Can we talk about how kino this movie actually was?

Can we talk about how kino this movie actually was?

>better than any of the marvel cinematic unishit
>doesn't take itself seriously cause it's based off a fucking COMIC BOOK
>loveable loser who stumbles into a way to make himself useful to his daugher and his former wife.
>really hot girl who is set up to play the wasp in the movie, can't remember her name. Very memorable character who is sexy not just because of her looks, but because of her attitude.
>Based MIchael Douglas giving an amazing performance as Hank Pym. Douglas portrays his character as a bitter old man that, despite every thing, still believes in good. It would have been easy to give this role to a character actor, who would work for MUCH less, or choose a huge movie star, Like Douglas.

Is Ant-Man truly the GOAT of all MCU film? This film doesn't feel like the same writers/diretors/producters. How did this even get made and attached to the MCU, did the producers find some small indie director and gave him full artistic control? It is a sad day that this movie was so overlooked while so many shitty ones stayed on.

>GOAT
are you a 40 year old trying to sound hip?

I really liked it too and I hate capeshit. Any recommendations for similar movie.

No? Are you a newfag? GOAT has been a common abbreviation used on here for years. It's like getting mad some said "OTP."

>Hank Pym punches someone in first scene
perfect start
>Hank Pym is unstable and freaks out at his daughter
nice
>Scott lang is a massive fuck up
great
>Ex-family actually allows him to come back into their life
>new boyfriend is shown to be a real bro, just looking after his new family, finally sees the good in Scott and lets him back

It is my fav MCU movie.

Why can't they just make more MCU movies in this laid-back, casual style? I'd way rather watch something like this than BOOM BAM BAZIIIIN and CGI monsters exploding into CGI sludge.That's more boring than about any thing I can imagine. Marvel just make movies about characters instead of big flashy michael bay movies and people will come see your movies again. Ant-man was good because it was a character study. it was all about the growth of Scott Land and Hank Pym.

I like the part where he turns into a smaller version of himself. The comedy was also decent.

I agree. Loved it

next edition, smaller than the first

>Are you a newfag?
wtf is wrong with you. you seem socially needy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. prove me wrong

>>doesn't take itself seriously cause it's based off a fucking COMIC BOOK
Almost all of the best comic book stories take themselves seriously.

such as? inb4 some grim dark nolan or snyder butchering of a classic story.

it's pretty split
Serious
>The Crow
>Logan

No
>Ant Man
>The Incredibles

both can be done well

It's that you Joe? Please give Adam a part in all your films.

Is there even any MCU movie that does take itself seriously?

Iron Man 1?

No, not really, that had a lot of comedy too.

Winter Soldier was pretty serious

This film is great, I loved Hank Pym.

Subtle cuck propaganda

>pay muh chilun support shekels even Thomson am already in a serious relationship again
>no you absolutely can't see your own kid because I said so
>I don't give a shit you can't find a job, GIVE ME VAGINA SHEKELS REEEEEEE

Fuck kikewood

having comedy does not mean it's not serious. Stark was deflecting emotion by using comedy, it was a character trait and used to further his story. It's wasn't just some dance off meme

it was pretty average. the narrative itself isnt particularly good. the new ant man is just "some guy" in a cool suit he didnt make.
i suppose that makes it a top tier mcu movie.

Only the first half.

I said comic book stories, as in: the original stories, in comics. OP implies comic movies shouldn't take themselves seriously, I'm saying they should, when the source does.

>This film doesn't feel like the same writers/diretors/producters
the whole shit felt like Iron Man 1 all over again. Same with Dr Strange

The characters acting that way were not depicted in a positive light, dude.

It was a lot more casual than iron man. Iron Man tries too hard to be BADASS.

can't even tell if this shit is real anymore