Is anybody going to make Samurai Jack Season 5 cut edition? I think we can improve this season a lot...

Is anybody going to make Samurai Jack Season 5 cut edition? I think we can improve this season a lot, if we remove unnecessary parts and work on pacing. Of course we can't remove disappointing stuff like Jack going back to his old self so quickly, but we can do something to make it less painful.

I think anyone can agree that season could have been much better if it was more focused, episodes 1-3 and the most recent one prove it.

Cutting out stuff isn't going to magically make it better

>what is film editing

I'm so upset about all this. It's not disastrously bad or anything, but just so disappointing.
Makes me wanna run my own show to let people see how it's done.

I agree that it's not *bad* as such, it's just a little disappointing in places.

>Makes me wanna run my own show to let people see how it's done.
What did he mean by this

baka ne!!! this season was too SHORT! you're gonna fix it by making it even shorter?

>Makes me wanna run my own show to let people see how it's done.
then YOU can get canceled before your time and jerked around like crazy by the idiotic networks too
makes me wanna run my own network to let people see how it's done. i'd get every fucking showmaker working for me because i actually let them do their jobs
then i would get the worst ratings because people just want to watch the tv equivalent of the gelatin at the bottom of the can of spam. fucking idiot advertisers.. i should run an advertising company. show everyone how it works. by just not doing any, because it doesn't work.

We can't make it longer but we can get rid of stretched shit. Make it into a movie I guess.

Where would the Scaramouche scenes be placed, or the scene where Jack lost his sword>

>Sup Forums thinking they're better editors than the people who work on the fucking show

I'm working on an edit to turn season 5 into a movie like Genndy planned, but that's about it.

The season's follies have nothing to do with the editing. It's the story. It's a bland run of the mill romance in a show that usually featured a stoic solemn samurai who rarely dropped his "face"

This isn't Dragon Ball Z. The problem wasn't that everything dragged on too long, it was that certain parts felt rushed.

So no, making your own edit wouldn't help. You'd probably just end up removing a couple of minutes of unnecessary Ashi at best anyway.

>Sup Forums
>doing something

I don't think cutting stuff would make any significant improvements. The biggest problems are:

>emotional weightlessness
>formless, meandering story structure... there's a lot of time spent doing fuck-all between episode 4 and 8; Jack reaches his lowest point (traditionally the end of act 2) at the end of the penultimate episode, leaving only 22 minutes for the final act
>introducing too many concepts that are rarely followed up on, and when they are, it's disappointing
>stuff that matters is glossed over, while stuff that doesn't gets stretch into an entire episode
>shoehorned in romance when familial relationship would have worked better and been more thematically cohesive
>new character sharing the spotlight with the protagonist during what is supposed to be the finale
>said new character is bland as fuck

I'm certain there's more.

the whole 10 episodes minus intros is around 3 hours 30 minutes

you could cut down a bit of exposition and transition scenes, to get it down to a 2 hours 30 minutes

Can somebody give me links to all episodes with matching quality? I can't promise anything but I want to start working on it

>he thinks just "cutting it out" makes for good film editing
I really hope you never work in the entertainment industry.

If you cut out unnecessary shit, then yes, it makes for good film editing. Also you can do other stuff, like move scenes and add/remove music.

What would you define as "unnecessary" in the context of this show?

Cutting out scenes from this season would not improve it, it would make it worse. If anything it needed more episodes and scenes to make it seem less rushed. The reason BvS was such a shitshow was because of the very thing you claim is good editing. Cutting out stuff because you think it's unnecessary doesn't heighten the story. You have a very rudimentary way of understanding video editing.

>Sup Forums criticizes the new season for the exact same reasons they praise the older ones

You're just mad about Ashi aren't you user? What about all those conflicts that got resolved by the end of their respective episodes?
It feels like the people criticizing this season either never paid much attention to the older seasons or have selective memory.

If anything, fix the animation errors.

You don't get it. It's about cutting bad stuff that takes too much time, not cutting stuff just to make it shorter.

So we improve Ashi by removing her to the point she is treated as a side character.

>never paid much attention to the older seasons
Or never even watched them. The amount of nu that you can read between the lines of people complaining about the new season is obvious af.

