AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Information Round-Upt

>Directed by Joe & Anthony Russo ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Score by Alan Silvestri ("The Avengers").

>Jon Favreau ("Iron Man") and James Gunn ("Guardians of the Galaxy") as executive producers and creative consultants.

>Plot centers on the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy joining forces to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Stones to conquer the Universe.

>Featured characters include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Nebula, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Wong, Valkyrie, Loki, the Collector, the Black Order and Thanos, among others.

>Peter Dinklage has been cast in an undisclosed pivotal role in the movie.

>Reported budget of roughly $500 million.

>Release date May 4, 2018.

>Standalone movie that also leads to the sequel slated for May 3, 2019.

Other urls found in this thread:

christianpost.com/news/avengers-infinity-war-cast-news-updates-mantis-kraglin-confirmed-to-appear-filming-underway-173717/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Set one year after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. The Avengers are fractured and have gone separated ways. Steve Rogers has abandoned the identity of Captain America and is searching for his place in the world, while Tony Stark has isolated himself from the world and is obsessively preparing Earth's defenses against Thanos. The movie revolves around them putting their differences aside and rebuilding the Avengers.

>Set four years after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. The team is older and more experienced, and they don't get along with the Avengers at first. They'll be supporting characters and mostly provide comic relief. Groot will have reached adulthood.

>The two groups come together when Thanos deploys his army to retrieve the Infinity Stones scattered throughout the cosmos. They are led by the Black Order, a cabal of cybernetically-enhanced intergalactic assassins led by Corvus Glaive (Terry Notary).

>Thanos is enamorated by the embodiment of Death and plans to use the Infinity Stones to rebuild the universe in her honor. He can be viewed as the main character of the movie.

>Thor, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Nebula and Loki will have major roles in the movie alongside Rogers and Stark. Thor is hellbent on stopping Thanos after the events of THOR: RAGNAROK; Scarlet Witch has "personal stakes" in the mission and is the only one powerful enough to challenge Thanos; Winter Soldier will be seeking redemption and undergo a "heroic transformation"; Nebula will keep seeking revenge against Thanos; and Loki will be acting as Thanos' advisor in the war while pursuing an agenda of his own.

>The movie will be built upon character interactions. Notable ones include Rogers and Stark's strained friendship; Stark's friendships with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man; Rogers' friendships with Winter Soldier and Black Widow; and the romances between Black Widow & Hulk and Scarlet Witch & Vision, plus the interactions between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>Yondu Udonta, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Secretary Thaddeus Ross and Betty Ross are rumored to make appearances in the movie.

>Numerous alien worlds and environments will be featured in the movie.

>There'll be scenes featuring Wakanda.

>Scarlet Witch and Vision filmed scenes where they are attacked by Corvus Glaive and his mistress Proxima Midnight, sent to retrieve the Mind Stone, during a romantic meeting in Scotland . They also filmed scenes featuring the Vision in human form and without the Mind Stone.

>Thor, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Rocket filmed scenes in Asgard, namely at the temple featured in Thor's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>Iron Man, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Hawkeye and Falcon, among others, filmed scenes in an alien wasteland similar to the one from Stark's vision in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>Loki will be acting as Thanos' advisor in the war while pursuing an agenda of his own

A good choice for their Mephistopheles proxy

But I WANT Mephisto in the MCU.

I also want Spidey in MCU to have a One More Day arc.

So what the fuck happen to Ant-Man?

>I also want Spidey in MCU to have a One More Day arc.

>But I WANT Mephisto in the MCU.
Christians will freak if they find out demons are in the MCU.

It would be hilarious to see the cartoons try to tackle them though...

Dormammu is a demon.

>romances between Black Widow & Hulk

FUCKING STOP

>>Set four years after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. The team is older and more experienced, and they don't get along with the Avengers at first. They'll be supporting characters and mostly provide comic relief. Groot will have reached adulthood.
I want to see Mantis beat the Hulk.

