GTA

How would you go about making this into a TV/Film project?

>Anthology series.
>Each Season set in different time and city.
>Keep all the antagonists, and protagonists from each story.
>Focus on keeping the tone of each story true to heart with each season.
>Along the lines of True Detective at its root, but a bit more over the top with its action, and dialogue.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Grv7Cx8Q440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It would be difficult to do the game as a movie, but it can be done. Hire some satirical ass writers and great world builders, and I think the movie could work. Definitely tell the GTA V story first, and then do each major games story, (GTA 3, 4, and San Andreas.) Then make each side game a tv show, gay tony, lost and damned, vice city... That's where you do the anthology, the world is already set up and all you'd have to do is make some interesting ass tv.

That's a very intriguing way to introduce the world.
III
IV
SA
V
The all have very different tones, and themes attached to them; which is why I think this world has major potential for the future.

It already has been done, it's called Scarface, or what Vice City was entirely based on
Hell, there's even a radio station on GTA 3 that is just the Scarface soundtrack

Make each movie unique, yet still feel apart of the same world. I know cinematic universes right now are huge, but I'm more along the lines of connecting the movies like how Tarantino does with his. Different actors in each movie and in different time periods would be a way for the creators to not have to rely on connecting characters to each other, this allows for more free storytelling

Make it a poorly written tryhard juvenile shlock piece of shit

gta is kind of derivative as it is, maybe just watch heat?

Unironically, let Michael Bay direct. In terms of humor, characters and visuals Pain and Gain is everything I'd want from a GTA movie.

Vice City > A L L

>GTA season 2 (GTA III) takes place in portland
>The wire season 2 takes place in portland

They already know how to write trailers, itll take just a lot of scaling to get each scene up to par, which many studios forget to abide by.

>The wire season 2 takes place in portland

Fucking what? The entire series takes place in Baltimore.

Has one man ever been so right? But do you think it will just empower him with too much shlock in mind to just stuff in? The transformers movies aren't real cinematic achivements, they're just incredibly budget friendly

I would do the Fargo treatment.

Each season takes the feel and certain aspects of the GTA universe and makes it into something new.

Just watch vice squad,its pretty much a 1 and a half of some pimp beating the shit out of hookers

It's already a movie.It's just that the movie bits are interrupted by gameplay. Literally no value would come of this.

just think of something to write to this, nothing will seem good enough

youtube.com/watch?v=Grv7Cx8Q440

what did they mean by this?

That doesn't mean it didn't pose its own aesthetics but I wholeheartedly agree that it draws almost too much in certain aspects

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there's no point in making a movie or tv show of GTA because it's already a cinematic narrative. I don't understand what new value people think they'll derive from seeing the same stories televised.

Sons of Anarchy is basically GTA

So...
>Martin Scorsese III
>Quinten Tarantino Vice City
>John Singleton SA
>David Fincher IV
>Michael Bay V

Yeah I dont think anyone can quite do that, everyone is talking about just the name and its recognition at its best face value

>David Fincher for IV
No.
>Macheal Bay for V
No.

V is practically Heat. At least get Micheal Mann.

David lynch SA lol pretty good but I would switch martin and michael it would be a better torch hand pass so to speak

>Pretty much everyone agrees with Quint and Vice City

Other than all that you have to figure out who makes the first two, and that might as well be Bay

American Made was pretty much Trevor airfiled missions.

>tfw Lynch directing Truth scenes
lol
Yeah, ending with Martin, and starting with Bay would look, and feel better.

GTA would probably work better as a live action TV series desu