And how exactly do you intend to accomplish that when Ashi has a very important role in the overall story.

>another anti-ashi poster
I see. It has nothing to do with pacing and story structure, or even video editing.
You're just still pissed at the ship. Get over it already. When will you people fuck off?
>it's about cutting bad stuff that takes too much time
Subjective opinion. Unless you can explain and elaborate why it's bad.

Her being important is just an attempt at making a plot device somewhat relevant besides being a plot device. She is a bad character and I would gladly see her gone, even if she is important in the script. If I can avoid cringy scenes that add little to the whole season, I would gladly see her removed.

>Jack
>Stoic
Nah

Ashi is not the only issue. We have to fix other stuff aswell.

What other stuff is there to fix?

>Ashi is underdeveloped
>The relationship feels rushed
So not only will you make it even more rushed, but it'll make no sense because Ashi has been given plot significance that will suddenly come out of nowhere thanks to your braindead edits.
You are retarded and you do not know better than Genndy, I don't care how many children's cartoons you watch.

>still can't explain WHY
Still a subjective opinion
And I disagree completely and doubt you could ever do better.

This will just turn into a shit flinging contest between people who wanna cut out the waifu and people who want her to stay

I'd keep the Scaramouche scenes where they are, though probably cut out the parts with him trying to get on the boat and when he's on the boat with the dogs. They're kind of unnecessary.
Jack losing his sword, I'd put the flashback from the seventh episode as a cold open at the start, then when Jack watches the sword fall down the hole, have it transition to the "50 years have passed" narration.

If you can't remove cancer, at least make it less painful. What the fuck is so hard in understanding that? All who would watch this cut edition would be the people who don't want to see Ashi at all (because she is a bad character in general), so her being even more rushed doesn't matter here.
I have to watch all the episodes again, I can't point out anything specific, because I don't remember them that much. But I remember that there were scenes that could be fixed by simply making them shorter or something.

Only animation error that's bothered me was one part in the most recent episode where Aku's mouth didn't match what he was saying.

>still can't explain shit
>more excuses.jpg
>b-but i'm right guys!
lol only on Sup Forums

The slow pace and world building are what people love about Samurai Jack you candle-sniffing fuckfenc. Go back to Sup Forums and bitch at people who watch the One Piece anime

It's better for me to admit that I can't remember shit than coming up with imaginary stuff in a desperate way to prove my point.

Whatever floats your boat.

REMOVE ASHII REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WE CAN'T HAVE TRADITIONAL FEMALE ROLES IN A CARTOON

>Scaramouche
Wholly agree.

>flashback
Unfortunately agree here, too. They promised too much and delivered too little. It should be moved closer to the beginning to make it less disappointing. Maybe cut down on The Horseman, too, since that was a letdown, as well.

>I don't remember them
>last episode came out 2 days ago
How can you not remember? The episodes are less then 30 mins long. I didn't even rewatch most of them and even I can remember most of the scenes. Sounds like you're making up excuses, because you're a Sup Forumsntrarian with drone opinions. It's sucks when you have no bases for your argument.

I can't remember most of the episodes, because I tried to forget how bad they were once I watched them. I remember the most important scenes in the whole season, just nothing too specific.

Not him, but you're the one making shit up. It's really clear to everyone that you have no idea what you're talking about and are too proud to admit your wrong. I see plenty of people explaining thier reasons behind thier opinions, but not you. You must be special or something.

>wants to cut scenes from the show
>remembers most "important scenes"
>doesn't remember anything specific.

3/10. You got me to respond.

Fuck sake.

Just admit Ashii was necessary to advance the plot in a non-episodic format. What are you gonna do next, edit out all the silliness from the previous 4 seasons? (pic related)

>more excuses
Sorry, but no one is interested in your opinions unless you can explain why.

You are the special one here, boy. If I were to maky any changes to this season, I have to watch everything again and think about stuff that is unnecessary and could be removed.

I can't tell how I would change it here, right now, because that's a long process of thinking, choosing, editing and then testing. You are fucking stupid if this was so hard to get for you.

>pic related
it's you

I'm just ready for it to be over.

