>>Built up through the Cap run.
>>Gets eaten in 0 issue of Secret Empire
>>The thing that eats her even blows up in US Avengers

WHAT WAS THE POINT?!

>gets eaten

Back the fuck up

Literally who?

I miss her.

It seems like a waste. The only relevant thing she did was help Cap and Zemo locate Kobik. The worst part is that the quantum bands went with her.

I thought they were going to bring her back, but that explosion really seems to seal the deal for her. Althought Sam was caught on it as well and it's very unlikely that he'll stay dead.

Spencer masterfully trolling SJWs. Gotta love that man.

I'm really flat out confused. It seemed like she was going to play a major role with how strong the bands were against the shield, and I thought she was just gonna pop out of the stomach, but the explosion? Completely caught me off guard.

It's really bizarre. Unless this is going to be the surprise return of Phyla-Vell.

It's the most basic "STAKES ARE HIGH" you've come to expect from these events. Kill the newbie early on, She'll make super-duper-unexpected-surprise return in an in a future issue, arbitrarily proving her worth.

Is this a meme now?

Huh?

She'll be fine. Then again she's a literal who so she might actually be dead.

>Built up through the Cap run.
>Gets eaten in 0 issue of Secret Empire
>genuinely thinking she's not gonna come back by the end
You can't possibly be this dumb.

Quasar doesn't just die

it took a cosmically-powered annhilus to kill wendel (so something equivalent to nova-prime power level

i doubt a muslim space suicide bomber could have taken our nu quasar

I can't imagine Spencer killing his OC that quickly, but then again nobody gives a fuck about what's going on with the space side of SE.

This. They're all gonna be inches away from total defeat and suddenly there's gonna be a flash of golden light and "Surprise, bitch!" and it'll be very emotional and lovely and everyone will cheer.

Where is Phyla, then? I've been waiting for years.

To come back in issue 3?

Still gone. Seven years now...

I'd say that it was to have her be the big hero at the end, but even then she got so little development even AS A BACKGROUND CHARACTER that it feels hollow.

Wendell Vaughn died all the dang time, and it didn't hurt him narratively... but that was in his solo book, after being a half forgotten background character for like a decade.

This basically. Death is by no means the end for a Quasar but the development of Avril has felt very stilted and had none of that Good Quasar Stuff we might have gotten.

Do you really think she's dead.

Come on man. You're bringing shame to your family.

Holy shit
from the thumbnail I thought this was Miss Martian.
who???

>Quasar built up for Secret Empire, was barely in
>Thunderbolts was heavily involved, just Zemo is in as a relevant character
Take all those MCU and Champions characters instead.

I thought she would, until US Avengers when the monster that ate her exploded.

I didn't think she would be until the whale exploded. If she's still alive, wouldn't they see her?

They can't see Cannonball either.

They're both probably fine

Another question. Was there even a point to her being a lesbian? I mean she's been so underutilized it just feels like a tacked on fact rather than actual characterization

Dead until Gunn tries to get her into GoTG3. Then she will come back from being vaporized by Thanos, just like Drax did.

I think Marvel got a bunch of complaints from the tumblr side of things that they "replaced a lesbian Quasar with a straight Quasar" so they just made Avril a lesbian to stop those complaints from coming in.

That has got to be some of the most retarded justification for making a gay character I've ever heard. Those people are aware the the lesbian Quasar was herself a legacy character who's been dead for years right?

Why does there have to be a point to it?

You really think the people who complain about that kind of stuff know anything about comic books?

The point is, she was going to be yet another legacy hero replacement but:

1) marvel decided to do a hard turn against that decision
2) she wasn't far enough down the privilege stack to make a good social justice replacement anyways

I expect Wendell will show back up as Quasar now.

>I expect Wendell will show back up as Quasar now.
I expect they will just put the Quasar IP back in the fridge until they figure out there's a need for someone to use the name. And when that happens, it's not going to be Wendell.