JSA Storytime: X-Statix

Good evening owls,

first, the backup

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_vbJ9ChN3g
twitter.com/PULPH0PE/status/863800530912653313
youtube.com/watch?v=WNbJ-LNQ-eY
twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/864880929944338432)
youtu.be/294X_1TYklg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry for ditching you all the last two days but I just got my PC back

yay for the PC

what was good today?

LONG LIVE THE LEGION
youtube.com/watch?v=h_vbJ9ChN3g

shit happens

it runs real fucking fast, now

dat imra hair tho

All I read was Wildstorm and USAvengers and both were things I guess.

yass

I heard Comics Twitter was more of a shitstorm than usual today but somehow none of it filtered across my dash

Seeing some people say "Actually, maybe Secret Empire will be OK" after today's issue was a lol.

Every time I see you storytime, I think that Justice Society of America's getting storytimed.

If you have any links please share them because I need the lulz and maybe the eating of crow

(All I've read today is Wild Storm because Griffles is husbando)

> Darwyn Cooke
A year ago last Sunday

twitter.com/PULPH0PE/status/863800530912653313

Who the fuck is Corkscrew? This is dumb.

been known to do that too!

We started off that way and just wandered along but the name stuck.

This was the backup to the first issue

AND NOW, back to the shitstorm in the town taken over by the fucked-up kid

Invincible was good but I'm pretty sure you don't follow that. Button finale stuck the landing. People are getting triggered that Steve delegates the more gruesome tasks to his underlings like any good fascistic dictator. The eagerness with which people are jumping on Spencer (not to say that he doesn't deserve a good portion of it) is ridiculous.

In other news, crankypants still hates crossovers.

>Lightning Boy
You tried, NRS.

Hello Storyteller.

Summer is hot and fucking miserable. Hate.

I admit I haven't been reading Button either

"Say cheese"

But they're wearing their newer costumes.

>Hate.

I've made myself mad by net-stalking a bunch of young professionals today whose lives all look insufferable but also ones I'm deeply envious of. Why.

Anyway, I'm not gonna hang around. Just in a terrible mood. Thanks as always OP.

>"_heese"
Dunno why the C symbol had a slash across it.

take care of yourself, user

Why the fuck are the Founders and Brainy in Injustice 2, and why are we the only ones who care?

Please don't let this lead to any 31st century Regime bullshit.

>In other news, crankypants still hates crossovers.
Blow me.

They were in the Brainiac Lego DTV too. Just the way DC is choosing to promote them right now I guess.

Watching people realize that Saga is inevitably descending into grimdark bodycount is oddly satisfying

Is Cork meant to be read with a Midwestern accent? I'm hearing his dialogue in one.

daaaaaaamn

I want the last Lego Marvel game to go on sale because I want some mindless fun but not at full price

Who died in it now? It is set during a war.

>Please don't let this lead to any 31st century Regime bullshit.
Well, there is Superman's ending...
youtube.com/watch?v=WNbJ-LNQ-eY

>Does to look like the face of mercy to you?

Hey thread.

Thanks for recommending Einstein on the Beach, OP, it ended up resonating with me more than I could have anticipated. I haven't even looked up its history on Wikipedia yet because I'm having so much fun trying to interpret it myself.

Haven't listened to the '79 recording yet though.

SECRET EMPIRE EXPANDED TO 10 ISSUES

God, Superman vs. Dr. Manhattan is stupid bullshit, but even that is a better idea than Marvel's constantly expanding annual events.

I swear, next year they'll announce a 5 part event that will somehow stretch into 2020 as it bloats to 18 issues.

>Izabel, even though she's a freaking ghost (desu I think that was foreshadowed a bit though.) Alana's unborn baby. And oh yeah, the entire family of friendly ferret aliens they had just befriended.

And yet they still won't kill off The Will.

the Met production of Satyagraha, which is on video, may be the best thing I have ever seen live.

Delet this

One of the people auditioning to join Statix. He killed the guy he was sparring with, which is why he's being put through this "exercise."

Yeah, and Imra was voiced by Kari Wahlgrenn, reprising her role from the animated series. It's like they were pandering to me in particular.

DC's Legion push has been weird in that it's subtle-ish. I swear, the slow build has been torturous, but effective. They keep popping up in random places, and it does keep you on the look out even in stuff you wouldn't normally care about. Crafty bastards.

Everything about how Marvel's handling this conclusion makes me sick. It shouldn't have been a big event in the first place.

I am not surprised and yet I am somehow deeply disappointed

I did like the suggestion

>If it turns out that HydraCap is sent-back-Bucky all along I'll laugh pretty fucking hard.

>Hoo boy. I need a raise.
Can't say I didn't see it coming.

Is comic twitter ever NOT a shit storm?

It's just like one of my harem animes!

I didn't realize you were reading Saga, OP.

>second spoiler
Do you think they should have by now? Sounds like BKV anyway.

Never.

Maybe not a full discussion with a lot of back and forth, but I liked people taking about how many panels were in that page King posted (twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/864880929944338432)

I think it's just one personally.

