Samurai Jack Season 5

>over the course of the series, the main character loses everyone he ever cared about and everything he ever believed in
>in his darkest moment, a new character appears and offers him a level of love and understanding he has never experienced before
>tragically, through a set of contrived circumstances, the main character is forced to kill them

Hey wait a minute

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/831686
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When does the off-the-rails, post-modern, apocalypse begin?

Seasons 1-4.

I long for the time when everyone realizes Evangelion was a complete accident and that nobody involved in it had any idea what they were doing, and that all the christian imagery was included literally only to set it apart from other Mecha anime.

In the follow up movie after episode 10, End of Samurai Jack.

I don't remember the first episode where Jack has to climb inside a clone of his mother after his father tells him to fight a giant near-human. Jack gives into despair, but only after literally years of fighting Aku and losing all chance to complete his mission. There certainly isn't any waifu in the show nearly as good as Asuka, which makes three strikes, the comparison doesn't work and OP is a faggot

PS: Asuka is best girl, and old moot agrees with me

>Implying the series dont have its own asuka.

I literally have yet to watch Evangelion.

>evafags will claim that even age old story points are rip offs of eva

Now i'm hard

I've only watched the rebuild and read the manga(hentai) hell o even read those fucking Shinji project omnibuses still it's a good series I hate how Gendo has bullishit level 10 precognitive "all part of the plan skills" seriously why does every great manga villain have to have retarded levels of strategy and manipulation

>Godzilla X Eva's were fucking great tho

I think Gendo's chess-master abilities are less egregious in the original series. IIRC, Seele gets him cornered and he (inwardly) panics and makes last-minute changes so the hammer doesn't come down on him.

In both versions, part of his success comes from surrounding himself with vulnerable people he can easily manipulate.

Accident or not, its fucking amazing.

>I only watched / read the worsts versions availables of the series.
WHY? Its not so hard nigga, only 26 episodes and a movie.

And dead mothers in robots.

Gendo gets outplayed by Yui in the original series. His goals were always flawed and he failed hard at them.

The thematic content is all pretty straightforward and obviously deliberate, though. I never thought the religious imagery was anything special either way -- the show just had good design and smart direction (for the most part).

Yeah that is a good point I just thought it was a little retarded to put the fate of the world in the hands of people two break ups from a breakdown even if it's part of your plan, but his plans never really work out in the end so I guess he wasn't that good

I'm still waiting for them to be released Bluray state side, should be any day now, any day it totally won't be worse than waiting for 3.33... any day now

Religious imagery has some detail but is only world building. No deeper meanings behind it.
The cool stuff is the character minds and developments, character themes, etc. There is certainly some thought behind it

>I just thought it was a little retarded to put the fate of the world in the hands of people two break ups from a breakdown
He didn't. Rei gave him the finger and merged with Lilith, and then left it up to the human she cared most about to decide humanity's fate. In Gendo's plan, he was supposed to control Instrumentality.

It was dumb as fuck for Gendo to expect Rei to be loyal to him after all the shit he put her through, and to think he could control a god. He also believed he could trust Ritsuko to fix the computer system after fucking her over, too. His overblown confidence in his ability to manipulate people brought him down.

>Waiting for a 21 year old series get a blu ray version.
Nigga, there isnt anything more to improve. Just download the final remaster, there is no way to get better than that.
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/831686
Ignore the seed tracker, as its broken.

While I thank you for the link and will probably use it, I still have hope Speed Racer, Gatchaman, the Alice in wonderland anime and the fucking Record of Lodoss War can all get bluray release than damn it there's still hope, he'll I'm still waiting for LOTGH anime getting released

I guess he had the thinks he's smarter than he actually problem which Got him in the end

He thinks he understands his wife plans. Once he say looking eva01 and say "soon our plans will come to fruition"
But it was never "their" plan, it was hers. He was just desperately trying to get back to her, and thus behaved as a terrible human being trying to achieve it. Which ironically, is probably the reason Rei betrayed him and 01 attacked him during the instrumentality, denying his dream at the last moment.

Don't you dare compare the beauty of Kaworu to that cunt Ashi..