Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Just watched it.
Its was not a bad movie overall but probably flawed beyond repair by the two main actors who apparently...can't act (this is not even a news these days but the trend is honestly worrying). Probably movies can stand a bad actor at time, even if it's a main (or a villan) but two at once...its probably too much. Also, until the action is with CGI creatures or jumping and shoting around its somewhat bearable, but the moment DeHaan & Delevigne interact with someone who, you know, is able to deliver an acting performance like Clive Owen...it's truly embarassing. Christ, even Rihanna had a better performance than those two. The two main are not that great characters either (cocky, childish, ego off the chart, just to mention some) they should have cast truly amazing actors to manage to create an empathy with the audience.
Not sure if a 3/5 because everything else aside these two fucks or 2/5 the dumpster fire edition.
Feels like a wasted opportunity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jzw2dAeo2V8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Valerian
>naming your movie after a medicinal root that can put you to sleep
Genius.

youtu.be/Jzw2dAeo2V8

SPAMBOT SLIDE THREADS
Do you get paid for this shit?

>1/16th

She cant even enter Elf District with these numbers...

>Both Valerian and Laureline get good amounts of screentime
>Only Valerian in the title
I know Valerian and Laureline isn't as catchy or "cool" sounding for the kids these days but it really triggers my autism.

The fuck you want I just finished watching the movie.
At least I posted a review of it instead a dumb "well still better than Soy Wars".
Of course everything is better than diharrea, great argument srsly.

I kind of agree with you, the two leads couldn't carry a stick if it were up to them. Then again, in a weird way, I found this "amateur" approach they had going on endearing. In my headcanon, I viewed them as siblings. So many points alluded to it so it wasn't that far fetched. The "amateurish" approach lent credence to this view of mine.

as a non english speaker, i thought the movie was GREAT. That's how i know the english acting must be terrible

you can try it by yourself: watch it dubbed to french, with english subtitles

I watched it in Italian, actually. I think the dubbers saved the "performance" a bit...in english it must be terrifying.

Yada yada yada cara

Same, watched the first half in spic and was actually good

In fact, i think the pace (and the film itself) is ruined because of that underwater scene and the side quest of saving Laureline, they could've removed that and the movie would've been miles better

The poster is indistinguishable from a star wars poster.

Or have there just been so many star wars threads lately that now everything looks like star wars

the universe was more star wars than star wars

why the fuck do they always need to spam multiple threads in a row?

The team of Disney Wars writers are so obsessed with leftist diversity they forgot these movies are set in a galaxy with thousand of races...
So in the end these movies feels small and lacking in (actual) diversity.

pretty sure they were more focussed on getting two people that looked like each other than giving a convincing performance. cara delevingne is a big name for normies to watch

Monster design was so much better than in Nu-Wars

That was the oddest thing of all. They shelled out a lot of money for the effects and the background story and the way it was presented was good.

...Then they hired two leads who could not act and ruined the whole thing.

Great potential but Luc Besson is a shit writer, the movie starts out somewhat interesting, the multi dimensional chase scene was fun and creative then when they get in ''Alpha the coty of a thousand planets'' (introduced by random exposition) it gets so boring.
I kinda get the part where Laureline tries to find Valerian but it could have been removed (Alain Chabat's cameo was worth it tho)

The real killer is when Laureline saves Valerian she immediatly gets captured and Valerian is sent in yet another rescue mission where he meets Rihanna which was surprisingly not awful and then he saves Laureline, Rihanna dies and the film resumes like nothing ever happened. It litteraly was a sidequest (worse than Canto Bight in SW8).

tl;dr movie starts out fun and promising but ends up boring as fuck with the ending being anticlimatic as fuck.

>make a 10/10 intro sequence to hook your audience
>introduce your two make characters and the movie suddenly drops to 6/10

Shame, it was visually stunning as well.

Those two dicks were the reason I only watched 20 of the movie. We've seen bickering couples before, but these were fucking KIDS for god's sake. And the dude was some kind of sex machine? at 15?

Both the leads look like they're 15.

This movie was 10 X better than The Last Shitlord

Jackpot

She's so gorgeous