What happened?

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/04/30/business/media/nbcuniversal-childrens-channel.html
thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/05/16/nickelodeons-the-thundermans-set-to-reach-landmark-100th-episode-and-greenlights-new-live-action-series-knight-squad-333012/20170516nickelodeon01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spongebob killed the channel

2006. Due to the Viacom/CBS split in late 2005, a management shakeup occurred at Nick. Cyma Zarghami became president, the network became shit and spammed only one show(Spongebob) constantly while every other show is mistreated or pruned.

>Cyma Zarghami

funny, CN just put a "can't pronounce" in charge of programming and it's TTG 24/7

Everything went down hill when Spongebob ended.

Silly user, it hasn't ended, haha.

this.

Wait what the fuck? I swear it ended right after the Movie.

t b h the newest season is the best one since everything after the movie.

Spongebob, like the simpsons and sesame street, will never end, why do networks keep their shows running for fucking decades?

>TTG 24/7
Yes.

Hopefully pic related and the other new shows bring some life back into that channel

Are you seriously asking that?

Oh, forgot that its becuase networks still profit off their long running shows

2004-2005 was when it all hit rock bottom. The cancellation of "Rugrats," "Hey Arnold", "CatDog", and "Rocket Power" and the appearance of bland replacement shows like Catscratch and The Xs was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Invader Zimm.

>cancellation of "Rocket Power"
Good.

>Catscratch
>bland
>implying that the cancellation of rocket power was bad even though rocket power sucked

how the fuck is this a cat.

Nickelodeon died in 2006 when they started showing unberable shit like Shuriken School and Mr Meaty and also those god awful holly hobbie and friends movies.

*unbearable

They changed the logo to this uninspired crap.

>and Mr Meaty
I thought CN was the edgelord channel

>the cancellation of shows that had done their due and were starting to rot (even then Arnold and CD ended production in 2001), before adding new shows to increase variety
Okay then.

>even then Arnold and CD ended production in 2001
True, but for some reason Nick stretched out airings of their episodes throughout 2001-2004/5, instead of justing burning them in one go.

Pic related is a head scratcher.

Why did everything seemingly change in 2005? CN got a management shakeup around that time too, as did Disney (though at least we got a KP season 4 out of the latter).

Because 2005 was a seminal year.

That's like asking why did everything change in 2016 (Trump elected, memes started to have an influence on real life, lots of celebrities died at an unusual rate, the left-wing which had been the status quo for the past 10 years was taken down a peg, etc.). Or 1967 (hippie culture introduced to the mainstream through Human Be-In and Woodstock festivals).

Sounds like Cartoon Network. They even refused to show the finale to Code Lyoko because one of the executives simply wasn't a fan.

When is the next seminal year? The networks need to be purged of their filth.

>shoehorning the shitty Nick logo onto The Splat for no given reason

What did they mean by this?

I thought that movie was meant to be the finale since nothing had came after it for years.

Did they really sit on those last few episodes for that long or did they randomly decide to revive it for five episodes and then cancel it again? Either way doesn't make sense.

Nickelodeon has always been the edgy one, i don't think any CN show has been as gross as Ren and Stimpy or getting away with so many stuff like Zim

They sat on the last few episodes for that long. Production had already finished around 2000 but Nick left the episodes sitting in the can for years until they randomly decided to air them.

Flapjack and Chowder are the ones that brought back the meme of children's cartoons being gross out disgusting like Ren & Stimpy which had ended in 1995.

They acquired Loud House which has become one of the highest rated cartoons while CN and Disney's best cartoons plunged below 1 million viewers.

Oh wait I guess that doesn't fit the doomsayer narrative you're trying to establish here.

>Invader zim

Eh, Flapjack has some fucked up stuff, mostly on the last season, but i don't remember Chowder being gross

Spongebob spam and Dan Schneider shows

I always wondered about the ratings in TeenNick's Splat hour whenever they aired all their popular 90s cartoons

Does one show really redeem them?

Didn't Chowder have a pet fart cloud?

Off topic but I drew this like a year ago. Somebody do something with it

No, but at least they have one good show then just shit like CN

CN has Jack.

