Armond White – 20 MOVIES THAT DESTROYED ART

1) Good Night and Good Luck (2005) — George Clooney, president of the corrupt canon, directed and acted in a dishonest fantasy biopic of TV-news icon Edward R. Murrow to revive blacklist lore as part of a liberal agenda.

2) The Dark Knight (2008) used the Batman myth to undermine heroism, overturn social mores, and embrace anarchy.

3) Ocean’s Twelve (2004) — Steven Soderbergh salutes land of the greedy and home of the depraved in a reboot franchise sequel, scoffing at the post-War conviction of Sinatra’s Rat Pack original.

4) 12 Years a Slave (2013) distorted the history of slavery while encouraging and continuing Hollywood’s malign neglect of slavery’s contemporary impact.

5) Wall-E (2008) — Nihilism made cute for children of all ages who know nothing about cultural history or how to sustain it.

6) Manderlay (2005) — Lars Von Trier’s Dogville sequel sold American self-hatred back to us, and critics fawned.

7) United 93 (2006) reduced the pain and tragedy of 9/11 to the inanity of a disaster movie.

8) Frost/Nixon (2008) — Political vengeance disguised as a dual biopic that prized showbiz egotism over conflicted public service.

9) Knocked Up (2007) — Judd Apatow’s comedy of bad manners attacked maturity and propriety.

10) The Social Network (2010) — David Fincher’s new Horatio Alger tale glorified technocrat Mark Zuckerberg with chic, digital-era arrogance.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/420043/dope-peddles-trite-racial-stereotypes-armond-white
courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-hillary-clinton-brookfield-book-tour-20170915-story.html
youtu.be/JrO5e8-solQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

11) Precious (2009) coincided with Obama’s first year in office to revive racial condescension with the audacity of nope.

12) The Hangover (2009) infantilized privileged adulthood, a celebration of chaos and irresponsibility.

13) Slumdog Millionaire (2008) — an Oscar-winning tale of game-show greed as an answer to systemic poverty.

14) A History of Violence (2005) — David Cronenberg’s new take on Ugly Americans blamed patriotic sadism.

15) Inglourious Basterds (2009) — Quentin Tarantino’s answer to Abu Ghraib, a cruel, jokey, ahistorical revision of WWII.

16) The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) — Ass-kicking espionage disparaged American foreign policy while making money off it.

17) Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005) — Sarcastic violence is the new marriage equality, says Brangelina, Hollywood’s POTUS and FLOTUS.

18) Che (2008) — Steven Soderbergh gives Hipster Hollywood its own four-hour rebuttal to Oliver Stone’s JFK.

19) There Will Be Blood (2007) — Paul Thomas Anderson’s pseudo-epic of the American soul cooked up an anti-Christian, weirdly misogynist history lesson.

20) Lincoln (2012) — Spielberg succumbs to Tony Kushner’s limousine-liberal cynicism to valorize Obama-era political chicanery.

Absolutely BASED

literally who

>redpilled gay nigger
It's understandable why he's so depressed

hes wrong about knocked up, there will be blood, the social network and slumdog

how the hell is wall e nihilistic?

If he's such a good critic then why does he waste his time reviewing popcorn trash? He's treating shallow entertainment like high art, of course it will apart

>Wall-E (2008) — Nihilism made cute for children of all ages who know nothing about cultural history or how to sustain it.
How the fuck do you even come to that conclusion

Going to have to bump ops pic

I'm legitimately impressed by the contrarianism on display here. Even if he's actually just horribly mentally handicapped, this is strikingly consistent bullshit.

Based as fuck

>The Dark Knight (2008) used the Batman myth to undermine heroism, overturn social mores, and embrace anarchy.

What a fucking idiot

>Just throws the brick directly into his window

>good critic
>judges movies solely on whether he agrees with the story's point of view

Imagine what a nightmare an Armond White-directed film would be.

>all these edgy faggots emulating Ledger's Joker
>this isn't Nolan's fault
No.

He's literally the only critic reminding people that garbage belongs in the trash

Wouldn't it just be, like, a military movie where America saves the day and everybody loves them?

>its just popcorn trash
>don't look at the unsubtle propaganda they push on the masses!
These flicks deserve to be criticised and analysed far more than films that are pushing the boundaries of film

Uncle Tarmond sho got mo brain than dem dat work de fields!

I wonder what Armond thinks of rap music

Did you read his The Square review?
What about the Good Times one?

He likes Kendrick
nationalreview.com/article/420043/dope-peddles-trite-racial-stereotypes-armond-white

i know hes a funny meme lol but all jokes aside, armond white is an absolute and utter arsehole.

