Will Doomsday Clock Kill Marvel Legacy?

So Doomsday Clock is coming in November 2017. Marvel Legacy is also coming around the same time in "Fall 2017." SE is basically getting BTFO by even basic Superman issues and nobody's happy with anything they've heard about Legacy. Are we going to witness Marvel's greatest crash this fall? Will this finally push them to make actual personnel and creative differences in order to appease the fans instead of giving us completely halfhearted measures? As a lapsed Marvel reader, I hope Marvel gets crushed so I can get old Marvel back.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/report-legacy-creative-line-up-will-be-very-familiar-to-marvel-readers/
blastr.com/2017-5-13/dc-comics-geoff-johns-doomsday-clock-interview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Legacy is old marvel coming back.

>Will Doomsday Clock Kill Marvel Legacy
Marvel Legacy will kill Marvel Legacy.

What I don't get is how can DC "kill" Marvel or vice versa. The worst I can think of is Marvel crashing the market, but that's more suicide bombing than anything. How does one comic book company "kill" its competition?

other way around Legacy is going to kill DC Doomsday Clock is just going to make it even worse

Mouseketeer

>Marvel Legacy will kill Marvel Legacy.
Came here to say this

Sales will go up. The originals come back and less diverstyz.

Stop this denial. It's not healthy.

I think Marvel has trapped itself. It trained their fans to see certain characters as more important as others, and then shrunk their universe down to those names and supporting casts. Hell, look at the GOTG now. They just mimicked the movie so much that they don't know how to plan for new members to enter the team.

Would anyone care if the originals come back? It's like the Poochie episode of Simpsons. Everyone hates the new character, but when they go back to the old formula, everyone is bored of it.

>Old marvel coming back
>Still the same writers and editors
user, I'm a Marvel fan who still buys a few Marvel titles and even I have no hope for Marvel Legacy.

comicsbeat.com/report-legacy-creative-line-up-will-be-very-familiar-to-marvel-readers/
>So The Beat has never been one to float Reddit rumours, but a post today runs down what seems to be known of the creative lineup for the Legacy relaunch in the fall and from what this says, it’s definitely a relaunch and not a wholesale “Reboot” in the “New 52” manner. Basically, according to this, Bendis, Soule, Spencer and Slott have all indicated they’ll be staying on their beats. Which could be…problematic for some fans who are demanding wholesale change.
>I haven’t had a chance to look at all these links or listen to the podcasts ,s so I’m throwing this up with a grain of salt and to start some discussion. Also, what people say on social media in the spring could very well be a diversion for what’s happening in the Fall.
>At the very least, keeping the controversial and unrepentant Nick Spencer on Captain America is going to require the greatest rebranding of all times.
>The alleged lineup: Iron Man, Miles Morales:Brian Michael Bendis. Daredevil:Charles Soule. Captain America: Nick Spencer. Amazing Spider-Man: Dan Slott.Thor: Jason Aaron. Deadpool:Gerry Duggan.

Because thats why theyre buying the comics? The never ending ongoing adventures.

Retard.

>Legacy is old marvel coming back.

>The shitty new characters will still have a primary focus.

>Flagship title will be Generations.

>No one has been fired.

>Same creative teams on the same books.

>Editorial is the same.

>Slott, Bendis, and Quesada all still work there.

Can someone explain to me what exactly is changing?

Theyre the old guard. Sounds like you don't know what you what.

Old characters, old numbering, old style boxes. Old costumes.

Only a tiny minoritiy whines about those creative teams.

Quesada isn't invovled in editorial. He basically has the same job of Johns as COO except he sucks at it.

>Only a tiny minoritiy whines about those creative teams.

That's some denial

I sure as hell don't want Dan Slott still on Spider-Man.

>The originals come back and less diverstyz.
But all the originals are still around except for Stark, Banner and the F4. And those guys will have been gone for less than a year in the case of the first two and a little over a year in the case of the third. It's not like Wally West and older Superman, who have been gone for 5+ years. Additionally, Marvel's already said that all the diversity characters would remain.

Are they bringing back the Fantastic Four? Classic Wolverine? Cyclops and not being treated as a villain?

Then it's still the same shit, different smell. Half assed bullshit.

>"DC"
>Doomsday Clock

Holy shit, I just realized.

Okay, so since the shitty new characters are still going to have a center focus, all interactions will basically come down to.

>WOW! YOU'RE SO COOL! And young, you related to *minority* which is important! You're a lot better than me too!

Also bull fucking shit people don't care about that.

They are not the old guard. They are far from the old guard. They are the only guard.

I like how Carol's hair looks

FF may come back. The other two not so much.

That's how Generations is going to be.

