Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cp4yBIW12b4
youtu.be/8guxsR0k_AU?t=85
youtu.be/xliy6ZZd1Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=D4dT2eBWI2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Redditors of the Memery 2: Electric Boogaloo
Guess.

I loved it. But whacky-feelsy character-driven space shit is my favorite. Same reason Farscape is my favorite TV series. In fact this movie kinda felt like a long episode.

The hivemind tells you le ledditmovie. Obey the hivemind or lose 4chin gold membership. Insert credit card details to continue,

I know
I kept thinking "This is reddit this is memes" as I was watching it
But...
I couldn't stop myself from enjoying it

It actually focused on who the characters are instead of what their schtick is.
Like the Iron Man movies are all about how Iron Man is a guy who wears armour. And Captain America is all about how Captain America is Captain America.

But this movie focused on who they were as people.

groupthink says "yes"

we also says "it's one of the best MCU movies yet with the best MCU villain yet"

>we

Patrician taste my friend.

The two are really similar, even with the Earther having something "special" about them.

Yeah you have to give Gunn credit for developing all of them as people. For instance, Bendis Rocket is just a murderous meme but Gunn Rocket is vicious because he's a broken little frankenstein. He's an actual character.

What I liked about Vol 2 is that Quill was actually a side character
So much of the movie was really about Rocket and Yondu, and Gamora and Nebula

Peter's conflict was just a vehicle for everyone else to develop.

Honestly, this would be my favorite marvel movie if it wasn't for 1 thing; some of the jokes felt unnaturally forced in, like the fruit "joke" and Pac-Man.

A lot of moments would have been better if they just played it a tiny bit more serious.

Yeah I agree

The one that really stuck in my craw was the "trash panda" thing
That's a modern fucking meme
How does Peter know that?
I'd buy that maybe he visits Earth all the time and just doesn't care to stay
But the end shows that he is clueless about modern Earth

Guess you gotta get those meme bucks

agreed

there were a couple of moments that I was just thinking "really? now? they had to go for the joke now, when I was really getting into it?"

otherwise really enjoyed it though, meme-wackery aside

villain was GOAT

>trash panda is a modern meme
underage detected

Every day this place looks less like Sup Forums and more like Sup Forums.

And if you're fine with that, remember what comes after Sup Forums in the stages of hivemind retardation.
No, it's not Sup Forums.
It's Sup Forums.
Don't say i didn't warn you.

this post is accurate

What the fuck do you think "Sup Forums" should be like?

Tell your audience exactly what your characters are feeling and explaining the character arc is bad writing. Also multiple scenes that where intended as humour come off as tedious and filler. Cutting the action to go to some scene lengthy scene where the explain what button to push to the autistic baby tree was terrible.

Also I don't get how killing Ego takes away the celestial powers. He's still a half breed; his powers really shouldn't be depended on whether daddy is still alive or not

>Watchers show up
>Make Stan Lee's existence almost canon

>Also I don't get how killing Ego takes away the celestial powers. He's still a half breed; his powers really shouldn't be depended on whether daddy is still alive or not
He's not half Celestial
He's half conduit of a Celestial
The core of Ego was the real power
His avatar was only made to channel it
Peter had the ability to channel that power and when it died, that ability was useless

Ego had millions of years to stockpile energy

>What's the groupthink say?
Sup Forums mostly liked it. They loved the emotional part, but hated half the jokes/quips. Also was surprised Baby Groot wasn't more prominent.

What?
"Trash panda" is definitely one of recent reddit memes

Music was fucking good in this movie
It had relevance that the last one never got

>And if you don't love me now

I don't go to Reddit so I never heard the trash panda meme. Was just a funny joke to me.

Saw it this afternoon, enjoyed the hell out of it! Especially Yondu .....(WHY DID BEST DAD HAVE TO DIE?!?! NOOOOOO!!)

Anyway, two questions...

>Who is Slyvester little group suppose to be in the end credits?

>Who is Adam?