>>Thor, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Rocket filmed scenes in Asgard, namely at the temple featured in Thor's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.
>>Iron Man, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Hawkeye and Falcon, among others, filmed scenes in an alien wasteland similar to the one from Stark's vision in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

...well, they're certainly milking Tony for all his worth...

I hope Kraglin is there
Just like being around

Inter-dimensional demon

He's been confirmed on set.

To be honest, I really want to see the Guardians interactions the most, but I get a gut feeling we'll just see RDJ dominating everyone like always.

...also really want to see Black Panther. He's like the only Avenger in all of this who doesn't annoy me.

>He's been confirmed on set.

Sean Gunn is Rocket's mocap performer. The character Kraglin hasn't been confirmed yet.

>To be honest, I really want to see the Guardians interactions the most
Same
Gunn has managed to create actual characters instead of just walking powersets

I have a concern about the film...I think the Guardians have more at stake fighting Thanos than the Avengers. I mean, three of the Guardians have direct ties to Thanos, while all the Avengers are oblivious to anything past the Chitari

Like, I see a scene where Tony is just walking in front of Thanos going "See, you're not gonna come out on top. Any way you play, you lose" and not seeing it work at all.

>Yondu Udonta
PETE'S FATHER IS DEEEEEEEAAAAAD!

christianpost.com/news/avengers-infinity-war-cast-news-updates-mantis-kraglin-confirmed-to-appear-filming-underway-173717/

First result of "Is Kraglin in Infinity Wars"

So I assume Infinity War will be Hulk's first ass kicking by Thanos yes?

I wholly expect a scene where someone chews out Tony/Steve about how Thanos is just an inconvenience to Earth but a fact of life for everyone else.
And I really hope that it's one of the Guardians who does Thanos in

Yeah, but Betty is back too

It's kind of amazing that Gunn defined the team so well compared to how established the Avengers are.

Case in point, who is Thor's closest friend in the Avengers?

Of course
Gotta do the Worf Effect

It's either Drax or Hulk who is gonna be bitchslapped by Thanos.
Since Ruffalo is likely looking out. I can see Hulk totally biting it

hulk

You can go even more basic than that
Just ask "What do the Avengers think about each other?"
Aside from Steve and Tony, it's hard to define their relationships without some major guesses.
I mean, Civil War made Tony into the "bad guy" but there should have been something before

The Guardians feel far more organic and real than the actual humans of the Avengers.
I mean fuck, the MCU is a series where a fucking talking bipedal raccoon has more development than all the other wholly human characters.

I kind of want the Avengers to really feel like they're out of water. Have the Hulk get blown the fuck out a couple of times in the film.

Also, I want to see Ant-Man and Groot. I think they would be good friends.

He died in Civil War throwing the "water truck".

You can see the effect of real talented directors with that answer

That NZ guy doing Ragnarok makes Thor into a character and retroactively forces character relationships.
He's got fucking talent

The other Marvel movies (excluding GotG) doesn't have that knowledge that good movies need people to care about other people

Quasar movie when?
Sentry movie when?
Nova movie when?
Thunderbolts movie when?
Namor movie when?

I want two moments with the Hulk.

The first being Mantis beating the Hulk with a single touch, because her powers are made to stop him.

The second, I want the Hulk to charge at Thanos, like it's gonna be a big hit, and then Thanos, in complete control of the fight punches the Hulk out with precise punches. Like, Thanos doesn't even get pushed back by the Hulk.

Ant-Man and Rocket
That's where it's gonna be.

Or Scott and Peter
Rudd and Pratt are so god damned charismatic that just being together on screen will be effective.

Probably gonna turn him to stone, like that Dormammu moment in the comics

I just want Hulk to prepare to slam his fists into Thanos but Thanos catches his fists and slowly overpowers him

fucking watch this be the closing moment of the trailer

That's kind of why I hated how AoU had to build up the Steve/Tony hate.

In fact, I'll say it, I really don't like how Tony/Steve/Bucky/ and soon to be Spider-Man, dominate the MCU so much. Does anyone find the irony that Falcon is supposed to be Cap's good friend, but it immediately gets overshadowed by Bucky?