Not central focus retard. Stop trying mental gymnastics to just whine>

they are. Stop expecting teams from decades ago.

All coming back. You want the same old thing. Reversions are the same old thing

Ask Disney.

CRASHING THIS MARKET
WITH NO MARVEL SURVIVORS

> Same artists
> Same writers
>Same editors

What's different?

I love Marvel to death. They get a lot wrong these days, but they got me into comics. I love Secret Empire, but most of Marvel is shite right now. Until everyone at marvel is fired and we get good editors, writers, and artists it's the same old shit in a new shiny coat of paint.

>Not central focus retard

They came out and said that they would be. They also said Generations would be the flagship title, which stars the new characters getting hand jobs from the old ones.

Wolverine ain't coming back you lying cockgobbler.

Generations is literally just Laura getting zapped to the past and meeting original bub.

The only new Wolverine is Jimmy Hudson (Wolverine's son from the Ultimate universe)

Don't pull that lying shit.

Sup Forumsnon stopping by after reading the news of Black Power Cat being cancelled

How do you guys enjoy Western comics? I'm serious. They're dominated by one genre only (superheroes), and over the last decade the output has been pure garbage.

At least in manga, you have shounen and seinen covering everything (action, gambling, drama, romance, sports, mecha, fantasy). And the quality is higher in my opinion, a mainstream series like One Piece has maintained good quality for over 20 *years*.

I seriously don't understand the appeal of Western comics.

>I love Secret Empire
Nazi pls

HAIL HYDRA

Manga is just a much bigger industry with more diversity of genres and authors and their beliefs.

Which is funny because Marvel writers pride themselves on "diversity" but they all think exactly the same.

>Sup Forums is too stupid to know about non-cape Western comics
You have to go back.

FF coming back or Miracleman is joining the main universe

There's plenty of non-superhero comics though. Only America gives a shit about superheroes.

>your industry is so saturated with endless superhero garbage that "non-cape" is an actual term

Lmfao it's worse than I thought

>your industry is so saturated with endless loli garbage that "non-loli" is an actual term

>They're dominated by one genre only (superheroes)

Only in the big two. And even then, Marvel and DC put out non cape books every now and then.

> and over the last decade the output has been pure garbage.

Only for Marvel with a few exceptions.

FF will come back because of MCU synergy, but Marvel will pretend it's to satisfy the older fans.

What the hell happened to Marvel?

>MCU synergy
Did I miss something?

user ...... Manga is in its Pointless Continuations and useless sequals/remakes stage or the interesting ones get too popular and they gotta change cause of Eidtor or The Money gets too their Head I.E AoT turns into the Village with Nazis vs Jews or Tokyo Ghoul turning Into an Edgy Shoujo (fuck the forced Touken)

DC puts out non-capes regularly and has imprints for variety. Marvel is basically entirely the mainline cape universe. Which is kind of insane when you consider they publish more titles than DC.

The 90s.

People will get tired of Johns BS sooner or later
Marvel is hitting that point with Bendis and they are reaping what they sew

Johns is up for a big backlash any time now

Marvel made a deal with Fox.

Fox got X-Men tv rights and Marvel can use FF characters, it's why the Watchers were in Guardians.

>Tokyo Ghoul
Good Lord. Fuck the uninspired hack that writes this shit.

does he have to do anything
marvel's basically tied into disney now and they basically control what ips get put out

Mcu has the watchers so People think they have the FF back. Theirs also been an increase in FF related Mentions I.E the Fantastic Car appears in Secret Empire, Ben Grim mentioning Reed and Sue to Doom in Infamous Ironman right before the maker shows himself to Ben

Civil War creating an event craze and the MCU making them crave the casuals attention.

Poor FF can't catch a break, huh?

Who calls the real shots in here?

Are not the current writers the owners of Marvel ??

How can they fire themselves and hire new writters without looking bad?

>Marvel is basically entirely the mainline cape universe.

This is factually incorrect.

>Max Ride
>Enchanted Tiki Hut
>Haunted Mansion
>Thunder Mountain
>All the Star Wars book.

Pretty sure Disney's hand are in the movies. The tv shows/cartoons/games should be under his purview, but Loeb and Perlmutter have their hands in the shows. So cartoons and games are probably things he has most control of (which squares with Wacker transferring to animation).

It was good until the end of the Rose Arc then it Shit itself Eto's still Best character

Unironically, only one factor matters:

ARE THE BIG FAT TITS RETURNING YET ?????

Who else agree

>prolapsed
Fixed.