Look up his actual review, its a goldmine.

> Ledger's already-overrated performance consists of a Ratso Rizzo voice and lots of lip-licking. But how great of an actor was Ledger to accept this trite material in the first place? Unlike Nicholson's multileveled characterization, Ledger reduces The Joker to one-note ham-acting and trite symbolism. If you fell for the evil-versus-evil antagonism of There Will Be Blood, then The Dark Knight should be the movie of your wretched dreams.

>Dent says, "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain." What kind of crap is that to teach our children, or swallow ourselves? Such illogic sums up hipster nihilism, just like Herzog's Encounters at the End of the World. Putting that crap in a Batman movie panders to the naiveté of those who have not outgrown the moral simplifications of old comics but relish cynicism as smartness.

>Appealing to adolescent jadedness and boredom, Nolan revamps millionaire Bruce Wayne's transformation into the crime-fighter Batman (played by indie-zombie Christian Bale), by making him a twisted icon, what the kids call "sick." The Dark Knight is not an adventure movie with a driven protagonist; it's a goddamn psychodrama in which Batman/Bruce Wayne's neuroses compete with two alter-egos: Gotham City's law-and-order District Attorney, Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), and master criminal The Joker (Heath Ledger)-all three personifying the contemporary distrust of virtue. We're way beyond film noir here.

>"Madness, as you know, is like gravity-all it takes is a little push." The Dark Knight is the sentinel of our cultural abyss. All it takes is a push.

>4) 12 Years a Slave (2013) distorted the history of slavery while encouraging and continuing Hollywood’s malign neglect of slavery’s contemporary impact.
>15) Inglourious Basterds (2009) — Quentin Tarantino’s answer to Abu Ghraib, a cruel, jokey, ahistorical revision of WWII.
>20) Lincoln (2012) — Spielberg succumbs to Tony Kushner’s limousine-liberal cynicism to valorize Obama-era political chicanery.
If he's pretending to be redpilled he's pretending too fucking well.

Is Armond White actually black or is it Uwe Boll in blackface?

>Knocked Up
Of all movies this makes his list.

1. The red scare paranoia of the 50's was terrifying for libs AND reps in Hollywood.
2. The Joker is not a character meant to be emulated. Batman's sacrifice does not undermine his heroism.
3. There are plenty of worse remarked that came before this.
4. It tells the very personal impact slavery had on the main protagonist. It's not an all encompassing historical overview.
5. A gross misreading of the film text.
7. World Trade Center was a much worse representation of 9/11.
10. He isn't glorified. He's called an "asshole loser."

In most of these he's not actually talking about the movie, just how he disagrees with them politically.

Most moviegoers consider Fincher high-art. The Social Network has been praised by many on Sup Forums.

this movie started the movement

He really is phenomenal. I don't think it's a character either, one man could not possibly be that consistent.

he's right though

It's true, all of it

Based.

It's valid when they exist to shove an agenda down your throat or make a statement.

That begs the question: What does he think of Roland Emmerich movies?

He himself is shoving his agenda up our throats and we're swallowing it and puking it back up for bottom feeding /tv and /pol to lap up

>Armond White thread
>Posts picture of Armond Black

Nice job, kid.

lurk more

>The red scare paranoia of the 50's was terrifying for libs AND reps in Hollywood.
>republicans
>hollywood
What a laugh. History has already vilified McCarthy's actions as the vast majority of the accused were Communists

The fact that kids like you are taught in history that McCarthyism was wrong is just proof that we lost our institutions to the communists and that McCarthy was correct in his actions. The only good Commie is a dead one

He's absolutely correct on all counts

I lived through the Red Scare young man

Armond White is actually never wrong in any of his reviews, because there is always a good chunk of truth in his contrarianist web of words and diction.

Well you are pretty stupid for being so old yet so uninformed

Wall-E, Social Network, Bourne Ultimatum, There Will be Blood.

dude wat

no he isn't, it seems like he fails to understand half of the movies he's reviewing
how the living fuck do you watch The Social Network and think it glorified Zuckerberg?

>2. The Joker is not a character meant to be emulated.

Tell me who of that movie's characters inspired the most people dressing up like him and quote him in dialogue? Helped that he died after filming wrapped and so was automatically given memetic status.

he's offering a counterpoint. or is that not allowed for some reason?

thinking this guy is cool is reddit as fuck

the same way "anti-war" movies still end up glorifying that which they claim to despise

Holy hell please tell me she does fuck movies.

God dammit WHO????

That's your son.

"Her" tumblr is literally on the image you blind retard

>she

What the fuck man this is a perfect Photoshop

>non white
>muh liberals
No wonder neo Sup Forums loves him.

