Batman #23 Storytime

The strangest team-up in history...

It's The Brave and The Mold!

WHERE IS BUTTON

Flash ad.

Oh jesus.

Give it too me straight. Did they remember Soule?

wait what happened to the button

Thanks for the story time, Norrin!

based thawne

>tfw you found the biggest stick in the world[/spoiler]

Guess he really is gonna make Barry his son

kek

H E L L Y E A H

Poor kite man.

Guy Fieri sells kites in Gotham?

It's in the Flash.

Oh hey, that was actually some detective work. Checked a video, noticed perp wearing some new expensive jewelry and the checking out the origin of it.

IT WAS ME BARRY !! I WAS THE AD

KITE MAN! HELL YEAH!

heh

Alfred puts up with a lot of shit
>that family painting
WO HO

The Flash doesn't usually rip for a couple hours more.

Fortunate, since I'm at the limit of threads per IP address.

this a really well done page and everyone should appreciate it

>Alfred has to clean out Swamp Thing stains and dirt from out of the Cave, Car, and furniture

Is this Swamp Thing?

Is this supposed to be Alan Moore

that's useful

Turns out I have one more storytime left in me tonight.

Superman: Thanks for reading.
Support the official release.

S to pay respects. So long, Bernie.

Damn...

whoa wtf Batman let's Swamp Thing know his identity?

ST isn't exactly the tip top Justice League guy you can trust with every secret

Woah.

I'm... not quite sure what I think about this. It was interesting, I'll give it that.

who's Swamp Thing going to tell?

Swamp Thing probably just knows. He is connected to all the plant life on Earth.

KITEMAN

>WeinWrightson tower

Nice.

Swamp Thing is connected to all plant life. He pretty much already knows everything that's happening everywhere in the world if it's something he needs to know.

>Running Scared.
I've always loved the names of the Flash arcs and this is no exception.

damn son...

King really has boners for Irish /lit/ references, well literature references in general. He also referenced an Irish rhyme in Bat/Cat issue.

Did you miss the part where he instantly knew someone's location cause grass told him?

how the fuck do you know one crocodile tooth from another from just a glace accross the room?

We clearly need more comics like this one
Didn't realise how tired I was from all this 3+ arks

now that King has written a story of Batman being an actual detective, what will Snyderfags have over the run?

shape and color, duh

even says he's tangled with the dude who has a bunch of them

or his cowl took a picture and he checked later

10/10 Kite Man: great villain or greatest villain?

>I'm guessing you two are previously acquainted
Yeah, Alec wupped Batman's ass

Always fun.

Yeah this is definitely Moore, even has typewriter.
84 is the year Moore began his Saga of Swamp Thing.

turning a guy into a tree is probably the most fucked up thing Swamp Thing ever did

King has become such a meme writer.

wheres the FUCKING BUTTON

>Alan Moore is Swamp Thing's dad and was living in a building named after his original cretaors

what's wrong with this issue?

Shit that was good. The ending hung a bit... maybe could've used a few more pages, but I feel that was intentional. I'm very happy with this issue.

Quints confirms it, we need more done-in-one issues.

Yeah okay but Batman seems like the kind of guy who would line his costume with some kind phytophagic mold just to make sure nothing so much as a cyanobacteria could peek under his mask. Not just fucking shrug his shoulders and let the M Night Shyamalan plot twist know where he lives.

Wow, I really liked this issue. Last couple of pages packed in a surprising amount of emotion.

There's the King's touch of 2deep4u that this title desperately needed. No seriously, this is awesome.

You know, a couple pages ago I was rolling my eyes thinking "oh boy, batman is getting pissy because swamp thing doesn't share his no kill rule", but holy shit that was actually really well done.

It would have been alright if not for that final "hell yeah" that pushed it to full on memery.

Nothing, issue is fine, I just don't appreciate this kind of cheap fanservice. My kind of fanservice is a character singing "My Wild Irish Rose" which this issue also had. I just think King is a writer above "Kite Man, Hell Yeah."

This was a really good issue

why is it cheap?

He has to take off his mask sometime, and there's plant life and mold everywhere.

WILL YOU FUCK OFF WITH THE KITE MAN ALREADY? FUCK YOU.

The painting is Snow Storm by J. M. W. Turner.

Honestly, I like this issue had something for everyone. It had Kite Man shenanigans for people who liked that, it had My Wild Irish Rose for people who like that and to top it off it was wrapped around a pretty good story.

Wish more comics were like this issue.

I wonder if Jason still gets butthurt about not being in the portrait.

I think the painting is Snow Storm: Steam-Boat off a Harbour's Mouth by Joseph Turner

>tfw no Swampy ongoing

I liked this and the Superman annual, and it nice to see him in Hellblazer (despite the writer's lack of knowledge of the new 52 run), but I really prefer him in his own title.

art was nice too.

I don't know about his ST characterization though. really slow speech and dehumanised dumb. More plant than man

Because it's an obvious low hanging fruit, because it's a fanservice without any intellect.

he was acting mate, didnt you read the ending?

>really slow speech
Well King is a Moorefag.

So you hate catchphrases then like "Booya" and "Up up and away" and stuff? Is that what you're trying to say?

he wasn't acting, he didn't suddenly drop the act and sound like recent Soule ST

see

He had slow speech, but he didn't seem dumb.

>disheartening
Understatement of the year Bruce "dedicated whole life to vigilantism and suffer forever" Wayne

If you don't think Kiteman is a meme character then you're out of you're mind my dude. He literally runs around saying his own name. He's in the fetal position scared half to death and all he can say is his catchphrase "hell yeah".

If they're done for meme or fanservice purposes, definitely. This is different. This is more a reoccurring gag done intentionally for fanservice purposes than a harmless catchphrase.

Look what I found at lunch.