Luke's death

Who here got chills when Luke died? Him dying while watching the twin sunset got me really emotional. It was a nice little nod to his characters defining moment in ANH.

Hard to get emotional when he died as a scared bitch who made other people clean up after him

i thought it looked pretty funny desu

I thought it lingered a bit long and was kind of on the nose, but then again, it did take a good 6 seconds for my audience to figure it out and go "OOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!" loudly. So maybe it had to be that obvious. Scene was good shit.

I just hope Mark Hamill doesn't kill himself

hard to get emotional when every emotional scene was undercut by marvel humor. fuck rian johnsonl.

I honestly don’t know what even killed him. Did he Force too hard or something?

The scene was beautiful, but his death felt really unnecessary.

someone in the row in front of me farted just as he disappeared. it was hilarious

I found it very unnecessary for him to die, so when I realized he was dying I just got angry. It didn't help that in the very next scene both Rey and Leia are essentially telling the audience that Luke's dead and we need to accept it and move on, which just made me feel contrarian and dig in my heels more on my negative opinion of it all.

It's okay, Mark. Have faith.

i'm guessing that Force projection is not an easy thing, we ve never seen it again.

its about to get even worse. they are basically setting up for an all powerful ghost luke that can do whatever he wants in the physical world. the only reason they added force projection into the universe was so they could have an easy time writing and moving characters wherever they want. its all marvel shit now

name 3 dramatic scenes undercut by humor

by the end of the movie Luke was the old Luke. him and kylo had complete arcs

every time they told a joke

them and Poe. Poe will be the next leader of the resistance

wow movie must've been very dramatic for you.

He decided to become one with the force because he was finally at peace. sure, the sith lord nephew he helped train and push towards the dark side, the one that killed his friend han, is still alive and might kill more of his friends, but he helped the resistance not get killed one time, so it's fine.

i felt literally nothing, the fact luke skywalker went out like this is fucking pathetic

he also trained Rey

fuck off retard
there's a twin sunset in almost every fucking Star Wars movie
I got emotional alright, I got angry when they murdered his characater and made him drink titty milk and he thought about killing his nephew, like nothing in the OT fucking happened and he learned nothing

Disney shills have started to arrive on Sup Forums in their feeble attempts to do damage control.

Taking a break from pretending to be an edgy cunt, the combination of music and shit makes it hard to not tear up a little bit. But if you ignore the Disney emotional manipulation you realize it's shit and belonged in a better film.

he was the most powerfull man in the universe. he faced the FO alone while being in a secluded island. he didn;t went out like a bitch.

a broken heart

>there's a twin sunset in almost every fucking Star Wars movie
is there also a luke dying in every SW movie?

Farted TOO hard

he was ready to go

Luke's arc:

>Become a jedi and blow up a space station, defeat the sith and restore order to the galaxy
>train a bunch of jedi and accidentally turn one evil, then the rest of the jedi either die or turn evil
>hide on an island for 30 years while kylo kills han solo and the dark side threatens to take control of the galaxy again
>create a force hologram so the resistance can escape one fight
>"I have done everything I want to do, I lived a good life, I will die happily now that the dark side is actively taking over the galaxy, and kylo is still alive, because there's a really powerful jedi who can fix everything probably. Even when I commit sudoku, I do it because I don't want to have to face any problems myself."

Kek

probably the only bit i liked

i appreciate the honesty

I'd like to think that looking at the sunset, his own beginning and end, Luke simply saw the true nature of the Force, as it connects everything, and became one with it. It's appropriate for someone of Luke's level to ascend while still alive, when others had to die to reach the perfect unity.

He didn't. He helped her with a meditation that didn't help her at all, and she swung her saber a bunch at a rock, something I feel like she could've done on any other planet with rocks.

Luke was actually the most realistic character in TLJ.

The Rebel Alliance has been fighting the Empire for 50 years and accomplished jack shit except getting people killed, and in TLJ they show their leadership is so pathetically incompetent that the audience suspects them of being First Order spies. Given the choice of fighting for these people, is it really surprising that someone would give up and go sit on an island drinking titty milk for 30 years? Seems like Luke made a pretty good decision there.

They only fucked up at the end by making him die from a force hologram, he should have just half-assed the hologram and gone back to drink more milk.

he helped the resistance survive and he trained a new ''jedi'' to pick up the mantle. it would be cool for him to survive because he was the best thing in the movie but him sacrificing his life while taking on alone the FO is a very luke thing for him to do

If by "facing the first order" you mean "doing absolutely nothing to hurt them"

That would be a pretty sitthy thing to do

Howd he train Rey again? Feel like I missed the actual training

I got chills because I walked out of the cinema

Rey says it didn't help her but she came closer to the force

He let her swim into some black seaweed pit and let her beat him up with a stick or something.

>securing your reputation as a fucking legend
>securing your nephew's reputation as an incompetent bitch in front of his entire army
>accomplishing your stated goal of dying on comfy myst island
>having a final moment with your sister
>all without leaving your couch
>coming back as a ghost in ep 9
Pretty fucking good if you ask me.

Luke isn't dead. He just disappeared.

he faced them with a specific objective in his mind(to buy time).

What were they thinking anyway, making Rey level 99 straight off the bat, don't need no training, knows everything about the Force, even though her parents were nobodies and she had never even heard about the Force a week ago. Luke could've had her do at least something practical between the scenes.

well said. he also helped the remnants of the Resistance survive

>securing your nephew's reputation as an incompetent bitch in front of his entire army
Nah. From a distance it would just look like Kylo Ren killed a Jedi master.

if there is a man that deserves perfect unity, it's luke skywalker

We need a smug Luke wojak for this.

>Him dying while watching the twin sunset got me really emotional.
I felt pretty numb after the movie shit all over the character and gave Luke a meaningless death.

It wasn't even a twin sunset he died watching

I was angry. It seemed like they didn't even remember Luke's character when they were writing him, but oh boy, do they remember the binary sunset from ANH. It was a really cheap thing to do, but it was even cheaper to play that theme AGAIN with the slave kid looking at the sky. Fuck this movie.

Yes it was?

>dies as a whiny bitch instead of a wise old man
>suicides just right as the first order is taking over
>last action involves a le disney marvel joke
>pretty much a complete failure

most disgusting thing ive ever seen in my life and i watched 9/11 on live tv.