He didn't do anything wrong

He didn't do anything wrong.

I haven't watched it. Is the other thread about the girl growing a penis after passing through the black hole accurate?

He looks like a heavy drinker. Or Boris Jeltsins son.

Probably shouldn't have kissed the black girl though

>left his hacked development build connected to the internet
>didn't hack in something to quick travel to bridge/etc
>wrote a game that can actually brick it's user (no hardware level timeout in these things?)
>didn't have an easy way to reset the game to a known state
yeah, he did alot wrong

wow star trek discovery looks like shit
what is this poor mans mountainmon

She didn't do anything wrong.

copying somebodies DNA is like piracy or something.

>Inb4 autists compare lines of code and physical biology

haven't watched it yet but from what I've seen this guy basically means genocide white people

she smoked weed
degenerates lives always crumble
always

The sci-fi stories themselves are great, but the casting is a sickening diversity-a-thon.

* Every villain is a white person.
* There is one Muslim and one negro per every White character.
* Negroes are all wrongly-accused good bois who dindu nuffin.
* Every episode features miscegenation and interracial relationships.
* Women are featured in high-power roles while men stay home and take care of kids.

It's actually painful to watch, because I'm desperate for intellectual sci-fi but I can't stand seeing it strained through the Hollyjew "diversity" filter.

>find your DNA on a torrent website
this is the future you chose

His only flaw was being the most boring fucker on earth while creating a fully immersive holodeck.

>Tommy

Just go watch one of the dozen other sci-fi anthologies from the last 60 years. They're more creative and outside of communism fearmongering there isn't much propaganda.

How did she even kill the first guy?

Like what? I've already seen Twilight Zone 3 times. Not him btw.

He had an unchecked psychological issue and used a video game for an outlet. Dude needed to go get drunk with his coworkers, do something fun like skydiving or shooting guns.

She's a strong girl.

brofist

would have been so much better to watch his gradual isolation from his peers as he gets sucked deeper into his own, weird, perverse, private simulation
by the end of it, his ship and crew have gone all faction paradox and he's completely unable to interact with normal humans anymore

He was a fucking retard that didn't create an automatic "disconnect if connected for more than 5 hours" thing.

He was a fucking retard that, knowing that the ship can only operate with him inside the game, decided to stay inside the game and chase down his toys as they tried to approach a black hole that was about to close.

And he was a little bitch that couldn't handle basic social stuff.

The definition of a beta white male. Dumb, antisocial, bursting with rage and powerless.

Such a punchable face

he didn't use his admin powers to stop them and instead got in a ship and chased them I'd say that's a pretty big mistake

He didn't deep dick the blue alien chick non-stop. He honestly deserve everything that happened to him the stupid faggot

Outer Limits, Night Gallery, Out of the Unknown, and that new Philip K. Dick series.

he didnt give the women vaginas

>He had an unchecked psychological issue and used a video game for an outlet.

Sounds like most of the posters on Sup Forums.

kek absolutely correct

He's literally the worst man ever. Give anyone what he had and they'd create space-harems filled with fantasy alternate-egos of people in his life.
His McPoyle boss would be turned into a bro-tier companion, so would the intern and the indian coder guy.
The blue chick, the qt and even the ugly black chick would be completely submissive hot action girls that want his dick.
And he'd go on great adventures with the bro crew and the waifu squad, banging green alien chicks all over the universe.
This would not only be a great way to relieve stress and release all his pent-up sexual urges, but it could even help his confidence a little.

But no.
I'mma make 'em all remember who they really are and force them to be my unwilling slaves.
Because that's what gets me off. Not banging hot chicks I can't bang in real life
Torturing people, yeah, that gets my dick going. That's a fantasy.
Sadists are retarded, sadism is a meme

coke as well in the beginning but she turned her life around.

>He's literally the worst man ever.

And extremely vindictive.

For you

I have to admit I don't really understand this meme. Do people just dismiss things like the problem of other minds and think it's obvious simulations aren't sentient or what?

He was the most relatable black mirror character for Sup Forums

>not the pedo from Shut Up and Dance

This was why it was bollocks. Surely he had full control over everything and didn't need to chase them.

As for other stuff he did wrong:

>openly displaying nerd power level at work
>making a sim with NPCs with the actual person's characters instead of programmed personalities
>erasing their vaginas
>pausing/exiting the game left the game world active while he was absent rather than freezing everything
>being an apex beta faggot in real life

And really it was a nother tale of the morality of the treatment of "sentient " AI, Brooker is a hack

It's honestly not even that bad.
Who the fuck cares.

