Just started this

Just started this.
What am I in for?
Perchance...kino?

no. mediocre tarantino honestly. the beginning is probably the best part.

trash

I saw the 70mm release in cinema and some of the landscape shots are gorgeous. Otherwise, it's pretty mediocre but entertaining enough.

You are in for a live action theatre piece. I think its enjoyable because the dialogues are good but its not a classic Tarantino Action all over the place movie.

So far it's 90% close ups of Samuel L. Blackman peering out from his ridiculously thick bundle of clothes

The movie is pretty much pure dialog with some gorey scenes throughout
I personally liked it since you hardly see anything like it today
I can understand it being divisive though

boring

It's 80% people explaining to other people who they are in the most meme way possible. Just boring exposition: the movie.

AY-BRA-HAM LIN-KIN

Tarantino redeems himself after the abysmal pair of Basterds and Unchained. Eight is a return to form to our foot obsessed friend.

WARM
BLACK
DINGUS

Hack film. People only say they like it because of Hackatino.

it's good

It's on par with Reservoir Dogs in terms of shit.

half an hour too long

Don't listen to these whiny faggots. It's a great film.

Give me solid reasons as to why they're bad.

Walton Goggins is the best part of the movie.

i fell asleep the first time i watched it. i haven't given it another chance. i love most tarantino, for the record. definitely slower than his other films though.

the moment i heard tarantino narrating i shut it down
not with that terribly forced accent and shit-tier expressions sold as acting

One of my favorite films. Beautifully shot and really dialogue-driven with a satisfying climax

WARM

It's his best

Okay movie that blows it load in the second act. Last scene fucking kino, though.

>terribly forced accent
thats his actual accent dumbass.

I'm an hour and 20 minutes in. When do things start happening?

Its the opposite. Its his worst film to date.

Last 25 minutes.

Directed by Quentin Tarantino

The worst Tarantino film after Death Proof.

It's self-indulgent and poorly edited.

Pretty much any minute now

No hes right Inglorious is dogshit except for the first scene and Django is meh

Tarantino hasn't done anything decent since IG, but H8 was the only of his films I actually found boring.

Django is definitely meh and IG was decent because of a few scenes, but H8 is still pretty dull.

DID SOMEONE CALL ME?

Nah, H8 was his passion project and it shows; I don't begrudge Tarantino making a film for himself but it's just not very good. It might have been a better film if his editor hadn't died.

It's overlyong and Samuel L Jacksons character isn't very good. I enjoy all the performances though

It's Tarantino at the fullest but why do you find it bad?
The setting is pretty original for nowadays movies, nice music, the 3 parts construction is well thought, the suspense is solid
okay the blood was a little too much and very disappointing

On first viewing the first half is good and the second half is bad, because there's at least some mystery and intrigue. On second viewing the whole thing is shit

>It's Tarantino at the fullest but why do you find it bad?
It's needs an editor. Seriously.
Every single point you made, aside from the one about the music, is transparently idiotic. Kill your parents so they don't repeat their mistake then kill yourself, you fucking mong.

>but muh editing
we need you to shut the fuck up
try to work on your arguments you eating shit motherfucker

wtf Inglourious Basterds is arguably his best film

>heads literally exploding
>Graphic over the top violence and Gore
>Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger (and yes this is a problem because nigger is generally used for shock value but the shock disappears when you overuse it and it's then just vulgar edgy crap)
>HEY ITS ME TARANTINO RECOGNISE MY VOICE AS I LITERALLY UNSUBTLY EXPLAIN THE REASON FOR THE NAME OF THE NEXT CHAPTER
>Movie is entirely insincere smarmy self aware for 2 hours until suddenly we'll attempt to have a sincere ending
>........Ok it was well shot

Except Nigger makes sense within the context of the characters saying it.

It’s fucking boring.

