Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

KINO AS FUCK. Why arent people talking about this? Best movie of the year. Fuck Ladybird. Sam Rockwell fucking killed it.

Sam Rockwell is literally "our guy". fuck goose

He's lame. Moon was shit.

>muh meme dancing!!

I like Sam and Goose. I'd like to see them in a film together.

fuck off cunt. he is a great actor. fuck off back to your capeshit. not his fault you are dancelet

DELETE THIS POST

It's not in my theater.

this to be honest desu. would be kino. goose plays his autist self wheras sam plays the role of the playful companion

As I walk out of the theater, I saw a female midget telling her boyfriend that was the worst ending she's ever seen.

Print is out desu

What do you guys think? Did they off the rapist soldier?

came to bump a thread about an actual good film and not more star wars memes

i say no the entire movie was about revenge there was really no reason for them to kill a rando

I liked it, but I had some problems.

There were so many interesting characters and events crammed into the movie, I honestly thing it would have made for a better TV show in the vein of Sundance's Rectify. I think that also caused some pacing problems, and Lord of the Rings Syndrome where there's like five good points where the movie could end but it keeps going.

Other than that, and the fucking deer, it was a good movie.

yeah i feel like there was a link between the deer talking scene and the woody harrelson horse scene right before he offs himself but I cant figure it out

BASED

Just got back from seeing it. Definitely somewhere in my top movies of the year. The only thing I don't get is why hasn't McDonough made more movies than he has?

Dont know man but he definitely should make more. His characters are great

Anyone?

I don't get the message of the movie.
Do turbo dyke liberals like this exist in Missouri?

i dont like how it "ended".

This was not a good movie. I don't know which one was Sam Rockwell but it doesn't matter because the writing sucked and the tone was all over the place

i thought it would an sjw fest but it was pretty good and enjoyable

did this release?

>t. Beta

Agree !!! Finally the American cinema ppl waited for a long time. Love simple storytelling. It will be interesting to see this year’s Oscar cuz having pure cinema on one hand but there is complex film as fuck, yet it has leaser edge. I really hope the child play comes to the end user.

> I don't know which one was Sam Rockwell

You're too young to be here.

>I don't know which one was Sam Rockwell
kys baka

Dishonest filmmaking at its worst. It comes off as a ninth-rate Coen bros movie (if it'd had Deakins doing the cinematography, it would no doubt be hailed the 'BASTE KINO OF YEAR DUHHH' by all the cheetodusters). McDonugh's shitty pseudo-Tarantino dialogue is as stilted and unfunny as it's ever been. That part where the kid is complaining to the mom in the car because of the billboards is laughably bad. Here's hoping 2018 will be a better year for movies. Here's hoping dishonesty and chicanery will be replaced with honesty and integrity.

Better than 90 percent of the movies released this year to be honest

How red was this movie? Pretty fucking red.

nice. he was cool

Not very good. Awkwardly paced (especially the opening, which felt very rushed), shot like a TV show, humour fell flat almost completely for me and I don't think the writing was as clever as it wanted to be.
Every character is an unlikable asshole (which is the point, I know) and you're just left enjoying absolutely nothing while you wait for the story to inevitably redeem them, or at least give them greater depth than they initially appear to possess. This is a foregone conclusion (there's no way they'd cast a talented actor like Sam Rockwell and then have him play a totally one-dimensional piece of shit stereotype). Many of the actors in less important parts were genuinely terrible (the son comes to mind).
I found absolutely nothing to enjoy in the first half, it picked up a bit after the police chief kills himself but not enough for me to recommend it to anyone.
I was kind of looking forward to it as well, since I've genuinely enjoyed at least one other movie by the director.

Nailed it

Movie lasts 10 minutes too long, has a slow introduction, and multiple scenes which are out of place if not completely unnecessary.

It does, however, have some of the best character acting of the year in Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, and Peter Dinklage, great drama in the screenplay, and an overall theme which is consistent and compelling. One of my favorites of 2017.

Fuck this racist shit.

>Anti-Cop propaganda

Fuck off back to reddi t

what racist shit

kys faggot all the cops were likeable

Right on cue.

give me a break, anytime some real kino is threaded it gets two replies and disappears, this place is pleb central

its afro-american torturing not nigger torturing

Strong acting performances interesting plot but you kind of get blue balled at the end
Sad that his guy will ever top In Bruges

It’s even worse. It’s plebs that think they are patrician for watching entry shit.

Kino of the year!

Oscar's locked in:
Best Actress
Best supporting Actor

High contender for Best Picture.

Decent movie, but fell apart during the third act. The writing got more and more ridiculous as each minute passed.

Really good concept and good acting, but really poor execution.

I unironically think it will get at least one oscar

That is true, I am lucky I guess that I live in a house with two film fanatics and one that actually works on movie sets, so we have some really fucking deep grand movie watching sessions. I'm here because this and other boards can still make me laugh, it's never someone's GRAND POINT dragged out into a skip worthy argument, it's always the side comments and memes that get me.

McDormand's chances are literally 100%.

How was this? I have quite high expectations so i hope i won't be disappointed.
Limited release for now.

Because it's basically off-brand Coens and McDonaghs should stick to Ireland. It didn't know if it wanted to be moving or edgy and ended up neither. The finale was shit. Two protagonists ride off into the sunset hunting rapists? Please.

*McDonaghs should stick to Brendan Gleeson