A white guy sacrifices himself in the first episode to save everyone and the white woman mom is a raging count in the 2nd episode.

Someone already said this, but none of this would have happened if he just went drinking with his coworkers. Only problem is that he's an autist.

>smoking weed
>degenerate
Your fucking grandma probably smokes weed. Quit being such a square dweeb.

HE SHOT A KID

Nice logic.
White man playing video games.
Deserves to be tortured for eternity.

It's amazing how Sup Forums retards are bigger culture-war crybabies than the SJWs they endlessly whine about. You're two halfs of an identical, hyterical coin, obsessed with media representation for your preferred in-groups. You're all pathetic losers wasting potentially useful political energy.

In any case, if you're looking for intellectual sci-fi, you can probably skip Black Mirror.

I just don't get why they decided to go full 'awkward nerd' stereotype. Do we really need more 'lol white quiet nerd that gets bullied is actually a sadistic school shooter' memes?

It does raise a semi-interesting idea. Imagine all the NPC's you've killed in games, innocent civilians mowed down in GTA etc. Just pixels, doesn't mean anything. But if they were sentient? Does it matter more or not any different if the NPC's are aware and don't want to be killed?

>erasing vaginas
Really, what's the point of this? Why would some unhinged egomaniac castrate his own personal fapbait fantasy sim? He makes out with the women, so he's obviously using the program for some sexual satisfaction.

But also more than this, are we really supposed to assume this guy's personal mod is completely sexless whereas the mass release lets you shit and whip out your cock and whathaveyou?

this

what's the guy's race got to do with anything?

Nobody fucking tried to help him at all though, even chad who made millions of dollars of off him, wouldn't teach him basic social skills or show the slight concern in return. It will never ever be OK to be a normie.

>people have to teach you how to live
the absolute state of /r9k/

>think it's obvious simulations aren't sentient
The fact that they're called "simulations" should be a bit of a giveaway. Though in the real world, "artificial intelligence" amounts to treating Bayesianism as a combinatorial and numerical optimization problem, which is a pretty silly way of approaching the question of subjectivity.

You are always dependent upon other people for the information you use to make your decisions and which guides you through life yes.

Everyone really was comically, cartoonishly cruel to the guy. You'd think some master coder and co-founder of the hottest game ever would have some social clout and charming nerdish charisma, even if he's awkward.

Bad writing, more than anything.

Why do the DNA clones have the same memories and personaility as their real life counterparts, shouldnt they be blank slates.

I dunno SJWs actually ruin shit, Sup Forums just bitches online.

I think that was just a feature of the base game, not his mod.

....yes.

>jesse pinkman had a cameo as a guy on his xbox at the end
JUST

Never mind I'm retarded, forgot they got their junk back at the end.

>fat matt damon gets starring role
>Aaron Paul is voice of gamer asshole at end

So many stupid plot conveniences for the protagonists. Like this guy can't teleport anywhere instantly or somehow you die in real life if you die in the game despite there being no mechanism to kill you.

This, he literally built the software the whole company relies on and chad was basically like 'hey faggot got the next release ready'. He also didn't seem to stand up for him at all in the office to the point that chad employees literally felt comfortable bullying him. Not that that makes what he did okay obviously.

Holy shit...THIS

I'm not even a koder and was puzzled why this nigga didn't even have that kind of oversight

I can't really think of anything (at least as far as media, which I assume you're talking about) SJWs have actually ruined. But both parties shit-up discussion around media and politics, at the very least.

>>wrote a game that can actually brick it's user (no hardware level timeout in these things?)
This is just bad writing though, the audience or the author himself is angry with the fiction character and let's it show through his writing.

>INFINITY, GET ME A JOB

Don't reply to Sup Forums imbeciles. They'll find anything to be offended about.

Get back to me when you can get fired from your job at Google for not agreeing with Sup Forums.

But we're the real people being hurt or just avatars? If the latter then like... what's the problem? Nobody cares if you kill NPCs in a video game lmao

*hax u into a vegetable*

>The fact that they're called "simulations" should be a bit of a giveaway.
Not really, once a simulation is complex enough and exhibits all the same behaviours of a real person it's going to be increasingly difficult to not assume sentience. It's not like we can test for sentience so a line would have to be drawn somewhere, and there's nothing really other than behaviour to base that on.