>They acquired Loud House which has become one of the highest rated cartoons
Which is weird since it's on for, what, an hour a day?
The rest of the time it's Spongebob, Nick Jr, and shitty sitcoms.
And let's not forget those Full House and George Lopez reruns at night.

It's a step up but no, one good cartoon does not redeem several years of shit. They'd have to do what CN did and greenlit several experimental and different cartoons after years of shit

also loudfags are incredibly annoying and petty

meme material

Adult swim has Jack

>Adult swim has Jack
Adult swim is CN, user.

And Adult Swim is considered it's own thing, as it's content is so widely different from CN's that it get's it own set of ratings, buddy

>Nick Jr

Why bother keeping the block when you have an entire channel dedicated to the same shit

>considered
Adult Swim is part of CN, that's a fact. It's like saying Nick at Nite isn't Nickelodeon.

No fucking idea, it's really weird, but at least they're smart enough to show Spongebob early in the morning before the older kids go to school.

Those noses fucking disgust me

That doesn't stop it from having its own set of ratings. CN hardly if ever buts in on AS since it seems like no subsidiary in Time Warner ever interacts with one another unless they're told to.

It's more like they share a channel then one owning the other

It just really makes my almonds active when I think of all the music channels Viacom own, like how much money are they really saving here when the internet and shit like Youtube exists

>That doesn't stop it from having its own set of ratings.
what does that matter? Do the people who give ratings decide these things? If they felt like giving Nick at Nite (whose programming is also very different from the usual nick stuff) its own ratings would it magically detach itself from Nickelodeon? No, the point is AS is part of CN and that's an undeniable fact.

Adult Swim is what you call a programming block, just like Toonami, who was made by the same company. A programming block is part of a cable network, in this case, Cartoon Network.

>It's like saying Nick at Nite isn't Nickelodeon.
but it isn't

>it's just a programming block tho

It has its own set of ratings, it's so different it's considered its own thing that it gets it own set of ratings. If AS or Nick @ Nite was the programming block you're making it out to be then it wouldn't even have lasted as long as it did right now

It's not Cartoon Network, it's Adult Swim with its own history and programming that last more then just a few hours

They betrayed Carl.

ALL

GOD'S

CREATURES

F R E S H

OFF THE GRILL

SO COME ON DOWN TO MR. MEATY'S WHERE FRIENDS MEET TO EAT

M E A T

agree witht his concept, but 2007 was a seminal year

It was originally planned to, but kept going.

In what ways

Mr Meaty is from 2005. One year difference, autistic, I know

I like Mr. Meaty.

>nytimes.com/2017/04/30/business/media/nbcuniversal-childrens-channel.html

>Viacom’s Nickelodeon held steady among viewers 2 through 11 in the first quarter compared with the same period a year ago, but Time Warner’s Cartoon Network fell 15 percent, according to Todd Juenger, a media analyst at Sanford Bernstein. Disney Channel, which does not accept traditional advertising (and focuses on children as old as 14), declined 20 percent, while the ad-supported Disney XD plunged 27 percent.

>thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/05/16/nickelodeons-the-thundermans-set-to-reach-landmark-100th-episode-and-greenlights-new-live-action-series-knight-squad-333012/20170516nickelodeon01/

>Nickelodeon for the year to date is the top-rated kids' network, up 5% over last year and number one with Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Kids 2-5. Nick also owns the top shows in every demo, including: the top 9 among K2-11; the top 4 for Kids 6-11; and the top 3 among preschoolers.

I wouldn't say just one show redeemed them, they air more than just cartoons. But one really important thing happened last year, the parent company had a large executive overhaul and they have a new CEO that runs the company as a whole better.

It turned to shit in the early 2000s when they started airing shitty live action shows like Drake and Josh. This is also around the time when the logo also turned to shit.

In what world is this a beaver?

Because Hillenberg is back

Anons just being obtuse

Even that looks more like a beaver than waffle does a cat.

Too bad he's dying.

>rocket power good
>catscratch bland
Those are some thick nostalgia goggles

For one more episode.

>what are reruns

if only it had ended ten years before entering the head of it's creator.