I'd say more Rogers. Have Thor and Bruce even interacted prior to Ragnarok?

I lust for tense stand off scenes where Spidy breaks to tension by reflectively mouthing off one liners.

>>Peter Dinklage has been cast in an undisclosed pivotal role in the movie.

Pip the Troll confirmed?

Peter and Peter are gonna have a quip collision at some point

Dinklage doesn't take jobs where he's explicitly a dwarf, if I remember correctly. At least not anymore.
He hates it.

Predict the deaths.

this, more than likely he's either going to play MODOK in an opening sequence or he's voicing someone, probably Uatu

Big name actors don't make it through
They all want release from the contracts

RDJ is 100%
Scarjo 95%
Evans 75%
Ruffalo 80%

Everyone else is likely to live.

Cap. Hulk will probably take over after "Ragnarok".

they fought, the most intimate interaction two straight men can have with each other

Hulk and Not that hard even whenn you cherry pick

Vision.

Stark won't die. He'll retire.

Cap dies. Bucky takes over.

Thor doesn't die. Keeps being main character.

Black Widow doesn't die. Keeps being main character.

Banner doesn't die. Retires.

Either Drax or Nebula dies.

I guarantee you this scene will happen.
>>Avengers in spaceship going into space.
>>All of them are looking out of the windows
>>Noises heard in a back compartment.
>>Everyone looks tense and prepared to attack.
>>Spider-Man rolls out of a compartment.
>>Tony "PETER?!"
>>Spider-Man "Oh! Hey guys! I saw you were all going on a mission and thought I could-WOAH! Are we in Space?!"
>>Tony "Kid, why did you have to-"
>>Spider-Man "Oh man! This is awesome! OH NO! What am I going to tell Aunt May?! I have Homework to do!"

I don't think Tony's character arc allows him to retire
What with his obsession of saving everyone

And Drax won't die
He's by far the most popular Guardian

All he has done with Hulk is fight him.

Didn't Tony already retire in Age of Ultron?

Also, Drax could die. I mean, they always push Rocket, Groot and Starlord as the main GOTG.

I thought the same but maybe having a child with Pepper will help.

Tony can't stop retiring
He retried in Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron and Civil War...

Starlord is the defacto protag of the GotG but I wouldn't say he is the real protagonist in GotG2.
If someone added up all the screen time, I don't think he'd be number 1.
Drax is definitely the comic relief. More so than Rocket. Maybe tied with Groot.
I don't think they'll kill him
Who is going to talk about penises and nipples otherwise?
Mantis, I guess but still.

Couldn't Mantis power also backfire and potentially do harm to her?

If she feels what Hulk feels, and he is pure rage, won't she have some psychic backlash or something?

It's definitely a potent interaction

The Russos would be idiots not to have the emotional monster meet the emotional sponge

>The first being Mantis beating the Hulk with a single touch, because her powers are made to stop him.

>fight scene against Thanos round two
>Hulk asks Mantis to make the most mad she can
>"what about you drax?"
>"I'm mad enough"

>Yondu
Fake.

Half the universe.

>Drax, Hawkeye and Scott talking about family and stuff

>They all want release from the contracts
>Scarjo 95%
Literally every single project, aside of voice acting, she has been in the in the last years has tanked. I doubt she wants out of the only successful work she has.

>>Mantis gets super mad and tries to smash stuff.

>Rocket and Vision talking about how they didn't ask to be made

This is something I want to see.

>>fight scene against Thanos round two
>>Hulk asks Mantis to make the most mad she can
>>"what about you drax?"
>>"I'm mad enough"

I like it.

Except Vision never said that. You're thinking of Wanda.

>hurts herself
>Drax: You are very small and weak. Do not try to break things stronger than yourself, like this flimsy desk or... cardboard.

Exactly
Vision seems to be at total piece about his creation
Rocket isn't

Vision can offer peace to Rocket.

