Guilty Pleasures

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TWYQibV3Fi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not that it's a bad show, I just happen to not really care about the main plot at all. I'm just here for the shipping. Show could've just stayed on Earth, and I would've been just as happy.

I just dont see what everyone hates about it desu. Most of the issues people have are either wrong or always in the show from the beginning

Forgive me padre for I have sinned.
Brickleberry.

What's it like to be into a show only for the shipping?
It is a strange concept to me.

>I'm just here for the shipping
It's a well-liked show, and that's kind of what the fans are known for anyway, at least here.

I think the main complaints are that many of the jokes barely qualify as humor and the characters are extremely unlikable. Which is an opinion I happen to agree with, but things like "likability" and "how funny something is" can be argued to be subjective, so saying that critics are wrong isn't technically incorrect, I guess.

Pic related for me.

posting on Sup Forums

If Sup Forums was being honest with themselves, you'd find that most people here have MacFarlane's stuff as their guilty pleasure.

What's that like?
Haven't seen any of it myself. One poster here described it like "if you took Family Guy and removed everything about it that was redeemable."

Probably the most "tolerable" McFarlane ripoff cartoon. Pretty okay background noise, sometimes makes you smile.

Same, my dude.

Gratuitous levels of Jashifagging.

get off Sup Forums billy

What constitutes gratuitous?
It's been like, a week since the ship sailed.
Did you start a good portion of the 20 or so Jashi threads since then?
I love the ship, but haven't made any threads of it.

Modern Spongebob

I'm ashamed of myself

but fuck, I like Mephisto

Eh, I don't like the later seasons as much but they're not that bad. Overall they're just mediocre, not mindbendingly bad like many people treat it.

I don't start threads, but I make a ton of greentexts and photoshops. I guess it's the amount, I need to cut back.

It's really not that bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=TWYQibV3Fi0

Oh no, there's certainly subjective things I totally get, but things like continuity problems being new or the new girl being a mary sue are just factually incorrect, that girl timmy liked this season is a mary sue, this one is just a goody two shoes

Also, Ruby Gloom is fucking great man

This isnt bad at all either.

*girl he liked last season

>loli
well damn

it was a lie!
there are no lolis
those frenchies just named the show poorly

wait no, there is a loli in the show, in the background of some episodes, you see a little loli sailor moon girl running around as an easter egg

Oh Jesus, I'm fucking stupid.

Since your comment linked to OP, I thought your comment was in response to OP posting Family Guy while your own personal guilty pleasure being FOP was unrelated to the comment. My bad.

Sorry, Sup Forums

Yes, I'm a degenerate.

So are you saying that you get off to this show?

I feel like this show wouldve been a modicum better if it was 2d animated. those title cards were great.

Any that you're particularly proud of?

Oh, well then no, that show is just shit. I only watched modern Family Guy to discuss it during the AV Club review with others, ever since they dropped it ive tuned in much less

The hat and the show

I think the problem is that it went from a very strong show with plenty of great episodes to an overall mediocre show with some really bad episodes.

RWBY.

Used to find it super cringey. Then I got into the soundtrack. Gradually, I learned to tolerate the show for Monty's fight choreography, and then I started to enjoy some of the characters. It was kind of a process.

I mentioned it was a guilty pleasure to my sister, who checked it out and also found it super cringey. Then, one day, she told me she became a fan. She got into the soundtrack, then she checked out some of the fights, and then the characters, etc.

It's weird. Anyone else go through a similar process?

The writing has its problems, but I think we were able to tolerate it more because the guys doing it are roughly our age and we can see bits and pieces of ideas very similar to ours kind of slip through.

Its ok user, you dont have to lie to us

The eyes and the desolate backgrounds showing the horizon were the worst part of this show for me.

I wish John would do this kind of thing more often.
Hopefully, he won't go "fuck it, Family Guy has no good modern episodes" and review American Dad or something for his 75th Admirable.

I watched the first few seaons mainly for the music and action sequences, despite the obvious character cliches and awkward dialogue.

But I genuinely started getting into things in the third season, when the antagonists finally made a move and the heroes started dealing with actual consequences. It's not perfect, but now I find it charming.

The new Ben 10

It might be the worst rebooted series yet, and yet I still find myself catching every episode.

I didn't think people like you survived natural selection

Steven Universe. I seem to hate every episode yet somehow I like the show overall.

Oh god I thought I was the only one. I feel better about myself now.

I think the main reason is the humor is mean. They have their jokes but they were made to hurt.

Example, the Tinder joke should have started that a dating app is just used for hook ups, instead they took it to wherr users were drug using std filled addicts.

Which is just mean.

Look at Drawn Together where they make std drug using jokes, but the difference is they make it lite and about that character only, not everyone watching.

Agreed.

At least we still got The Mightt B!.

Seasons 1-4 had funny jokes, season 5 had some funny jokes, every season after 5 relied on 1 of the 3 same things in EVERY EPISODE to try to make a joke. Pay attention, every single episode post season 5 has one or more of the following:

>gratuitous violence
>drugs
>a song and dance routine

Peppa Pig is one of my favorite shows.

Me too, fellow lost soul.

I'm the guy who wrire what Jack and Ashi's lives would be like if they lived in Burlington VT. And some other stuff. I like thinking about comfy things I guess.

Lmao I love that show. The characters are surprisingly self aware

My opinion on Family Guy

1ACX: Good, but Peter and Lois were far too much like Homer and Marge. Stewie was also basically just a joke character.
2ACX-3ACX: Great fun. The characters are now more their own thing. Stewie actually has a personality now.
4ACX-5ACX: Not as good as above, but still plenty of good episodes, and at worst, was merely boring.
6ACX-7ACX: Still some good episodes, but also where outright awful episodes became a common thing.
8ACX+: Awful episodes for most of it. Good episodes do exist, but they're very few and far between.

Surprised Winslow hasn't appeared yet.

Been watching Arthur since day one.

More like just Guilty

>ACX
Is this some faggot way of saying season?

I keep telling myself I'm more intrigued by the story of its developement and how poorly it's handled, but the sad truth is that I just enjoy their sheningans.

I fucking hate Steven Universe but I can't stop watching it

I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure or not

I wish to cum inside Meg

They're production codes. 20th century Fox for whatever reason likes to give shows 3 letter codes.

Simpsons is ABF (used to just be F, with a couple of G runs)
King of the Hill was ABE (Used to just be E)
Futurama was ACV
Family Guy is ACX
American Dad is AJN

I'm not an avid Family Guy viewer, but regarding the jokes, it seems to be that not only are they needlessly mean, but they don't even really qualify as jokes.

There's a way to do black comedy/mean-spirited humor--Classic Simpsons did it well with Homer's suffering, and Classic PPG also did it well with how needlessly violent the girls were in some situations that clearly didn't call for it. But it worked in a way that you weren't overly shocked and it was arguably pretty funny.

With Family Guy sometimes it's like they just get off on animating cruelty that doesn't have a punchline.

It's a fun ride. Especially with the shift in character development from Season 1 to 2.

Can't help it. Bob the Builder was the shit, and now the machines are dinosaurs? Damn straight I like it.

>I'm just here for the shipping.

Why/How do people do this? Do you just ignore everything that ain't related to the ship of your preference?

It's one of those things I can't talk about in public.

Arthur is top notch television.

I loved Breadwinners, fight me

bump