Pleb

But what Sly's group is the original Guardians from the comics and Adam is Adam Warlock

I can look down on you because I googled it faster

>groupthink
>wanting help for enjoying something

Just enjoy what you enjoy, user

Trash Panda is a meme? I thought it was a reference to how raccoons are related to pandas and are known to dig through garbage.

Raccoons are related to pandas like you are related to rats

They are entertaining movies.
That doesnt mean its a good movie though.

Ego straight up says they can't maintain their celestial powers off the planet surface.

What are red pandas?

The most forced meme in the movie is ironically the one that never took off: Gamora mispronouncing David Hasselhoff's name as Zardu Hasselfrau. It's mentioned here:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cp4yBIW12b4

And they try to bring it back in the chorus of Guardians Inferno at the end of the movie:

youtu.be/8guxsR0k_AU?t=85

But it hasn't resonated with folks.

As oppose to "good" unintertaining movies

I liked that joke. And the goofy disco theme.

still need to see this

It's both better and worse than you think

trash panda has been around since 1984 when panda's were a big deal and all over the news

Why did they need Vin Diesel to voice Groot? They could have gotten literally anyone and it would have sounded exactly the same.

They didn't pay him for this did they?

A different species that's not actually related to pandas but is actually related to raccoon and skunks.

People like Vin Diesel.

AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW

It was pretty decent. 7.5/10

This is probably what made the movie in my book.
We basically have 4 character dynamic pairs
>Peter and Ego
>Progenitor and Spawn
>Both relatively selfish but one rejects potential attachment for their selfishness where the other's selfishness is driven by their attachments

>Gamora and Nebula
>Two siblings, one who will do anything to survive and the other who just doesn't want to suffer alone

>Drax and Mantis
>Neither has a blood family, but one has actually lost theirs and is rebuilding where the other has never had one to begin with
>Drax is inherently stoic but still feels strongly, Mantis seems to be mostly docile except when she's empathing

>Rocket and Yondu
>Both were abandoned by their parents, and both are fathers to other characters (Peter and Groot, respectively)
>Both lashed out at the families that took them in, (Ravagers and GotG respectively)

Incidentally, this is the biggest weakness of the movie, they tell instead of showing a lot of the main arcs.

There is one stand out in my book for good performance though
>Drax reminiscences about his dead daughter
>Mantis reads him and starts sobbing on point
>Drax is able to laugh at everything that happens, despite his loss
>Mantis never even realized that caring for your children was a thing until she 'read' Drax

The juxtaposition of stoic Drax and sobbing Mantis is kino as fuck

What is moving the goal post?

The bomb was crucial to their plan and Groot has always been bad at following orders, even as a full grown Groot in the first movie.

Again, what's funny about this movie is that after you actually get into it, the story beats are obvious but the execution is so stable and solid throughout (nothing incredibly stand out but it builds) that those cliches feel earned

>Big reversal with musical number
>Viking funeral
>It was the power of love and family all along

Its funny because there are certain really well shot scenes that keep coming back to me
>Drax remembering daughter

>Father: "What greater meaning could there possibly be?"
>Dad: "I don't use my head to move the arrow, boy, I use my hear-"

>The movie ending (post-credits not included) on a quiet, sentimental note of Rocket realizing he really is loved despite his bullshit

>Tell your audience exactly what your characters are feeling and explaining the character arc is bad writing.
this makes me angry!

Well and that scene is also important for the plot (sort of).

Mantis is clearly okay with Ego killing his kids and doing all the shit he's about to until she reads Drax and realizes that "no, wait a second, this other dad feels bad about his daughter being dead, something's up"

If Yondu and Rocket weren't about to save Quill when they do, Gamora and Drax would be the only ones around to do so.
On a side note, anyone else turned on by how well done Nebula and Ayesha were with that dominant undertone in their acting?

It's not forced, it's a throwaway joke in a character-building scene. And of course they brought it back for a song sung by DAVID HASSELHOFF.

that was really stunning. and I'm talking about their relationship as siblings. I have a brother and it didn't feel "off" like in some movies.

top acting, top writing for these.

For the 1st one they had him dub Groot in all languages.
youtu.be/xliy6ZZd1Ik
I imagine for this one too.

