Am I the only one who thinks that this movie was a worthless piece of junk...

Am I the only one who thinks that this movie was a worthless piece of junk? For me it failed on every level: characters were dull, pacing was hilariously over the place and visuals were uninspiring.
Joy is very cute, though.

Sup Forums need to jerk off some autistic shit

just curious
what was the best movie 2017 for you?

The story is the problem, compounded with the idea that this is the "Blade Runner" universe 30 years later.

Saw it on opening night, came on Sup Forums to talk about how mediocre it was the day after and any time I brought it up, I just get the full rundown of
>pleb
>i-its just 2deep4u
>g-go back to c-capeshit!!

easily the most overrated movie this year and a huge disappointment as a Sci-Fi fan. Ana De Armas was literally the only part of the movie I enjoyed, she looked really cute in the yellow rain jacket.

The Last Jedi

>pacing was hilariously over the place
Please elaborate on this. I found the pacing quite consistent and precise to the narrative.

No user, the vast majority of clueless normalfaggots thinks the same as you.

kek

Unironically my number one movie is TLJ and my number 2 is 2049

you should unironically stop

you need to go back

well you're entitled to your opinion, bro. don't act all surprised if people point fingers at you and snicker, though. such is life in the no taste zone )))))

Hard to tell. Good Time and The Killing of the Sacred Deer were fun.
Screenplay is weak, yes but so is the director work. A lot of the scenes just don't work as intended. Even those that didn't have that hack Leto in them.

Its a wonderful film, pure kino. The Goose's finest work.

I didn't get the set design at all.

The original blade runner was a lived in world. It was dirty. It was functional.

This one felt too much like it was filmed in a studio or some kind of abstract architectural museum. Completely missed its mark.

Huh, it's almost like 30 years have passed and there was a technological blackout combined with the collapse of the entire ecosystem so almost everything in it is completely dead.
And BR2049 was quite dirty, from those building hallways to K's Peugeot that was dirtier than any car from the original.

Why did Wonder Woman leave the Goose alive after taking deckard?

it's almost like none of that actually matters to the movie besides a convenient plot point and it's just poor design

This.

All solo Goose scenes are hilariously slow and I mean literally slow - he moves slow, turns his head slow, etc. We get only brief glimpses of other characters in the movie because all runtime is wasted on Goose slowly walking.
It certainly looked less fake

Do I have to watch the original BR to watch this one?

this

Because she had a thing for K, she's an emotionally and sexually confused character. Attempted to flirt with him when taking him through Wallace's building, and got shot down. The rest of the movie is her going full yandere for K (saving him from the trash people then telling him to fuck off and do his job, crushing Joi in front of him because he chose a program over herself) whilst also trying to impress Wallace by 'being the best one'

>Dude the setup for the entire movie doesn't make sense it's just convenient lmao
Fuck off

Nah, I guess it could be watched as a standalone movie. You better watch the original, though, because contrary to BR2049 it's a very competent movie which had a great influence to a classic cyberpunk look and look of many SciFi movies in general

No, but it's recommend. Quite a few scenes won't have a huge impact if you didn't watch them.

No, but I might be the only one here who thinks the original Blade Runner is fairly shallow bait for edgy noir fetishists masquerading as profound philosophical commentary.

2001 and Ex Machina are the only superb AI films I can think of, honestly. AI: Artificial Intelligence was good but very sentimental.

Pic related, your typical Blade Runner fan.

If the movie was so good, why haven't I still forced myself to watch it. Started watching the first one and couldn't get past 30 mins. Borefest.

He is the type of guy who could have a Stacey hit on him, and he would respond by asking where the vending machine is so he can get a pepsi.

>Unless people are talking or there are explosions, i dont know what is going on!!! It all so boring!
>brainlet.jpg.exe

>It was dirty.
yes, in the part where a replicant covers herself in garbage, the roof of bryant's office, and the bradbury, an abandoned building

GET OOOUT!!!!

Bladerunner defined cyberpunk before Neuromancer had the chance. You probably think you are the only one thats too intelligent to enjoy Citizen Kane as well.

Same
>inb4 "it gets good after an hour!!!"

Have you seen a single film released before your birth year?

Because you're ADHD ridden surface-level plot driven brainlets

really? because it starts really strong
>killing batista in a robo fist fight
>gettng shamed for being a robot by robin wright
>meeting holowaifu

To be fair, you have to have a VERY high IQ to find boring trite entertaining.

the first 45 minutes are the best part of the movie. it takes a turn for the worse as soon as Ford shows up.

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

Also the implication that a film has to be entertaining to be good just shows how much of a clueless casual you are.

Original movie was slow as fuck but it was slow in all the right places. Your scene must be slow when it needs to be slow, like in the original BR when Deckard is dreaming of unicorn, or when he is focused at finding details in the photograph. In BR2049 scenes are slow just for the sake of it, because the director thought that this way they will somehow become more powerful and will automatically make movie x10 more atmospheric.

Joi literally looks like Kitty Pyde there

Fine. I'm going to objectively watch it, then make a thread about it.

It's okay, not your fault that you have ADHD.

All I know is that I would trade my wife and $3.50 for a fake holo girlfriend.

I'm not saying you can't be bored with it, I'm saying that stating in an overly general way that the film is either boring or "entertaining" is not indicative of the quality of the film whatsoever

First BR feels much longer than the sequel though. It's a challenge for me to not fall asleep during this film.

Sure, fair enough. What I meant was engaging. But I'll give it another shot.