>suddenly we'll attempt to have a sincere ending
It's obvious that you didn't get the tone of the movie at all

Yes, OP, kino is a proper word to describe it. This is a movie many people might dismiss after watching only once, like most people do with movies - one and done. If you get the chance to watch it again, and you know who's who, watch the little mannerisms. They have many "tells" that give away their characters. Also this is probably the only murder-mystery "who-dun-it" where the protagonists pick apart the killers and take them out one by one. Just watch it.
>that shot of the general telling Ruth he's a hyena with the floor boards in the background.
PURE FUCKING KINO

holy shit the narration
his whiny gay voice is totally out of place and ruins the otherwise awesome mood of the film
why the FUCK would he do that smdh

>Posting on Sup Forums while watching a movie

You're a fucking retard. Just watch the thing.

Not a coincidence. It's on showtime right now.

samuel l. jackson's dong getting sucked by a white guy

there I saved you a lot of time. also fuck spoiler tags because you opened yourself up to it

sounds like Kino to me

I figured.

2.5 hours of talking followed by 30 minutes of slaughter

These are correct. It's not Tarantino's best, but it has great dialogue, acting, and suspense. The music and setting are also top notch. With some refinements it could've been a real classic.

After Reservoir Dogs it shouldn't be a big surprise but still, the goddamn madman shot an entire film inside a wagon and a haberdashery.

Hateful 8 > Kill Bill > Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Django Unchained > Jackie Brown > Inglorious Basterds >>>>>>>>> Death Proof.

Don't agree? Fuck you.

holy shit lad this is awful

During your initial viewing during this scene you focus on Chris. Warren isn't looking at Chris, though. In the background is Bob and Joe, looking at each other nervously before Warren takes a seat in Sweet Dave's favorite chair.

just turn it off and kill yourself senpai

Basterds is his most overrated film. Fassbender pretending to be German for 20 minutes and getting killed because he did not use his thumb to signal 3. Nonsensical ending, characters with no depth or motivation, Michael fucking Meyers. There are some fun moments, and the opening scene is great, but overall? Meh.

Death Proof is utter garbage. Jesus that film was complete shit. Pointless.

Hateful Eight is what cinema used to be. It has a matured Tarantino focusing on great dialogue and character conflict. It's tense and fun at the same time. Superb kino. Morricone's best soundtrack in 18 years.

Try 70 minutes too long. The film could have been an economical hour and a half. There is no reason for it to be 160 minutes long other than Tarantino being too self-indulgent to edit his dialogue.

>People with this taste exist

How else do you expect him to get the male on male action into his film??!?

>Everybody turn around and put your hands on that wall.
Chris, unaffiliated with the gang members, does as he's told instantly. Bob, Joe, and Oswaldo all turn around in unison. As a team.

English Pete looking up and away, trying to remember his practiced routine of introducing himself as Oswaldo. Notice how he delivers his introduction. Very rehearsed. Shortly after Chris steps in for a handshake. Pete instinctively steps back not wanting to get too close to Chris and potentially have his cover blown.

Neck yourself.

General Sandy "I don't give a damn about these people. Or you. Or your sister." is too in character in this scene. So obviously pretending he doesn't care about Ruth or Daisy, he won't even look at all the commotion in the background. Instead he stares at the fireplace.

When Oswaldo initially introduces himself to Ruth, notice Daisy's reaction. Worried Ruth might see through Pete's lies.
After this:
>You ever spent two or more days locked up with one of your customers before?
>I can't say I have.
Do you think Daisy is referring to herself when she says "customer"?

Loved it. Characters are well portrayed and the setting is really comfy. It's three hours or so with mostly dialogues though keep that in mind

When John Ruth asks Joe what's his reason for going to Redrock, Joe responds
>My mother.
I think Daisy's face says it all.

it's bad. goes for too long without deserving it (you can tell tarantino needs someone to edit his ideas); the tension that should be built up in such a The Thing-esque scenario is lame and almost nowhere to be found; a lot of boring exposition; a terrible end that goes full tarantino in its overuse of childish gore. just a bad time

some good landscape shots and a few other merits, but not worth getting into

pretty good user

>And she left you in charge.
>Si.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't encourage this. I'll write you a whole fucking novel on this shit.

Kino af user, enjoy.

don't forget ham-fisted monologues