His name helped get attention for the first one. Also, why not have him? It's not like money is an problem.

I'd give it a 7.5/10. A lot of the non-Drax humor falls flat, but you can't tell me you didn't have an 'OHSHIT' moment when Kurt dropped the bombshell.

I will say that Nebula's turn was forced and didn't seem like a natural character progression.

The fact that they didn't make her 'The Pirate Queen' during the mutiny sequence made me slow clap, because that would have been the easy, stupid way out.

It's a legitimately enjoyable movie and, as a filthy casual, I'd recommend it.

DCfag who has never read one goddamn issue of any GOTG comic

I enjoyed the shit out of this film

I think I love Yondu now

The hive thinks this movie was enjoyable, engaging, and entertaining. However, it missed greatness by having one too many forced jokes. It is above average for Marvel cinema.

I always like to imagine Stan Lee is the one above all playing in and enjoying the creation he made.

The problem with Nebula is her face turn really should take place in the final fight with Thanos where she turns good and helps the GotG defeat him, while probably dieing in the process. Unfortuantly the Thanos fight is going to be the big send off for all the other MCU characters so there won't be any room for her to have her spotlight. So they have to wedge her turning good into this one.

becue vin diesel is great with such characters

youtube.com/watch?v=D4dT2eBWI2M

I thought it was easily one of the best Marvel movies to date. It always seems that cosmic marvel movies work way way better than earth bound. I think it has to do with the fact that no one really knows/cares about cosmic Marvel aside from a few.

I loved Drax and Mantis. The scene with them on the planet got me a bit misty. As a family man the movie pulled on my heart strings quite a bit with it's themes. Peter meeting and being disappointed by his dad despite really wanting to like him reminds of many kids I've worked with and I find it touching. Gamora and Nebula also touched me quite a bit.

I hated Baby Groot for the most part, but the scene where he is dejectedly walking to Rocket after being abused was particularly poignant.

It didn't disappoint and I'll be waiting to snag it on Blu Ray.

Also tons of waifu bait in the movie. Ayesha and Mantis being my favorite.

Krogarr appearing was the only thing that made me kind of discounted/angry. How in the fuck does this guy now magic? He was taught by Strange? I don't know. I thought it was a cool nod to comic fans, but it just seemed out of place in the MCU.

Not an "OHSHIT" at the big reveal, more of a "... really? "

Would've been more interesting if he wasn't 100% moustache twirling evil. But this is the house of mouse

6/10

It's more Disney than Marvel.

It was cute and simple. I liked that it focused more on family than romance. Overall a cute, colourful family movie.

>family movie
translation: "I-I'ts meant to be pathetically childish"

Too bad it wasn't childish.

While I did see this movie high. I thought it was shit. I felt like I was watching a kids movie, the graphics terrible, the jokes were wack, and it was just a cash grab for groot merchandise. Through out the movie" I kept saying is this the movie? maybe when a good torrent comes out ill watch it again. I feel that it's a conspiracy people like this movie.

>gags every five minutes
>incapable of having a serious scene last, lest the kids get scared
>drax poop jokes
>everything related to drax and his loud laugh
>baby groot
>pacman

This, basically. Yondu's funeral was godawful melodrama.

too many dick jokes

I don't get my panties in a twist whenever I watch a movie that isn't specifically made for my age group. Nothing in the trailers where made to fool you into thinking this was going to be anything but what you got in the theater.

>they announced it would be terrible so it's okay
Excuse me for expecting the quality of the first movie.

Excuse me for not finding it terrible, albeit very simple and not as enjoyable as the first.

Sup Forums has become far to contrarian
It wasnt this bad when I fled Sup Forums all those years ago from the great trap invasion, but Sup Forums influence due to company wars has tainted this once solemn ground.

Best joke in the movie for me was when Drax got the name of that battery completely wrong then corrected Peter later on it still being not even close.

Listen to yourself. If someone disagrees with your opinion then it means the board has gone to shit.
The movie was shit, just deal with it.

The movie was great, you deal with it.

Whoa whoa whoa, there's a new guardians movie?!

