Did the real tommy wiseau see the disaster artist?

did the real tommy wiseau see the disaster artist?
what was his opinion of franco playing him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aT1gOazMMm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't you do fucking ANY effort?

sorry but ive spent all my energy fucking your mom.

it tore him apart

Yes, he was happy with Franco's performance and said it was 99% right, then complained to Franco that the 1% was about how he threw the football.

He apparently liked it a lot, which is weird because it paints him as a self-important moron who terrorized his crew and felt personally offended when everything wasn't about him

either he didnt get it or he has some kind of self awareness.

That couldn’t be more wrong

>which is weird
>be Braziloromanislovakiastani waiter in Paris
>want to become famous in Hollywood
>go there
>make horrible film
>it's so horrible that you become rich and famous because of it
>two A-Listers make a movie about you and your movie, making you even richer and more famous

Nigga I'd like a movie that portrayed me literally murdering disabled children if it drove a million eyeballs to my paid content

I hope you are aware that he is mentally challenged and he can't understand sarcasm or irony

If you can stomach Jimmy Kimmel here is an interview where he talks about this

youtube.com/watch?v=aT1gOazMMm8

He wants to be seen as a "difficult genius" like Kubrick or Hitchcock.

It's been year or two since I read the book. Do I just remember wrong or did they leave a lot of things out of the movie and changed stuff around?

Anyway it seemed like they got all the "meme" (like tv would say) actors together and made this movie.

This. Part of what makes Tommy interesting is that he only has a very superficial understanding of everything related to movies. He knows that emotional actors like Brando and James Dean were seen as good, so his idea of good acting is screaming and being overly emotional. He knows movies about drugs and cancer have won Oscars, so the throws scenes referring to drugs and cancer in The Room without context and think their presence makes the film better. Pretty much everything about The Room is a demonstration of that, and the same goes for his directing style; good directors are seen as controlling and overbearing, so he thought he needed to act the same to be a good director.

They definitely changed a lot of stuff.

They changed some stuff and left out a lot of things

The movie should've been longer than what it was

Then I guess I wasn't imagining things. Usually don't care, but if it's about something that happened in real life. Don't really see the point of changing things. But who knows.

>keeps comparing it to ed wood for no reason at all

was it kino?

after watching like 50s of The Room I felt like I needed to watch the original first?

Tommy appears in a post-credits cameo, so I assume he was alight with the movie.

James Franco talked about how they had to negotiate for Tommy's life rights to make the movie, and one of his stipulations was to have a cameo. I can almost guarantee that another one of his stipulations was to leave out some of the stuff in Greg's book, especially about his past.

The book was about 10% about Tommy's past, 55% about Tommy and Greg's friendship, and 35% about making the room (alot of the room chapters, are really about Tommy and Greg's friendship, that's why I put this percentage so low). The movie was about 50% Greg and Tommy's friendship and 50% about the making of the room. Maybe 60/40. There's was very little about Tommy's past, and I'm sure that was one of his conditions during negotiations.

This. The Room is being shown in theaters for a day, he's working on something with his fren again, and he might get to go the Oscars. He's also had some years to get over being pissy about the original book.

Is that the post credit scene? I'm need to download the movie just to see that. I can't believe I missed it.

That he wasn't nearly attractive enough.

yes, it's right at the end of the credits

but its fucing nothing. just Tommy talking to Franco as Tommy. who cares?

what movie is the bbc in?

my God
for your information it's Tommy as Johnny Depp talking to Franco as Tommy

>for no reason at all
>he keeps comparing this movie about a guy whose ambition vastly exceeded his ability and made a movie so bad it became legendary to this other movie about a guy whose ambition vastly exceeded his ability and made a movie so bad it became legendary
>for no reason at all

i'm halfway into it and it's disappointing compared to the book

I loved this. It also reminded me to download the alison brie leaks. Win/Win.

>Tommy as Johnny Depp talking to Franco as Tommy
Guffaw as if that revelation makes it worth sitting through those credits. Could you tip your fedora any harder?

it's alright, user, one day you'll get it

O Hai Betty

I just think Tommy is neat desu

Franco and Tommy were on Stern a few weeks back and anytime Tommy would speak, Franco would break in to his impression of him. It was a good half hour of Franco fucking with Tommy. He was getting so annoyed.

memes aside, i cant really imagine tommy to be a likeable person at all.
maybe on a surface level, but not even sure about that.

my name tommy with capital go away