Royals #3
A Maximus story

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/05/12/jonboy-meyers-replaced-thony-silas-royals-4/
twitter.com/Jonboy007007/status/863078042947551233
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reading right now.

MAN, Ewing's great.

Did OP just up and died? It's happened in like three storytimes already.

I keep getting connection errors. Check the catalog the threads have slowed to maybe 10 post a minute and no images are getting through.

Rynda's hair is cute

It worked, now time for things to get weird

Was having similar slow posting issues last night. I thought they were on my end, but perhaps it was from the site?

That might have been the precursor for today's posting mishaps

keikaku doori

Thanks

this scripting is pretty radical

So terrigen is the philosopher's stone.

Man, I know that wasn't an Initial D reference, but I really want it to be.

Weird, I thought the old guy was Black Bolt the entire time.

Too bad the art can't keep up

it does ok

>well, whose children should we experiment on?
Ah, there's the Inhumans I know and love. It's been so long.

>it was a maximus story all along
That's pretty cool.

That was fucking great! Thanks

Jeez, they really aged in 16 years.

I like Jonboy's style but it doesn't fit the Inhumans.

Medusa is such a bitch, I actually hate her so fucking much.

>sup Medusa tell them all about the death torture prison you wanted to send me to and now BB is there instead because you put him there lmao
Based Maximus

Well somebody read Dune.

>Maximus is conscious of the timeline of his entire life both past and future and able to commune between himself at different points in time

The man is actually playing 4d chess

They did that intentially...to make a "what a Twist!"

Nice, this is one of my fetishes
What a magnificent bastard

Now we're getting somewhere. This is so much better than the first 2 issues. Kinda reminds me of Agent of Asgard and the more out there issues of Ultimates.

Speaking of Ultimates, this week's issue was complete garbage.

good ol' events derailing everything

It was really underwhelming. From the solicits I was expecting half secret empire and half Galactus, but in the end we got like 2 pages of mildly interesting stuff.

We got to see Galactus in maximum over-chill mode, but otherwise, yeah. Glad the Secret Empire tie-in is only one issue.

Jonboy wasn't the artist.

where the h*ck is Ultimates and USAvengers

inhymans are a priority, because they must be shilled no matter what

literally, the worst franchise ever, but it's always the first to be storytimed. meanwhile, I don't remember the last time we had Black Panther, nor Dr Strange

he's totally Reed's real dad, isn't him?

But Reed's real dad is Kang's ancestor

bump

This single page is more Inhumans than literally anything that's come out in the post-Infinity era

Same issues when posting earlier

bump

In the Win-O thread.

have y'all seen this?
>bleedingcool.com/2017/05/12/jonboy-meyers-replaced-thony-silas-royals-4/

walking off three major assignments in a short time (Spawn, Teen Titans, Royals)... what an ass

What's the problem with Jonboy?

fuck yeah

the Spawn one makes sense.
but as for the rest...hes not that great of an artist to be pulling this shit.

he walked off Teen Titans because he didn't want to do Lazarus Contract

no flipping clue why he left Royals though

4 actually
He was the original artist for X-men gold but walked after doing the designs

twitter.com/Jonboy007007/status/863078042947551233

>not screencapping or copying that protected tweet's contents

He should venture in the creator-owned world next.

Oh. You don't say.

Thanks user

I still don't understand why Hickman tried to make this seem like a mystery. He had Maximus' clothes, he had mind control, and Maximus was the only member of the cabal whose destination was unknown. At least Ewing had the decency of not stretching the twist for more than a couple weeks, and even then it was slightly more difficult to call.

X-men Gold is crap. I don't blame him.

Except for Rachel's costume. He can go to hell for that

Hickman had some semblance of plan, but things started falling the fuck apart after Infinity and by the time Secret Wars rolled around, he was basically flying by the seat of his pants

No problem

To be fair, it wasn't much of a mystery, but it did get to a point that it seemed like some real confrontation where he would've revealed himself just wasn't going to fit into the story at all, so the reveal was done in such a small way.

do we actually know that hes walked off Royals, or is it just him not being able to keep schedule and Marvel replacing?

Nope it was just reported that he wasn't doing chapter 4. He was solicited for 5.

we don't know the circumstances other than #4 getting re-solicited without him

Jon is definitely a slow drawer but from the looks of things he just looses interest in the work and leaves by choice.

Crystal is not for bullying

The best part is how the quote stretches through the stages of his life. It's not merely a continuity reference, it takes something from old continuity and makes it significant for the story. It's like the verbal version of what Morrison did with characters like Dr Hurt.

Why doesnt BB kill Maximus?

Didn't BB once rip off Maximus' arms with his voice?

Black Bolt loves him and blames himself for Max going mad. Which we now know was just Max's almonds getting activated by his voice. BB is more protective of Max than he is of Ahura or Medusa.

disintegrated his hands, and now he has gloves that he never takes off. Probably mechanical hands but I bet Ewing won't skip the chance to make it something crazy.

holy shit I got shivers

Some of those are mind control and the other she didn't know BB was a Skrull.

The Johnny stuff I agree.

And even after that Black Bolt had the chance to move on but he didn't.

He choose the cuck life.

>re-solicited
More like changing one of the solicitation details only.

then walk off his own book like Joe Mad.

If Jon is really gone I hope someone other than Silas takes over. Something off about how he draws their current selves something with face throws me. Which is weird since old Maximus looks great in this chapter.

hopefully if Jon is permanently off, Silas uses his own style instead of aping Jon

What about working for other visual media than comics?

wtf I love Maximus now.

holy shit, to think out of the greatest shit show would come...this. Fucking perfect.

>He kept Black Bolt's clothes for the next 5000 years.

I am sure he does these on the side already.

they're good clothes

>Maximus's 5,000 year plan