>>Mantis does a rage scream
>>Starts punching Falcon who is standing next to her
>>"OW! Stop!"

Wanda has the highest stakes of anyone, really.

Except that's not what you said.

>highest stakes
>Wanda
>not Drax, Gamora, or Nebula

lolno.

She has issues with herself, and maybe the US goverment.

If anyone from the Avengers has stakes with Thanos it's the Vision and Thor (after he destroys Asgard).

That is what I said
They're both created beings and of course they didn't ask to be made. No one does.

But Rocket is hungup over it and Vision is not.
It has to be Rocket to bring up the subject but the conversation would be a good one

>Thanos kills Hawkeyes family

>Rocket and Vision talking about how they didn't ask to be made
Learn to properly form sentences that encompass what you want to say, you dumb pig.

>Hawkeye goes berserk and attacks Thanos
>dies
If only
There are a lot of deaths due for this movie, but I doubt they'd go so far as to have "pointless" deaths for the sake of deaths

>Thanos rapes Scott's family

Get out of my mind, Gordon!

>imply Hawkgod won't take care of Thanos' little invasion with Yondu's arrow

>Thanos fucks Wasp
Fund it

Ok Bruce

Oh please, Wanda got over her brother's death 5 minutes after it happened.

>Steve Rogers has abandoned the identity of Captain America and is searching for his place in the world

Nomad?

Your illiteracy is not my problem

>Whedon
Kinda bummed the Russos didn't touch the subject. At all, like not even one scene of Wanda mourning her dead brother after the accident happens and then Viz tries to comfort her?
Nope! You get paprika instead.

>>when trolls go to far

>Thanos acquires the Infinity Gauntlet. The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy rally an army to confront him.

>Thanos defeats them. All heroes die. Galaxies are destroyed. Stars die and planets crumble.

>Steve and Tony are the only ones left standing. Steve echoes his speech about winning or losing together.

>Tony manages to retrieve the Gauntlet and undo everything while Steve sacrifices himself to stop Thanos and can't be revived.

>Steve ends up being the only "real" death of the Infinity War. Tony passes his shield onto Bucky, having finally forgiven him.

>Thanos is punished with eternal life on a faraway planet, with no memory of what has transpired and forever denied the touch of his beloved Death.

Screencap this.

Guardians are a family unit.
Avengers are a team/family broken into dysfunctional cliques and factions.

Bruce is close to Tony (and later Thor) and (uggh) Natasha.

Wanda is close to Vision, Clint, and Steve.

Steve is close to Sam, Bucky, Natasha, Clint, and Wanda.

Tony is close to Rhodey, Bruce, and Parker.

Vision is only close to Wanda and Thor.

Natasha is close to Steve, Clint, and T'challa.

There are alot of divisions:
Steve Vs Tony
Sam Vs Rhodey
Wanda Vs Tony
Thor Vs Tony
Bruce Vs Wanda
Clint Vs Tony

>I also want Spidey in MCU to have a One More Day arc.
>he sells his relation with uncle Tony thus also serving as writing him off the MCU

To be fair Paprikash is like a religion in Hungary

No farm. No sell.

>post credits scene
>Thanos: "who's there?!!"
>???: "oh, hi, my name is Adam, i'm looking for someone you might know..."

Nebula will likely bite it but not Drax. You can't kill any of the main Guardians in an Avengers movie. Whereas Nebula can just be mentioned as dying offscreen in GOTGv3 and it will work fine for Gamora's arc.

Cap
Wanda
Vision
Nebula

All will die/ some will do a "Poochie" and "ascend".

There can be a farm on that faraway planet.

Though I doubt they'll let Thanos live. Test-audiences will demand his head for all that shit he does.

Adam Warlock will have to show up in Infinity War 1
Due to his Infinity Stone

Test audiences can suck a dick.

if Thanos dies he wins.

>Wanda

Nope.

>Everyone else

Yep.

He had the most chemistry with Cap but after Ragnarok it's going to be Hulk.

But yeah I get what you mean.