Heistkino

Please recommend me some heistkino.
No babby dogshit like oceans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQNBg6I29gI
hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-sizemore-was-removed-movie-set-allegedly-violating-11-year-old-girl-1057629
youtube.com/watch?v=e8CMPB03-pw
youtube.com/watch?v=p4Z96WwZrL0
youtube.com/watch?v=YdxIOxg-8_8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Melville
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The best heist movie I've seen is Heist (2001) with blessed Gene Hackman

Inside Man my lad

The Art of the Steal
worth it for Kurt alone

Digits confirm

Out of Sight
The Score

Look at who did the music as well. Not filling my mind with that garbage.

Elliot Goldenthal it says
Watching that movie is more poisonous to your body than eating McDonalds.

Inside Man

the friends of eddie coyle
thief

the very best:

The Taking of Pelham 123
Rififi
The Red Circle
The Killing
Sexy Beast
Dog Day Afternoon

The Oceans movies (esp Oceans 11) are great you nigger

Pic related is fucking great

they're gay

The first oceans remake is actually pretty good. Oceans 12 and 13 however are fucking horrible.

If nobody says Tower Heist they're plebs

nah 12 is horrible, but 13 is pretty good

Honestly if the only heist movie you ever watch is Heat, it covers the genre pretty fucking well.

If this scene doesn't move you, you don't have a pulse.
youtube.com/watch?v=QQNBg6I29gI

I would've liked Sexy Beast more if the entire film was about trying to get him to take the job. The third act feels like a weird coda.

Based, keep up the good work

I disagree. I think it's a great self contained heist segment but also a good payoff to the rest of the films' tension. You start to the think the movie's never going to leave that house then suddenly the main character is displaced and completely vulnerable. There's no way to tell how things are going to work out. I liked it.

Only part I don't like is when his boss goes to kill the vault's owner.

>The Score (de niro)
>thudnderbolt and lightfoot (eastwood)
>the hot rock (redford)
>the sting (redford)
>kelly's heroes (eastwood)

SHE GOT A
BGREAT ASS

the score

>The Score (de niro)
This is a very bad movie.

its kinda fun has old man fatty godfather in it as well

All of the 3 in pic related.

I was surprised how good this was

its based on a real story

thief

Me too, I wasn't expecting much but got served a dish of hot kino

>a pedophile
>a rapist
>a rape victim
>trump supporter
>coke addict
>Henry Rollins

that's a very problematic movie OP

this is all news to me?

how?
tom sizemore, jeremy piven, ashley judd, jon voight, al pacino, were all in the news recently.

you're going to have to explain those accusations
what's wrong with Henry Rollins playing a body guard?

Just rewatch HEAT, why bother with any other film?

Henry Rollins is not a Trump supporter, but everything else is correct.

>Tom Sizemore a pedo
gonna need a link to that.
>Ashley Judd
eh she may be a screeching harpy feminist but she really only got into that when she stopped getting roles. She was fine in the early 90's.
>Al Pacino
Well, that one yeah, but that's okay because he makes good use of his experience. Lt Hanna was intentionally acted out as a coke addict. Not to mention he's motherfucking Tony Montana.

I already did never said henry rollins is a trump supporter (that's jon voight), it's that the movie simply has henry rollins
hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-sizemore-was-removed-movie-set-allegedly-violating-11-year-old-girl-1057629

I'm going to order 5 more copies right now.

I was implying that all of your allegations were about Rollins.

I actually found this film a bit overrated, it played a bit like The Fugitive but in LA and I thought it lacked tension.
But then again my favourite heist movie is probably Reservoir Dogs.

>my favorite heist movie doesn't even have a heist in it
hey everyone look at how intelligent this guy is for liking a Tarentino

Where the fuck is Michael Mann? I don't think I've seen anything from him since Miami Vice.

Blackhat, public enemies and that cancelled horse racing hbo show with dustin hoffman where like 10 horses died

Dont blame you for not knowing either both movies were shit 2bh

The sound makes this scene.

>implying liberals dont use cocaine like plants use water
LEL

well that's because it's all real, I mean they were shooting blanks but they didn't overdub gunfire sound effects in a studio they just let the real sound of the firearms carry the scene. No music except before the shooting starts and at the last climactic shot too. The way the reports echo off the buildings is especially noticeable vs most firefight scenes where they dub over everything in a studio.

It makes a noticeable difference. I know fuck all about movie production but I wish more did that, it's a lot more visceral.