Pass.
I'll pass.

I liked it a lot. Without time spent on introducing everyone there was more time for character development.

Didn't watch it, and probably won't until it airs on tv maybe. I've only seen the first trailer and that told me what kind of movie it was going to be. The MCU really does not do comedy very well.

As someone who thought the first one was unremarkable in every sense of the word, I fucking loved this film.

Hey my post from last night got a you!

Its not dissenting opinions I cant handle friend, its bullshit ones. If you so much as mention tumblr, memes, or reddit in your opinion, then you dont have one.

Shits pathetic. Some people didnt like guardians 1 cause of the end having that dance gag distraction, thats an opinion. Some people start talking and typing like retards to bash another website and specifically "reee" at "normies" and anything they percieve as popular. Its the very definition of contrarian, trying do fucking hard to create an online image on an annonymous image board instead of discussing shit. A good discussion is a rarity and peoples defense is "this is Sup Forums". Well if you want this place to exist so fags can try and one up eachother in an attempt at feeling a slice of supiority in life, your winning.

That's nice.

...wow, did someone you know work on the movie? Is that why someone saying they're not interested in it got to you so much?

From perspective of this movie and Ego/Meredith relationship, the soundtrack from first movie gains new depths too.

Father and Son was on Zune though.

When someone says "I haven't seen thing,but I hate thing, and I feel compelled to post about thing" the That's Nice kitten is entirely appropriate.

She declared willingness to go for killing Thanos in the first movie (which admittedly happens just 2 months before the first one), so the turn didn't had to be as long as you are making here.

>Krogarr appearing was the only thing that made me kind of discounted/angry. How in the fuck does this guy now magic? He was taught by Strange? I don't know. I thought it was a cool nod to comic fans, but it just seemed out of place in the MCU.
>Implying that magic is Kamar-Taj exclusive

I pretty much agree with this. The family themes and emotional stuff really got me good, but a loooot of the humour didn't do anything for me, but it wasn't offensive. The baby groot stuff at the start was meh.

But I enjoyed the emotional stuff enough that the weaker parts don't bother me. Also a lot of the humour did land for me. I liked the Drax humour a lot.

The one bit that kinda bothered me was Gamora getting suspicious so fast and 180ing on Peter finding his family to having his family already. Like, I get how she got there, but I could've used a little more screen time. Maybe a scene with her and Ego.

>a loooot of the humour didn't do anything for me
>Also a lot of the humour did land for me
I meant "enough of it landed for me". There are a fuck ton of jokes in this movie, so these can both be true.

>The one bit that kinda bothered me was Gamora getting suspicious so fast
The whole crew already knew it could be a scam from the beginning. They just don't know the scam could destroy civilizations.

Am i the only one that got Ang Lee's Hulk vibes from this?

I had a cool dad

I'm not saying that it's exclusive. Far from it actually. It's just that Krogarr has so much of his character and backstory tied to Strange. He uses the same magic as him in the scene.
Thats fine and doesn't mean anything, but they could have used slightly different looking magic make it red or green and look slightly different. That would at least distinguish him from his comic counterpart.
It just felt like they took a huge part of his backstory and wrecked it leaving a hallow character on screen for a single scene

worse than the first and pretty bad

it's just an easter egg dude, chill the fuck out

krugarr is not a character to get all "NOT MUH" about

>You look like Mary Poppins
>Who's that? Is he cool?
>... Yeah, yeah he is

Genuinely felt really great.

Every thread has to have a discussion topic. No two active threads can have the same discussion topic. This prevents unproductive conversation.

When commenting, you check a box
'for' or 'against' the topic at hand. There is no shitposting box.

If a thread hits a certain threshold (say 80%) of either for or against, assuming there are >100 posts, the thread will be locked as further discussion would be unproductive.

Storytime threads would get special privileges so as to not be culled before the completion of a story.

Am I the only one who thinks that the only reason Baby Groot wasn't dancing when Drax was looking at him because of the whole "Those who dance, and those who do not", and Groot just wanted to be perceived as kinda badass/not pathetic by the dad/uncle of the team that is Drax?