Hi everybody! Premier Comics here! The completely free, creator owned, digital comics anthology!

Hi everybody! Premier Comics here! The completely free, creator owned, digital comics anthology!

Dumped our newest issue last night, but figured I'd do it again for everyone that missed it.

You can download the comic here: premiercomics.com/

If you wanna submit a comic for our next issue you can fill out this form: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddGthi1q9XXJosL3vEek8_knx5Bl_3CqIdRKkqcyIFGUjHdg/viewform
Come and chat with us at our Discord: discord.gg/m6nkaG

We also have a subreddit because it would be impossible not to have one when make a digital comic anthology: reddit.com/r/PremierComics/

Other urls found in this thread:

premiercomics.tumblr.com/
discord.gg/m6nkaG
discord.gg/bHcYDyf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interesting

bumping for the good work

Holy fuck, it's back?

like that weird rash you can't get rid of, we're back

thanks

javascript:;

bump

bump

>I've had alot of practice.
>alot
Nice ship you're running here.

damn, you caught us

Son of a BITCH

I feel like this is almost good. Character designs are nice, but I feel like the overall execution could be better. And the plotting/pacing feels funny, especially in page.
I like the idea and the first two pages of this, but the overall narrative of the fight doesn't work for me. Like, why are they both crying? And I'd say that the last page goes too far in abstracting them from pretend, but the effect certainly works.
The only thing I can really say about this is that it needs polish. The writing is boring, expected, by the numbers. The art looks doesn't look finished. I'm fine with a cartooney style, but this should have gone through a few more rounds tightening things up.
I liked this one quite a bit. Nice use of the medium. Art could be better/more consistent (things get a bit floaty in the first two panels)
Really like this one. Art is very Mignola-esque and it is pulled off very well. The narrative might be a bit too hidden, but I think it works.
Nice style, if not a little too anime-y. I didn't finish reading through it, far too much exposition, and I just didn't care to read through it all. Nice choreography. Think it's a little odd for having so many pages that it isn't even complete, needing a To Be Continued.
This looks like a webcomic to me, honestly. I'd have set up that bird poop gag with some POV of the bird flying on the first page, and then establish him being there sans poop, then poop. When I first saw the poop, I thought it was his cum or something weird. Love the last panel on .
>I have no clue what this mans name is.
Boooo, where's your apostrophes!?
I like the story though. Gave me visions of a kiddie-version of Fight Club, if that makes sense.

Sorry about the typos. Next issue we are going to have a second editor. Two sets of eyes and all that.

Thank you for the feedback. Everything helps.

I'm a bit of an editor and I always recommend the 2x2 approach when it comes to proof reading.
Two people reading through the 'final' draft twice, with some amount of time between readings. It's amazing what one person will miss, and how much both can miss.
Though, with these shorter pieces, reading them more than twice is easier to do than full on prose chapters.

BTW everyone here is our tumblr: premiercomics.tumblr.com/

Yeah its a good idea, we just didn't have the time or man power to do it for this issue but we are going to make sure we do it for the next one.

>1 EiC
>3 Editors
Can I ask what your schedules/breakdowns were for the 9 months that this was going on? Or did everything just pile up at the end and had to be rushed out of the finish?

We had one art editor, one scripts/words editor, and one formatting editor.

Our editor in chief had to leave fairly early due to personal problems but we wanted to give them the proper credit for the work they did, and one of the other editors had to leave near the end as well.
So really for things like typos there was a single editor reading.

We underwent a fairly large restructuring and had to recover while moving on with the release.

It's also why we're trying to pick up one or two more editors for proofreading and for helping the artists with their comics. We already can get swamped, sometimes. Building and bringing back the website, fixing everything up, improving the file structuring we use for InDesign and PDF, etc.

A lot of changes were sort of last-second that we had to keep moving forward on.

I do a bit of editing myself and my rule for short pieces is to get through it top to bottom without making a change. When I can do that, it's done. But if I make a change, once I'm done that round of edits, time to start at the top again.

If you're using PDF's for script sharing, stop it. Most of the time they're "fixed" or uneditable documents, making them useless. Share google docs and highlit pasages needing edits with details as footnotes or something.

Oh, no, it's nothing like that. The PDF and InDesign changes are for proper optimization of the issues.

We share our changes that need to be made by letting the creators know what the issue is on each panel and which page.

We do have a lot of ideas moving forward on keep track of things using Google Docs, as you stated. We've moved a lot of our structuring to Google Docs that can be seen and edited by multiple parties.

>Really like this one. Art is very Mignola-esque and it is pulled off very well.
T-thanks

you did it!

This page and th eone before are really well done!

I was wondering if I could join the next issue

for sure, just come by the discord during the day and sign up via the submission form in the OP

You got it. Just have to check with my writer.

Y-yeh.

Jump in the discord and if you want, my man

>discord.gg/m6nkaG
It says the invite has expired.

discord.gg/bHcYDyf

This is out permanent join link. This should work.

Thanks for the storytime

If you enjoyed then we did our job.