>"Cash money, hundred dollar bills."

Well that changes everything!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lL6bCojG7_s
youtube.com/watch?v=iIRedvXGmYo
youtube.com/watch?v=_H7hWL_uXT8
youtube.com/watch?v=0VkfI3BjAVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is he such a lowballing piece of shit little prick?

It actually does to some people, because people are idiots.

Why do you hate capitalism?

watching this show, it makes me wonder howmany people don't have bank accounts.

>well, it was *appraised* for $13,000, doesnt mean someones going to pay that
>i'll give you $1000. cash. money. in your hand

>yeah, i mean its just been in the basement for a decade, and i could use the money now...

This is a reddit tier meme and you need to go back. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how Pawn Stars handles it's business and anyone that thinks otherwise is a retard poor fag with no experience in business. "Durr but da expert man said it's worth $200 so give me $200 mistah". "No!" He needs to make a profit, already he is going to give you less, and on top of that yes, you do need to consider how long the investment will be. A watch will sell quickly. Your $30,000 worth of Chaizards will take 10 years to sell online on ebay if you are lucky.

>Why is he such a lowballing piece of shit little prick?
That's how pawn shops (and making money) work. You buy something for $3 and sell it for $10. Similarly, he pays people who sell/pawn him stuff so little because some of that merchandise might never get moved and it'll take up space in his inventory (space that can be used for quicker-moving/more profitable items).
>source: dad was an alcoholic who used pawn shops regularly

Would he pay in bitcoin?

Thanos?

Thats show is fake either way

Either way what?

sorry you got triggered user

really the part that gets me is "hundred dollar bills," as if the denomination you're paid in should factor heavily into your decision making

I was walking through North Vegas and looked in a pawn shop window and saw a bunch of vacuum cleaners, made me feel sad.

Anyone that thinks his business practices (or how they're depicted on the at least) are scummy has never dealt with a pawnbroker in real life. Calling in experts and shit to try to get someone a more fair deal is something pretty much no other pawnbroker would do. If some old lady walked into your neighborhood paw shop with a lost Van Gogh, the guy running it would happily give her 5 dollars for it and retire off the profits.

As a rule, pretty much anyone in a profession like that is out to rip you off as much as they can.

He probably only went on the show to advertise his Charizards to serious buyers. Was a legit collection.

The show is clearly scripted/staged

People care about stupid things and like having impressive shit like hundred dollar bills. It should matter, but it absolutely does to most idiots that would be selling stuff at a pawn shop.

anybody got some best of clips to share?

ok I guess that makes sense, it still sounds dumb to me desu

A thousand in hundreds is worth more than a thousand in tens and twenties.

Because a hundred is rarer than a twenty and thus worth more.

Simple logic.

pure kino: youtube.com/watch?v=lL6bCojG7_s

>That was a great sale Big Hoss, you looked like a true "Pawn Star"
Really?

It literally is because it is illegal to film during open hours or some shit. All of what you see on t.v. is a reenactment while the store is closed, with some dramatic flare for t.v. thrown in.

Plus they're close to the Vegas strip. People will happily take a low price since they think they can go gamble and get even more money than they thought the item was originally worth.

The people selling their shit are in Vegas, they want to gamble, whore, and snort what ever they can buy.

*shoot of a weapon*
*shoot of a painting*
*shoot at hot girl with huge tits*
*shoot of jewelry*
*shoot at cash*

I've been to this place. It's a shithole and smells like old people.

This show educates children about history and finance and should be shown in schools worldwide.

top kek I thought you guys were joking with the Charizard shit

youtube.com/watch?v=iIRedvXGmYo

Thats how it is man.

I knew people who were so bad in life that they sold fucking swiffer mops.

>Chumlee you fatass faggot. How do I get titties on my smartphone?
>You have a smart phone old man?
>It's smarter than you, fat piece of shit, in fact come over here and show me your titties
>Dad, you can't bully Chumlee during office hours
>Chumlee, when that clock hits five thirty, I'm gonna rape you like you did that Suicide Girl on the night shift
>Dad, i'll give you $300, cash money, hundred dollar bills if I can watch
>Deal, son
>Okay, lets go do some paperwork over here

>that Suicide Girl
lol what happened to her...she got kicked off because she had nudes?

>today we are all Cajun Pawn Stars™
spinoff was even worse

She got fired from the show but kept her job in the pawn shop then quit once she did even more nudes due to the small amount of fame she got from being on the show

Literally all of it is staged you moron, the producers give the people these items

youtube.com/watch?v=_H7hWL_uXT8
youtube.com/watch?v=0VkfI3BjAVU

a lot of shows had insane Subway product placement during this time. these are pretty tame compared to the Hawaii 5-0 one though.

Not all of them. Some people go on the show to show off that they own an item, refuse the offer, and put the item up for auction. Like the youtube fag with the nintendo championship cartridge.

That actually makes sense. I'm sorry I called you a moron

>old man quit the show because he doesn't have the energy to do it anymore

hmm, ty user

Wait, what?

I would love it if someone sold/gifted them an Xbox One with a copy of Killer Instinct and they go fire it up and play online and everyone they fight plays as Rash and keeps spamming them messages after the fight.