How could someone unironically like this piece of trash film?

How could someone unironically like this piece of trash film?
I have never in my life seen a movie this pretentious. It has become my new bait to detect pretend cinephiles that always throw "you just don't understand it" as an excuse for a bad movie.

I just knew while watching it that this would be well received by shit critics. >Oh my god have you seen that part where she hits the pie for literally 5 minutes? So POWERFUL! What did you just say? It would have the same effect if it was a 10 seconds shot? PFFT! You don't understand REAL cinema!

How would a 5 minute shot have the same effect it it was a 10 second shot? Do you even know what the "effect" of that shot is? Or the entire narrative of the film in general?

Oh man, that ghost looks like someone covering themselves with a bed sheet. The cgi budget must have been shit

He's supposed to look like a person covering himself with a bad sheet, not an actual ghost. Watch the film before making dumb statements like that.

SO DEEP DUDE!

Wow dude you are SO intelligent :o

How is a portrayal of man covering himself with a bed sheet alone deep? Are you legit mentally challenged?

I asked you a simple question, how would a 5 minute shot have the same effect it it was a 10 second shot?
You just replied with a brainfart.

Sorry, I heard it was trash so I never got around to watching it.

At least watch Dolan movies if you want good pretentious movies, this is honestly just trash op is right

It's soy horror. Aka garbage drama marketed as horror to trick people into watching it. Notorious examples are the witch, it comes at night, the void, etc. Only redditors like it and will call you underage or Le pleb if you critique it.

Why is it trash in your opinion?

>Dolan
>good

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not even marketed or presented as a horror, anywhere. Are you making pathetic conclusions just based on the cover alone?

At least the witch and it comes are night are actually good

I wasn't into it, but I wasn't hating it until this cuck showed up and spelled out everything in such a heavy-handed way.

I think that monologue scene is supposed to represent normal people trying to discuss concepts that they don't fully understand, but yeah low point of the film definitely.

Wow... So deep dude... Have you seen the shot where the ghost is looking outside for 4 minutes... So powerful... Damn we are so smart for understanding real cinema like this

The film is just a decent experience, nothing inherently "smart" about it. But you just keep embarassing yourself post after post.

>DUDE WE SHOT IT THROUGH AN INSTAGRAM FILTER BECAUSE ART LMAO

oh fuck off

That was my first post on this thread

But I can tell you're the same person defending this shitty movie since the beginning and I can also tell you think you're mentally superior to everyone here, probably because that movie made you want to smell your own farts and like it. Are you the director, perhaps?

>That was my first post on this thread
yeah this and this wasn't you at all my dear samefag friend

I thought it was OK you got to see stuff from the ghosties perspective for once

>he calls the composition of a frame a "filter"
Embarassing.

I liked the trailer. Still haven't seen the movie, but I'll get around to it in time. I remember Tree of Life and anybody who liked it being called pretentious, and I love that movie. I think some of you faggots just get pissy that other people might like shit that you don't. OP's a whiny cunt.