could totally see them making 2 sequels based on the other 8 books

Will he get powers in this one or nah?

Yes

Seems like an analogue for the zombie kids are in this movie as well, so yeah. Good bet.

>Posting an image of a reprint

It's still a reference

The full color editions are really cool.
Got them for my nephew and it's disappointing they only did the first 4.

I figure that was only to hype up for the movie.

Oh yeah. They're hardcover too. My nephew borrowed a copy from his school library once. It looked really well done.

That's what the cage is for

I would have preferred something in the Gumball and Darwin range but I'm fine with what we got.
Cap is on point though.

I think they're coming out one a year.

You didn't see him flying around, user?

The actual people of Wedgy Woman and Cap were initially going to have a love interest but it was a giant prank

>Silly Rabbi, Tricks are for Kids!

What a fantastic subplot.

saved

Well that was their secret identities, I was talking about the hero/villain themselves.

I don't know how I feel about that. Peele has decent range so maybe he can pull it off.

Could Captain Underpants be able to beat Superman?

I don't know but he probably could put up a good fight

If they do a Wedgie Woman movie they have to include the kickball gag.

>"OH NO!" screamed George
>"Here we go again!" screamed Harold
>Movie Ends

If this doesn't happen I'm going to be deeply upset

>This just looks like a flawless adaptation of the original comics.

I'm confused. Isn't this what we want?

They grew on me, Thomas Middleditch played a kid before in Penn Zero and Kevin Hart is known to have a high-sounding voice.

I wouldn't mind kid voices, but I couldn't imagine George and Harold being voice by children keeping up with the very fast-paced deliver of the movie.

If Mel Brooks told us anything, is that the Jewish religion is hilarious.

He's saying that it pisses him off because it proves that movie adaptations don't have to be the unmitigated garbage that virtually all of them are.

seeing how the author of the cu books made other superheroes, there could be one.

That's the point, user. Why does Hollywood get fucking Captain Underpants right, but not comic titans like Batman or Superman?

Well this movie seems to combine the first four books.
>Book 1: Hypno-Ring, Discovering how to turn Krupp/Captain Underpants back and forward.
>Book 2: Melvin playing a role, Talking Toilets and the Toiletnator
>Book 3: Captain Underpants getting his Superpowers
>Book 4: Professor Poopypants as the main villain.

I probably won't see the movie but I like that they seemed to put in thought on the style of animation and what would fit

Sometimes it can be good

Civil War or HTTYD

>Book 3: Captain Underpants getting his Superpowers
Also you see the students being zombies (not zombie nerds) in the music video clip

>Civil War
AHAHAHAHAHA

Oh shit I forgot about that.

The next movie is probably going to focus on Wedgie Woman, Melvin the Booger Boy (and the Booger-Borgs) and Captain Blunderpants being the final boss.

You could have Melvin be the greater scope threat (have the others be side effects of his various experiments) and maybe push Blunderpants to the last movie being the final 4 books and having him be part of Poopypant's time travel shenanigans

>people who haven't read all 12 books will be seeing this movie
>but this movie will also encourage them to read the books anyway
I'm so confused as to how to feel about those particular people. Should I be both happy and sad?

I'm hooked by the almost 2D style

I know this is a movie production, but it kind of bothers me that this 3-d animated movie is exhibiting better posing, expression, and exaggeration than a lot of 2-d cartoons today

Be happy that something you like will be relevant with the public.

I'm a Wonder Woman fan and have never read Captain Underpants, but I'm seriously considering watching it instead of WW

Read it if you want to, the books are pretty funny. I'll be seeing both, myself.

Here's a ending on what they could do.
>George and Harold with Captain Underpants are having their final battle with Evil George and Harold with Captain Blunderpants. Evil G&H brainwashed and grown Sulu, leaving their children Tony, Orlando and Dawn to convince their dad to return to their sense, what's worse that Evil G&H has removed Captain Underpants' powers. They decide to end it all by breaking both Hypno Rings and manage to trick Blunderpants into losing his powers, which due to plot-convenience ends the brainwashing on both Underpants and Blunderpants.
>Deciding they needed a nice principle for once, George and Harold swap Krupps, keeping the nice Mr. Krupp from the evil G&H universe while their mean Mr. Krupp goes to the Purple Potty Evil Universe, where he fits in due to his school being highly-regarded and peaceful with not a bit of bad behaviour, plus he can torture Evil George and Harold all he likes with permanent detention and other nasty punishments.
>Good Mr. Krupp stays in the real George and Harold's universe free from Blunderpants' brainwashing making improvements to the school. Everyone is shocked but pleased at Mr. Krupp's sudden change of heart even the teachers who have been given bigger paychecks.
>Everyone gets a happy ending (except for Melvin who is still a turd), George meets a young white girl who he starts crushing on while Harold meets a young shy Asian manga-fanboy who he starts crushing on but denies that he is gay. The move ends with George and Harold growing up as comic-book writers going to a movie premier (with Thomas Middleditch and Kevin Hart cameoing as themselves) of Dog-Man.

>that face
>how far he is in the book
He's reading the part where Dav is shitting on adults, isn't he

Or the part with the Warden Gordon Borden

doesn't Professor Poopypants go mad in the books.

i remember he wanted to teach kids only for them to make fun of his name then he wanted to make them pay by giving them stupid names and eventually he tried to kill them

that too

It likely going to be told in a flashback how too much bullying of his stupid name made him snap.

>Dog-Man movie premier.
If we don't get any hints of an actual Dog-Man movie we riot.

It looks like an origins story so just the original villain should be good.

I think I've only ever read the first book.

Nah, it seems like that in this universe Poopypants is Captain's first nemesis.

Wasn't he? I don't remember the first book.