Is this the greatest superhero epic ever written?

Is this the greatest superhero epic ever written?

Second best only to watchman.

That ain't to shabby if you ask me.

Its possible but ive never even heard of it

user if you want to have regular Worm threads please don't begin them by attempting to start shit.

Worm has some issues that could probably be resolved once Wildbow finishes going back and doing some serious editing, but that probably won't happen for awhile.

I can't imagine how daunting the task of editing Worm would be. I have old projects that I haven't touched in years that I'm extremely reluctant to go back to, and none of them are on the scale of Worm.

I suspect Worm will never get a proper editing, but it might get an abridged rewrite for an adaptation or somesuch.

Good for teenagers and people who read it as teenagers, violently mediocre otherwise.

Guys how long is Worm? I read a couple of chapters but havent gone back to it in months

I don't know what this is but you have my attention.

It's a little bit longer than three times the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. 1.5x as long as the entire Harry Potter series.

It's... really fucking long. If it were books it's be long and thick.

Also what's the last letter? Why would you keep people from reading the name of the series?

Are Worm threads a regular thing now or why is this the second one I see this week?

Not that I mind but why is it getting threads now when it was borderline obscure before?

Also beginning with a post like that is just asking for trouble OP.

It is getting periodically edited and in fact most of the rougher earlier chapters have already been replaced with edited streamlined versions, a lot of the early fight scenes got way easier to read.

Who can say, the name's only been mentioned several times in the thread already, and is also in the filename. It's just going to remain a mystery.

No, but that's okay. Worm is really really good. It doesn't have to be the best, it stands on its own feet.

I will tell you what it's not: Sup Forums related.

>capeshit
>not Sup Forums related
whu?

Where else does it go? At the very least Sup Forums often deals with capeshit, so it fits in like that.

What, are you going to reach out to the superhero-genre community on /lit/? Are you going to expect semi-reasonable people to actually go on /lit/?

I unironically love Worm threads.

It's unfortunate how there are myriads of graphic novels, movies, vidya, and television about capeshit, but there really isn't that much awareness about this novel.

It shows up on /tg/ as well.

so is taylor in a coma or what

Did I ask for the name of the series. It's obviously Worm, and you're a retard if you couldn't figure that out from the discussion. My point was that, in general, blocking out the full name of the title in a promotional image doesn't make sense.

I'll explain this slowly for you since I know you won't get it. When someone wants to advertise something they do what we call promotions. These promotions will generally contain the name or title of what they're promoting as well as a recognizable image, slogan, or both. In this case they had the title and an image, but the image blocked out the title. Anyone who isn't retarded would realize this doesn't really make sense, as it literally defeats the point of the promotion in the first place if people can't tell what's being promoted.

You're just as bad as the autists that want to discuss anime here because they don't want to go to Sup Forums.

>Did I ask for the name of the series.
yes

Anyone who isn't retarded wouldn't ask questions they already know the answer to.
>Why would you keep people from reading the name of the series?
Is a perfectly fine post on it's own, but you had to be a moron and put in the
>Also what's the last letter?
Which is, if you carefully examine it, asking for the fucking name.

If you want to get really technical, he only asked for the last letter, but did mention "the name of the series" in the second sentence, so I can see this going either way.

I overlook a lot of its flaws since it was not a professional project.

It was just some guy writing 3 chapters a week for months at a time as a passion project.

I think that makes it better desu. It has a kind of lovable sincerity to it, knowing that it's just some guy writing all of his superhero daydreams into a story. Wildbow's later work is better written for sure but it doesn't have that same sincerity.

Nah. Too many problems with pacing and structure. Fight scenes are too taxing and while the moments of respite between fights were strong that kind of petered out. Mostly stuff that can be fixed with editing though. Also I think it failed a little to say more about it's overarching themes in the end.

lol that's dumb.

no ur dumb

>Also I think it failed a little to say more about it's overarching themes in the end.
at least it did better than Pact
who knows what the point of Pact was

All I can tell is that the point of Twig is to scar my soul.