Thanks for spoon feeding me buddy. You're really helpful!

Um no sweety almond is correct sit down

my penis is very sexual.

>is black
>"muh white culture"
Why?

Armond and Tarantino are two sides of the same coin.
One is an afro-american who tries to impress white people "hey, I'm not like the other ones" by hardly criticising films heavy on social commentary and, technically, about minorities, to the point of displaying absolute distate for not only the movie, but the people involved. Supports Republicans. Doesn't like rap or hip hop, but praises Kendrick Lamar. He's like the lobotomized black dudes in Get Out. Hell, his surname is White, it's like a prophecy. Not to mention most of his fanbase comes from here. Surprisingly, he hates Spike Lee.
The other is a caucasian man born in the South, who has a weird appreciation for afro-americans. Supports Democrats. Makes fun of rednecks, made Sam Jackson popular as ever, made a film were a group of Jews literally kill Hitler in living color, made a movie where a free slave is basically a superhero, participate on BLM rallies and makes sure everyone knows he likes rap music, being friends with Kendrick Lamar. Not only was his foot fetish exposed in the Tyra Banks Show (for an entire audience of laughing women) but he also said doing so "it's a black male thing". He's like the creepy white dudes from Get Out. Probably calls his black friends the N-word, but no one corrects him over pity. Surprisingly, he hates Spike Lee.
One criticises movies. The other makes them. It's like a wife-husband relationship. One asks "what did you think of the sex", the other answers with an opinion.
They are the total opposite of each other, but have more in common than they think. I'm sure both would make a perfect couple.

>He thinks its just Sup Forums

Welcome to the neo world, place your teeth directly on the curb.

National Geographic Determined What White Men Will Look Like in 2050, and It's Beautiful

Critics give their opinions. His are more entertaining than most and I dare say more honest.

Fun fact: bottom image is from 2003, but pushing fake narratives is okay when magapades are doing it.

My, how daring.

Hey Nacho, do you mind explaining why you're shilling for a Zionist puppet president?

>and I dare say more honest.
tip

Collab when?

You need a very high IQ

A goddess

Dude sounds like a goddamn retard who loves blowing smoke and skittles up his own asshole.

umm no sweetie:
courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-hillary-clinton-brookfield-book-tour-20170915-story.html

2) Did he miss the point of the movies?
4) Agree
5) I hate hate but it's not nihilistic
11)Agree
12)agree
13)agree
15) Jewish propoganda. agree
17) Shit opinion. Yes it's anti-christain and was base don a book written by a commie but it's still very kino
20) Agree. Shit movie. Fuck Speilberg

>it destroyed art because I disagree with it
this guy is insufferable

>courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-hillary-clinton-brookfield-book-tour-20170915-story.html
Yeah that image isn't to be found anywhere in this article. On the shelf behind Hillary is her 2003 book, not the 2017 one. Took me five seconds to google it. Magapede shills sure are getting desperate.

>Putting that crap in a Batman movie panders to the naiveté of those who have not outgrown the moral simplifications of old comics but relish cynicism as smartness.

Armond seems pretty legit to me.

>glorified technocrat Mark Zuckerberg
stopped reading here

She still did a book signing at Costco, but this time they didn't allow cameras
The narrative remains the same

Can we now always pretend he is white?

>but relish cynicism as smartness.
Armond inadvertently described himself.

The narrative being: Shitlery is both an irrelevant loser but also the puppet master illuminati who literally murdered like 50 people and controls Hollywood. Right?

He's fucking right.
These movies did a lot of damage and shaped people's tastes for the worst.

Armond just can't stop BTFOing plebs

Truly master of trolls.

I

>I directly compared two pictures
>but one picture is kind of fake and to be interpreted ""symbolically""
lol

Lmao dude their just movies lol like don't think so hard about it

T.soyboy

But I was right. I said the image was fake and it was. Meanwhile you moved the goalpost like the pathetic little jewbitch you are.

youtu.be/JrO5e8-solQ

You said it was pushing a false narrative, retard
My argument was that the narrative was still correct despite the picture being from a previous signing

>Surprisingly, he hates Spike Lee

Who doesn't hate Spike Lee?

I don't think that's Armond at all, from the reviews I've read he seems to like movies that have some sense of joy for life in them or otherwise lack the selfaware pessimism present in everything now.

What part of Wall-E was pessimistic? The whole point of the movie is how even in a state of seemingly irreversible destruction, you can recover.

It pushes the narrative that the image is from the same time as Trump sitting in the WH. Does your interpretation of the image differ? Let's hear it.
>the narrative is still correct
it' so correct you have to post misleading images to support it. kek