You just don't get it, do you? SJWs are active, Sup Forums is reactionary. Sup Forums is only reacting to what the SJWs startedin the first place. Cause and effect. Action and reaction.

Daly = GamerGate

Also the trapped bitch, tells him to get psychiatric help but never considers being his psychiatric help even though she's seemingly stuck there forever and ever.

He was all about immersion though. Theres mods that make fallout as inconvenient and realistic as possible

Thing is, Sup Forums will always find something to be reactionnary about. Beta neets bigots don't really need a cause to exist.

He looks like one of the Wayons in White Chicks

Pudgey really wasted the potential of the game

If I had access to that kind of technology I'd go full pic related in 1935 Germany then post recordings of it on pol for lelz

>Thing is, Sup Forums will always find something to be reactionnary about
Yep. And they could have been reacting to gay marriage instead of 'FUCK WHITE PEOPLE THEY SHOULD DIE' if the left hadn't become retarded.

Could they have made a more pathetic character?

He's a rich as fuck genius, partial owner of a huge company, famous among people in his specialty and won't even fuck girls in a simulation.

Why did he make it so that he had to get one of the crew members to beam him up? He should have control over literally everything

The lack of standards cuts both ways: as we can see with chat bots, the problem with the Turing test is that people are easily fooled. Simulation "complexity" is meaningless, not least because, in a certain sense, any general computer program is already infinitely complex. Irreducible complexity is as simple as x_n+1 = 3.999*x_n*(1-x_n).
That said, subjectivity is not a linear algebra problem, and artificial intelligence is a joke.

This is fair -- mind you, these firings are always a PR move done by massive corporations to keep their brand clean. Sup Forums should become anti-capitalist if they properly want to oppose these sorts of firings.
They're both fundamentally reactionary.

>what have sjws ruined

Literally all of comedy. There are hilarious Mel Brooks movies that could not come out today because of fucking faggots like yourself who would arbitrarily protest

>Sup Forums should be anti-capitalist because of all of the commie Marxist shit being adopted

Found the kike or college freshman

>>chad was basically like 'hey faggot got the next release ready'.
He did take all the credit too.

>>He also didn't seem to stand up for him at all in the office to the point that chad employees literally felt comfortable bullying him.
Banter =/= bullying

I would be 100% sure that once McPoyle was fired from #metoo accusations, had a venereal disease, and was not let to meet his son ever again and were cruising down the street looking for street hookers, or when coder girl is pushing mid-forties childless and just about to buy her 5th cat while developing schizophrenia they would all wish they could just enjoy cozy Star-Trek adventures together again.

you need to have your brain eaten out pretty well and done by ideology if you think mitigating the harmful parts of anything, capitalism included, is a bad idea

>I can't really think of anything (at least as far as media, which I assume you're talking about) SJWs have actually ruined.
What is "Marvel Comics"

>This is fair -- mind you, these firings are always a PR move done by massive corporations to keep their brand clean. Sup Forums should become anti-capitalist if they properly want to oppose these sorts of firings.
Sup Forums is not really capitalist. It doesn't have a clear political philosophy beyond being completely against progressive politics.

DNA memory.
You know, the Assassins Creed thing

>like yourself
lawl im sure a neet who posts on Sup Forums has so much power

>if the left hadn't become retarded.
Everyone got retarded, everyone kept egging everyone else on to get more retarded, and these sorts of cultural issues are going to get even more etarded until we address the actual economic concerns of the people bickering over this retarded shit.

These people are retarded because we have a political-economic system that can't better the material conditions of the majority of people, so instead, we have political discussions about how there aren't enough lady billionaires or how some goober disrespected the troops or something. And of course, since culture is downwind from economics, we have people "YAAS KWEEN"-ing or "m-m-muh immigration"-ing over Game of Thrones or fighting about how there are too many/too few Sikh lesbians in the latest Star Wars movie.

No, but hundreds of thousands of you delusional queers taking to social media has been misconstrued as power

>taking to social media
wow so life changing. your observations are powerful, bruh

/o/utist here, what's up with everyone in ep 3 being british, but in Iceland?

>can't better the material conditions of the majority of people

Bullshit. The problem is the average persons desire to consume. Its no ones fault but their own