I just don't want 25 "I'm so disappoint" threads a day about a 10 episode finale for a 15yo show. Maybe after the last episode airs at least some of these people will move on with their lives.

>excuses
>long process for you to explain why something is bad
Lol no one here is asking you to actually edit the season you autist. Everybody here just told you the explain why. If you can't do that one simple thing then you're the one who is "fucking stupid."

Yeah, yeah, great argument.

I'd rather see more polished version of this season with less chimp girl, less animation errors, less unnecessary music and less anything that made this fucking season shit. Now begone, fool.
Why? Don't you seel countless complains about pacing? Even people that enjoy this season can still see that it's not polished as it could be when it comes to many things, I am not going to give you a rundown of literally every complaint that has been given on Sup Forums so far.

Pacing. Animation errors. Music. Cringy scenes. Bad writing.

Those can be fixed by editing.

>Yeah, yeah, great argument.
The burden of proof is on you fool. I'm not the one claiming the show needed editing, you are supposed to convince me - not the other way around dumbass.
>pic related
it's you

>has opinion
>gets asked to explain his reasons
>gets mad when he can't
>"that's a long process of thinking"
>long process of thinking
Jesus Christ my sides.

>long process of thinking, choosing, editing and then testing

I see that you are an illiterate fellow, poor boy.
Another illiterate fellow, why is Sup Forums so stupid? Why can't you read?

>pic related
it's you

Samurai Jack is based a lot on Japanese art, be it theatre, music, or paintings. In all of these mediums, empty space (silence in music) is used to heighten the content that is there. This is not a Dragonball Z filler situation, it is meant to be that way and would suffer if removed.

HAHAHA ITS YOU ITS YOU ITS YOU DID I WIN GUYS?

>still can't give me one concrete example of why it's bad
I never asked you for a complete run down. Stop being over dramatic.
You can keep pointing out what you didn't like in this season, but that doesn't mean they're objectively bad, of course unless you made a actual argument, instead of just stating subjective opinions.

>even jack has a female who likes him
>meanwhile I'm still getting mixed signals from girls

Lol your not being asked to edit anything
Get over yourself
We all know it takes days for you to think up real arguments. So go take a few days to think about it and come back and try again sport.

>autism

>posts original comment about editing 41 minutes ago
>still has not given one single explanation because "that's a long process of thinking"
>41 minutes
HAHAHAHAHAHA. instead if posting le ebin rebbit reaction images you could be indulging in your "long process of thinking" to actually change some minds here, but nope. fucking imbecile.

Lol this

You're*

If I bother with editing this, I am going to make this mostly for myself. So your opinion means nothing, go suck Genndy's cock and praise new season as a masterpiece of animation industry.

Why do I even bother with talking with some random, illiterate Sup Forums autists that don't understand what the fuck is going on. Everything that I have said has been said countless times after every episode. Read archive so you can see for yourself... but you can't read, right.

>cutting unnecessary parts when the season's main problem is the pacing being too fast and clunky

Haha Jesus, Where to begin?
>if I bother with editing this, I am going to make this mostly for myself
Uhhh ok. Nobody cares...
>your opinion means nothing
At least I can back my opinions up with concrete examples. Making them arguments, not opinions (learn the difference).
>go suck genndy's cock and praise new season as a masterpiece of animation industry
Lol, nice assumptions. I never stated any of that and I definitely don't think it's a masterpiece. Way to try and strawman me.
>why do I even bother
Good question, why do you?
>don't understand wtf is going on
I think everyone here, except you understands
>calls me an autist while at the same time expecting me to go into the archives and find his anonymous post on a board with no IDs
Oh god my sides. This really made my day.
>after all of this he still can't make one concrete example

Look at all of that rage
All over a cartoon for 14 year olds
Autism at its finest

pathetic

Even if you could that wouldn't fix anything, Solo Jack was handed poorly, if anything.

>Doesn't kill himself because of Ashi
>literally gets rid of his demons in a second
>despite of growing some balls to kill a bunch of assassins he regrets it immediately next episode
>goes from beard to Jack in 5 seconds

This season is bad at it's core, no amount of cutting will fix that out.

Cutting ashi would improve everything. I don't care if you don't replace the time wasted, it would still be improved.