If you really want some heisting, how about video games?
youtube.com/watch?v=e8CMPB03-pw

The BrRip looks strange, like the color palette is different from the original or something. I recall my DVD copy looking better.

I've played hundreds of hours of payday 2. and yeah, heist kino is what made me want to play it. It's a lot of fun if you have friends to play it with.

Charley varrick
The Asphalt Jungle

>It's a lot of fun if you have friends to play it with.
1801 hours in, forever alone and it's still a lot of fun with pubs. Also the music is amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=p4Z96WwZrL0

the game really wears its influences on its sleeve. If you go loud in the lobby of the first world bank one of your heisters will give a variant of Neil McCauley's speech from Heat. I think Jiro does it in Japanese.

It's way more fun with actual friends on voice though, you roleplay the shit out of it.

>one of your heisters will give a variant of Neil McCauley's speech from Heat.
Only bots, and yes Jiro talks english only in safehouse.

>that story about Sizemore
man.. that's pretty fucked up. Why didn't it go to court? Why the fuck would he do that on set while being filmed?

it doesn't mean I wouldn't like his past performances,, but.. it is fucked up.

Why do the gunshots in this movie stand out so much? I've always loved it.

Take the Money and Run
Straight Time
Victoria
Good Time
Logan Lucky
Thief
The Asphalt Jungle
Rififi
Charley Varrick
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
Three Kings

Anyone a fan of The Parker novels?

Posting superior poster.

>The Art of the Steal
fun movie, i like it

good movie

From new movies The town is most kino. Inside man was okay. Most other ones are kinda trash

how the fuck is le samourai a heist movie
is it because he stole a car in the beginning of the movie?

It's the sound recorded during the take, not added after.

Cause when they recorded it they thought the sound of the blanks echoing off all the buildings sounded way more awesome than what they tried to add later, as they normally would.

I can't get over how they removed Breeden's death scream from the remastered version. Its so jarring to watch that scene without it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YdxIOxg-8_8

its not a heist movie if casing, assembeling a team, planning a heist and completing the heist isn't at least 75% of the movie.
Oceans series are actually good, fun heist movies.

Simple. No editing or sound added in post production, just guns firing blanks with the correct amount of powder rather than the lower charges usually used. So all the sound is real. They were planning to add in gunfire sounds in post production but when they tried it just didn't sound real enough so they went with the on set sound.

The definitive answer coming through

speaking of nutting.
>Val Kilmer's combat reload under fire.
Operator as fuck

Might be the dumbest critique I've read on Sup Forums.

that's awesome, thanks

Melville directed almost only heist kino and you had to pick one that wasnt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Melville
Heat stole everything from Le deuxième souffle

well, micheal mann did say melville was his influence so that explain a lot

Pleb tier trash

>Oceans Eleven spinoff currently in production with an all-female cast

I know I'm alone in thinking HEAT is garbage. The performances of De niro and Pacino are terrible. but opinions are like assholes...

>Please recommend me some heistkino.

the hot rock (1972) is a fun movie that even features a helicopter shot of the WTC under construction.

funny how the shitty The Town only got one recommend itt. I remember how everyone was jumping on the movies dick when it came out like it was the new Heat. movie sucked ass imo.

More like feminist femwashed ripoff

you know, as long as the heist plan is good enough witch character who actually fit into the plan, i don't really care

if they just hire a bunch of pretty faces and all they do is talking and walking around they can fuck off, if they are commit to have each perform a certain task in the movie with the heist im ok with it

also it better be a new plan, not just the old script with new actor. and silver fox thief should be in it. and there better be a betrayal at the end, just as expect from women

Heatkino

What sort of proto-numale was Henry Rollins supposed to impress and win over?

how did I never see this one. Thanks user

I agree their acting in this movie is far from their peak but the photography is fantastic and the main character of the movie is the city of Los Angeles anyway.

It's not your opinion per se, it's the fact that you compared it to The Fugitive, which makes absolutely no sense.

he also said reservoir dog is a fucking heist movie, like what the fuck

Three anons with supremely good taste. Thief is pure kino, I prefer it to Heat. Not really heist, but also check out Mann's Manhunter film, the first and best attempt at adapting Red Dragon.

Thief
Manhunter
Heat

Name a better trilogy

Yeah your not wrong Thief is probably manns best fim. Dunno bout manhunter though i think some of it has aged badly

Thief. Heat. Collateral

Based retarded opinion poster

why dont they always do that. Sounds both easier and more ffective

I still stand by my opinion. I nearly nominated Black Dog because of Patrick Swayze but I forgot that the heist movie was Point Break.

Logan Lucky