>I admit I haven't been reading Button either
Your loss

No, but I gather The Discourse was in full stride today

Colleen Doran likes to subtweet some of the more obnoxious personae

I'm not right now--I know BKV too well--I was quoting someone

As a burned Thunderbolts fan, I also hope all of that bad things happen to Bucky.

>First panel
youtu.be/294X_1TYklg

>Zemo finds out his husbando is fucking Bucky
>betrays him and saves the day

lmao

I know, I know, but I'm also remarkably unspoiled for it? I just haven't had enthusiasm for much lately. I've been in a lot of dull pain.

Genuinely not. It's a product of clickbait: comics news is always chasing a controversy, so there always IS a controversy.

>Laura Allred: Colors
I knew one of the Allred was involved in this.

>Say cheese

IKTF. When you have these days or weeks without passion it's eroding.

Take the word "comics" out of that and you now have the entire basis of modern news reporting.

>I heard Comics Twitter was more of a shitstorm than usual today

One plus side of falling into the Persona-hole, I find myself not giving a fuck about what nonsense Marvel and DC are pulling.

I did get some reading done while the PC was in the shop but then I was also using my phone to refresh Twitter furiously

Hey Tex. Why is Odyssey of the Amazons so fucking boring and generic? Why is it the one Wondy spinoff we've gotten in ages has virtually fuck all to do with anything Wondy related?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, am I the only one who actually kinda liked the Maleficent movie?

I've read one book in months; I feel bad about it.
Actually now that Thunderbolts is done a lot of my Bucky hate has faded.

I wanna play NieR because people I know are like totally in love with it but it's still $60 and I'm a cheap bitch

>am I the only one who actually kinda liked the Maleficent movie?
Yes.

I do think Spencer has a bit of a Bucky hateboner from Bru misusing Zemo, honestly

The PS4's monopoly on weeaboo games has me seriously considering caving and getting a console again.

Well, PC is in full working order now?
You have ascended to the ranks of the immortals in the PC Master Race, and are now fully committed to ethnic cleansing everyone with lesser BIG COMPUTER NUMBERS?

OT: on a recent drive down to Houston I spent five hours listening to the P5 OST, despite the fact that I probably won't even get to play it for several years because no PS4.

I don't really understand why it was made, it gives no insight into the Amazons and features none of the named Amazons who will be in the movie.

Someone today said it seems more like they just took a generic fantasy/mythological script and slapped some Amazons on it and I'm inclined to agree with that.

Things started to make sense when I looked up the writer and found he's one of the co-creators of the Underworld franchise.

working on it but it boots in like 15 seconds now, it's amazing

I originally was just going to play NieR and Automata, and then I found out they're a sequel to the Drakengard series. Then I found out just how fucking insane the Drakengard continuity is. Like, there's fucking PLAYS and shit that are relevant to that canon.

Sadly, my curse is being a mad bastard (I once went all the way back to SMT...If to absorb the Persona timeline), so I know I'm gonna have to do it eventually, I just need to find the PS2 games.

I am still weeks behind.

I read... ...the end of the Button of what's new? Thawne time travel shenanigans are kinda old to me at this point. Maybe they always were, given that the big example of it is killing Barry's mom, which is a tremendous "oh fuck off" point to me.

I'm glad I'm into fucking weird were games that don't go to the PC, because with the myriad of car problems I have, there's no way I can afford a half decent gaming rig.

I don't think you actually need any of Drakengard or even the original NieR for Automata. It's pretty complete and independent as a game (and .v. good). There is a fuckup metaplot though so I guess if you like that, get into it.

Everyone in Drakengard is a horrific human being.

I got mad and sold my ps4 after my account got hacked and Sony banned me for my trouble but man I really want to play P4 and Nier and FFXII

I'm only going to play Automata myself, because I'm a shameless Platinumfag like half of Sup Forums

I can get Nier on PC but no Valkyria, no Persona, no Nioh hurts.

me too, as if I have the time to devote to console gaming

Is this the thread where people have played Shadow Hearts 2?

>even the original NieR
NieR's ending is so damn final that I'm curious how it could possibly tie in to a sequel.

I mean Your character gets erased from existence and everyone's memory and then the game deletes your save file.

A Vita TV will let you play the first 5 Persona games in some form or another, unless you specifically want P5.

i didn't know storytime was happening tonight!

i haven't read any comics today

unfortunately it's the last storytime until Tuesday because my schedule sucks

Or period. Fuck outta here.

I think I'll still choose to abstain from it on the grounds of not really giving a shit.

There at least a good reason given for Thor forgetting that global domination is a bad thing after he lived through The Reigning?

i actually started JLA Detroit for fun a few days ago.

This totally didn't go the way I expected it to.

That reason is "That was ten years ago the writers didn't know about it."

That last panel doe.

I'm thinking of going back to storytiming now that things have calmed down. Not the Great X-Men Storytime though, not yet. Maybe something smaller.

nothing could possibly go wrong

EVS apparently apologized for his outburst last week

Man, I saw some stuff about shit he's been doing for ages that makes him basically out to be a mean-spirited Sup Forumstard all the time. Back away slowly stuff.

didn't he apologize and donate to an anti-suicide org right after it happened? not surprised people were still mad about it though

Congratulations, you've discovered the truth of the digital age: The Internet was a mistake.