I can't even bring myself to care about how hard Marvel is going to fail anymore.
I grew tired of reading their comics because everything that interests me always died and got replaced with complete bullshit.
And at this point I'm also pretty much over wanting to see this train wreck burn. It's just taking too long and with the constant denial they keep up, it's about as interesting to follow as watching grass grow.
Their comics, their press releases, even the whole negative articles against them.
I'm just in complete apathy towards Marvel comics right now.

>forced touken

Sure is tumblr in here.....

Those Disney comics ended last year or the year before. So I guess, yeah, Marvel is only publishing mainline cape Marvel and Star Wars.

Wait, what happened with Attack on Titan?
All I know from that one is how all the chicks have nice asses and occasionally good tits.

it was forced touka Barley appeared in early TGRe and when she did she was just some random bitch that owned a coffee shop. She shoulda died in chapter 71 when it was the rabbit family vs Arima

it turned into WW2 but with Titians

As a former Sup Forumsfag that has basically completely switched to western comics (and mostly DC cape comics) you could no be more wrong.

90% of of current anime/manga is complete and total trash. Miyazaki was right.

What even is doomsday clock? Is it the button part 2?

>Doomsday Clock
They really just don't know how to fucking stop it with these events do they...

blastr.com/2017-5-13/dc-comics-geoff-johns-doomsday-clock-interview

Let's go by the status quo we've had.

>DC movies suck
>MCU kicks their ass
>DC comics are great
>Marvel comics are hot garbage
>Thor Ragnarok will compete with JL and beat it
>Doomsday Clock will shit on Legacy

Metal will have already killed it by the time Doomsday Clock comes out.

Geoff literally stated this in the interview man.

I'm pretty much done with Marvel. The only think that I can imagine bringing me back would be the glorious return of Rightclops done by someone who isn't Brian Micheal Fuckdis.

Can you sum it up in 20 words or less?

What would be the Marvel equivalent of raping Watchmen like this?

Crossover between DCU&Watchmen. Manhattan wants to see if he can make Superman fall.

ITS EARNED U NINGEN TRASH

Marvel have no comics that truly matter that they haven't already ruined themselves. There's still quality like Miracleman but it doesn't resonate in the same way.

Marvel Heroes v Star Wars ?

>Metal will have already killed it by the time Doomsday Clock comes out.

It's an interesting contrast between Metal and Marvel's SE, which Metal will compete with. Secret Empire:

>DUDE TRUMP LMAO
>DUDE WHITE NAZIS LMAO
>Dozens of tie-ins with their own tie-ins
>Hope you like Inhumans lololol
>Minority characters saving the day from evil white man
>All around miserable vibe present throughout all the books

DC Metal:

>DUDE ROCK N'ROLL LMAO
>JL fighting in arena while wearing personalized gladiator armor
>Exploration of the multiverse to bring about new concepts and characters
>It's an adventure not an apocalypse referencing modern politics.

Ah more Watchmen stuff, sounds neat but I can't say that I'm all that hyped, I never really liked watchmen and I don't see the benifit of adding them into the DCU.

You won't get old Marvel back, you'll get even more new Marvel.

On a side note I find the controversy over Secret Empire and Nazism odd since the Market in AoT are more of a Nazi analogy than Hydra.

Market = Marley

theres two reasons for that
>Sjws don't watch anime and haven't heard about it and the ones that have are too in their own little shipping world of Yimir and Historia that they don't care
> People Love Captain America so him being hydra mindfucks them

>Yimir and Historia
You are a retard, aren't ya?

>except for Stark
AI Tony is around. He's literally just Tony but opaque and blue.

user...... ok insert whatever Gay relationship instead

Marvel is dead.
They will never recover because they will hire meme writers and not talented ones.
Image will take their place as #2 of the big 2 in the next 5 years.

That's because they are not going to be present, just Dr. Blue Dong

Has anyone at Marvel commented yet on how Legacy is totally not Rebirth?

More of a DCfag myself, but since the cancellation of Nova Captain Hydra is basically the only thing good coming out of Marvel right now.

Why are you here? Like, I honestly want to know why you left Sup Forums to come and shit post about a genre you don't care about?

Do you go on /lit/ and talk about how much better "Big Titties with Big Swords and Mech Suits" (or whatever post-nuked-people garbage you read is called) is than Moby Dick or Blood Meridian?

I'm cautiously excited for Venomverse.

They wouldn't have done these changes if people cared about the original characters when they did have their ongoings. Hulk barely sold ever.

It will kill Legacy. After Marvel will wonder what it needs to do. The thing they will take away is DC brought Watchmen into the fold and decide to do they same but bigger. They will make Star Wars part of the Marvel setting. Of course after the big attention and buzz, they'll fuck up and focus on the new movie characters them being women and minorities and continue writing the same and fail again.