The Behemoth battle was some of the greatest bit of action I ever experienced. I was literally on the edge of my seat.

I wasn't a fan of the Endbringer fights. I can't stay focused for a long fight scenes, and it's even worse when they last an entire arc.

I think my favorite fight was probably Skitter vs Mannequin. Mannequin is really intimidating and the stakes somehow felt higher because it was the first time that Skitter had to protect the people in her territory.

Worm has great world building, creative powers and is not afraid to upset the status quo, besides that its pretty average.

its got a unique niche for people who wonder why super people dont apply their powers more intelligently.

Nah, she in an alternate earth with no powers. Courtesy of contessa.

Am I correct in taking away from the discussions in this and the previous thread that Worm is an entirely written story and that most if not all illustrations relating to it are done by fans?

You are correct, every piece of art you see is just fanart and Worm itself is a written story.

Yes. Worm is a novel, and the images produced are fan-made.

Honestly, Sup Forums should be renamed to "comics and capeshit," with cartoons having their own board.

Didn't Wildbow do a few commissions for official art?

Now the most important question. Are there any waifus?

of course there are

Tattletale

>I can't stay focused for a long fight scenes, and it's even worse when they last an entire arc.
I agree but in this case I was high as a kite while reading so that might have effected my enjoyment. Still there were quite a few great moments that caught me.

Does this have suffering?

PRINT VERSION WHEN?
I wanna see Worm on my shelf.

Behemoth wasn't as bad as leviathan at least because there was a lot going on in the background

to answer "yes" would be the understatement of the year

Fug, didn't mean to link.

That's just because of the Weaverdice game.

Reading Worm before the time skip:
>"This is quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever read. This novel should become critically acclaimed."

Reading Worm after the timeskip:
>"REEEEE THIS IS AWFUL BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS REEEEE"

>does it have suffering
Wew lawd.

Any good fanfics. I've only read Copacetic. Really shocked that there aren't more post canon stories.

go ask mods for permission

until then, stop bothering. this is for comics and cartoons, not nerd culture fandoms

Let me put it this way: If it were ever made into an anime, Wildbow would get Gen Urobuchi to write the screenplay.

fuck. picked up.

Actually, his profile on the Worm Wiki says he's a fan of Madoka, so he'd DEFINITELY want him to write the screenplay.

BEST LESBIAN WAIFU!

Painfully accurate, the quality of the main story starts declining in the last third (rapidly even at certain parts like S9000) but the worldbuilding just consistently stays god tier that you suffer through the shit just to learn more.

I mean really, the Entities are an amazing concept and Worm will forever have my favourite explanation for why superpowers in a setting exist.

Second one this week.

>female Shino

I can dig it

The author is just about to finish his current story and confirmed that the one after that will be a Worm sequel, that probably got people hyped enough that they want to talk about it again.

I would rather he edit Worm and publish it as a book before doing a sequel but that's neat.

fuck, Twig is closer to the ending than I thought
I'm gonna have to go faster if I want to catch up before it ends

So is Worm serious and dark, depressing, all of that.

Or is the tone more balanced.

mostly dark and depressing
it has its ups and downs but, for the most part, the ups are just there to make downs hit that much harder

Fug. I hear great things, but "everything is horrible, fuck you the end" just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm in the same boat but this is getting me so curious I may read a chapter to see what it's like.

Honestly I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of recommending that people start with Twig before trying to get into Worm. The community is smaller, but it's much better written and the atmosphere of constant despair isn't quite so relentless as in Worm.

I think part of my problem is I hate reading bricks of text on screen. Especially stories. I'm hoping for that print version.

.... How much editing to go?

That's because everything shows up on /tg/ once in a while. I could make a thread on anything and somehow make it /tg/ related.

Who knows? He's been in the process of editing Worm for years. But I suspect he wants to release a paper version before Worm 2, and he's going to write Worm 2 after Twig, and Twig is almost done, so he doesn't have much time left.