Just bring something red or yellow to the set today. I'll explain later

happy new year Sup Forums - Shelley Duvall

Red and yellow are very photogenic colours. For him to recognise and deliberately implement that in his shots is impressive, assuming that's what he did.

he pairs them off frequently in the last 3 films

Are you talking about the banner in the scene from full metal jacket? That may have been intentional, but almost every single signs on a marine corps base is the yellow on a red background. Goddamn everything are those colors.

yeah. everything on the base in Full Metal Jacket is red and yellow. the platoons flag, the signs outside. red and yellow are paired a lot in The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I’m saying IRL that’s what every sign on every marine corps base looks like. It’s not like he decided to use those colors in particular, though he may have chosen to keep them, they were always that color anyways.

*chosen to keep them. I think we're in accord here.

I think this 9/11 stuff is clutching at straws. The idea of a person like Kubrick, as intelligent as he was, being able to foretell a devastating terror attack 20 years in the future, is very far-fetched.

With the preconceived notion of him being a super intelligent being, and with the connections he undoubtedly had, he becomes an authoritative figure in the eyes of certain people, supposedly knowing all secrets, using his clever movies as a vehicle to "put the truth out there".

Pieces of art (and arguably his films are) can be interpreted in multiple ways, but that doesn't mean that any or all of those interpretations are true or even apt.

good sir, do you even CG Jung ? Nowhere do I speak of foretelling or supra intelligence.

fin.

born again hard

Then what do you think he was trying to tell his audience with a backwards R, and a panel door which sorta looks like two 1s but not really?

I think Kubrick creates a space for the audience to tell themselves things that they already know.

There is really no other way to write that letter backwards. Try it. Not easy, As far as the doors, go look at one of yours. Does it look like that ? Mine does.

I mean. Is the audience even paying attention ?

also brap

brrraaaap

Part II : In which Hal Ashby and Peter Sellers go rogue

Barry Lyndon (1975) ends with Franz Schubert Piano Trio in E flat
Being There (1979) starts with Franz Schubert's Symphony No. 8 in B minor

this is about to get weird

but first. take 5.

it is my contention that shortly after he read Jerzy Kosinski's novel Being There, Peter Sellers got high as shit. Shortly after that he had the idea to adapt it into a biopic of Stanley Kubrick. Sellers then sought out the only director crazy and talented enough to pull it off, Hal Ashby.

so first, let us leave the world of Barry and Kubrick behind, seemingly anyway, for the wonderful heart-filled world of Mr. Hal Ashby and Peter Sellers.

the old wealthy man is dead. enter Chance.

Chance enjoys The Mumbly Cartoon Show which debuted September 11th, 1976

Chance has one person he can really talk to and she looks a bit like Scatman Crothers from The Shining

after leaving the house for the first time, Chance sees himself on television, on the moon.

only to be hit by a limo containing a hottie little gold digger in an ermine coat

Peter Sellers in a wheelchair.. again. Strangelove.

now he is living in his own Somerton. The Biltmore Estate.

proceeds to cuck dying guys wife
buryhisass.exe

struts to the overlook hotel
gotta wrap up early
you get it
right ?
happy new year !