Best part of the original film is an ad-lib, and practical effects. 2049 is very basic, done deal, nothing really stands off. Joe's journey of self-discovery doesn't really light up at any point. Theres no Wow! to it. Hes doing his job, being chosen one, being fake and making a choice. Theres a whole meme about it, but its hilarious rather than impressive. It serves it's purpose just enough that you understand it. The movie serves as entertainment for your scifi fix, but its not an instant classic. Its not harsh to call it worthless. The quest to find the child might as well be for pot of gold, if not to fool Joe thinking he is special.

>The quest to find the child might as well be for pot of gold
So you want the usual lefty Hollywood "everyone is born special teehee" bullshit? That is interesting to you? Not a replicant who makes himself special by his own actions and transcends his original programming simply by belief?

Rick and Morty

you're right OP. That's why the movie flopped.

boring movie and what's worse was it was 2 hours 40 minutes long

>boring movie
see here >what's worse was it was 2 hours 40 minutes long
And that's bad why?

No, there are plenty of pretentious narcisissistic autists on Sup Forums.

And contrarians.

When will it be my turn to get a Cuban qt.

No most of Sup Forums and /film/ agree as well. Reddit and Sup Forums tourists on the other hand don't

Most of Sup Forums agrees that it's best movie of the year.

My girlfriend didn't really like it either, if it makes you feel better. I don't think it's for everyone.

>No most of Sup Forums
Then why is most of Sup Forums completely filled with praising BR2049 threads since it's release, with the people who have a negative opinion on it the small minority?

>and /film/
If you are talking about the discord server, they hate and reject everything released after 1979, including the first Blade Runner.

you cant make this shit up

Best:
1. Ghost Hunting
2. The Woman Who Left
3. El mar la mar
4. Quality Time
5. On the Beach at Night Alone
6. Dark Night
7. Rey
8. Sleep Has Her House
9. Voyage of Time (Blanchett version)
10. Good Time

Worst(no order):
Get Out, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Logan, The Big Sick, Okja, Don't Kill It
Columbus, Beauty and The Beast, Atomic Blonde, Kuso, Power Rangers, The Bad Batch, Bushwick

How about you?

Is this new pasta? I saw this post at least 4 times now.

You'll see it a lot more too if the yearly trend of listing "your best movies of 201X" keeps up. Now how about you?

On the beach at night alone is such a B tier pathetic forgettable weeb drama flick, thinking that it is "best" anything is completely laughable.

>Sleep Has Her House
So Scott's spamming and shitposting here finally payed off eh?

So it is new pasta, okay.

It's the best possible Blade Runner sequel we could've ever gotten.

>he would respond by asking where the vending machine is so he can get a pepsi.
instant aloof confidence play
instant wet panties

It's my end of year list. You ask for it and you get it.
Whats yours?

I liked it even though it was terrible

You can call me a pleb, but I liked sequel a lot more than original.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the people who wait until they can pirate films tend to be more jaded about them. Shallow criticism, too, never expanding on any one point. Characters were dull? How?

you whine about dull characters and all over the place pacing while saying that "The Killing of Sacred Deer" was a possible entree?
That's the most Sup Forums post I've seen in a while

At least you understand you're a pleb. Thats one step above the rest of the plebs

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Loved watching it in theaters (saw multiple times), though it could still be a hunk of junk. It reminds me of Inception in some ways, as such I'm not sure time will be so kind to it.

I said you can call me a pleb, I never said that I am one, retard.

So you wanted a remake and not a sequel with the same style of directing as the original movie that came out 35 years ago including pointless world building and references in a singular movie set to show how the world has changed within a long timespan and the outcome of the rebellion.
That's fantastic that you have such great taste to love the original and not the sequel because, you know, everyone LOVED the original Bladerunner on its release.

Yes

>He was suspended from elementary school because he filled a box with knives and threw them at the other kids during recess.
/our/guy

>A detective movie is slow.

>"I don't like it so you can't either!"

not even remotely close to what I said. I enjoyed both movies, but that's a spoiled criticism.

Just saw this movie. Quick question. How did they find Rian?

So did his hologram waifu really love him or was it all a trick?

Through Joi, she was was bugged.
Shy really loved him, that was her literally only purpose.

>How did they find Rian?
Villeneuve called him or his agent and said hey be in my film

>So did his hologram waifu really love him or was it all a trick?
That's the question the film gives out, there is no singular right answer

Fucking moron.

But didn't she tell him to remove the transmitter or something and that chick at the corporation lost her shit and went looking for him? So how DID she find him, just... luck?

It was pretty obvious by her reactions and the bad lady stomping her that she really loved him and tried to screw over the lady, but at the end they show that scene and show that maybe she was just telling him what he wanted to hear, and how did she still know the name? Maybe it's the name she gives to all her partners, so she is programmed to give that name or?

Also was it just me or was she modeled after the bad lady, at that scene where the bad lady is under water she looks like her.

>But didn't she tell him to remove the transmitter or something and that chick at the corporation lost her shit and went looking for him? So how DID she find him, just... luck?

She went to the cop station to track him, when she killed madam

Oh yeah, I forgot. But if the station can track him at all times how was he expecting to hide at all? He knew they would come to him after 48 hours anyway.

He wasn't going to hide was he?

The images feel empty and lifeless, like they've been made with no other intention than formal perfection. Pretty, but without purpose. Slick and glossy, like a magazine cover.
There are no new ideas explored here, and the revolution thrown into to the mix at the end feels entirely out of place and is introduced only through dialogue, in a contrived and hollow fashion.

I would say they were only able to track his car. I don't think he was aware that Luv was all over him.

The people who dislike the movie are everywhere but in here. That's why the movie bombed you fucking retard

>The images feel empty and lifeless,
Maybe because the setting is empty and lifeless? There was a technological blackout and the entire ecosystem collapsed, basically everything is dead so it would make no sense for it to look vibrant and dense.