ITT: characters who served no real purpose in their source material other than to be memes

ITT: characters who served no real purpose in their source material other than to be memes.

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12982841/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Google comic relief.

Fuck you, Scaramouche is great.

Aku already filled that role.

Aku was being emo the entire time.

/thread
also nice trips

>Destroyed an otherwise hospitable village before Jack showed up
>Gave Jack an actual opponent for Episode 1
>Provided Jack with the means to escape the Daughters in Episode 2
>Gave Aku a reason to seek out Jack in Episode 9

Doesn't sound very pointless to me.

We literally just had this thread that explained why you were wrong.

>weak bait
LOL

>Could have literally been replaced with any other samurai jack villain that already existed rather than making an entirely new character only to kill them off a few episodes later.

>any other samurai jack villain that already existed
You mean the majority of which are dead? Also, congrats, you've learned why he's called Scaramouche.

And what the fuck would be the point of rehashing an old character (after a 50 year time skip, mind you) rather than introduce something fresh and interesting?

We already have people bitching about Episode 6.

Scaramouche is unironically the second most important villain in the entire show

Almost every foe Jack fought died in one episode, so why is it a big deal for Scaramouche to die a "few episodes later?"

All the other villians are one shots you fucking cretin

i thought thrillho would never be a meme?

It's not

Scaramouche will join the club shortly.

No because we like him as a character not as fapbait

He's a robot voiced by Tom Kenny doing a Sammy Davis Jr. impression.

What 'character' does he have?

Who is more pointless Tom Kenny Meme Bot or Tara Strong Fap Bait?
Vote now on your phones.

Scaramouche has no development so him.

>He's a robot voiced by Tom Kenny doing a Sammy Davis Jr. impression.
You just described it. Not every character has to be particularly deep, dude, just entertaining and memorable is fine enough.

>Throwing Frankie in the gutter

Is this maximum faggotry?
0=0

wrong

>Everyone voted so hard Sup Forums caught on fire and burned down
>Scaramouche actually didn't care, he was off somewhere scatting

>tara strong fap bait
strawpoll.me/12982841/r
>T W E N T Y P E R C E N T
W
E
N
T
Y

P
E
R
C
E
N
T

Talk about your vocal minorities

The worst part is that I know if they had just brought back an old villain instead of creating scaramouche, you fuckers would still complain that they had to reuse a character and weren't creative enough to make up a new one.

There's just no winning with you bastards.

>There is at least one pathetic nigga on Sup Forums right now that hates Scaramouche
Someone needs to get cultured.

Tell me I'm wrong.

My point was that you'll forget about him fairly quick.

People drew a ton of Music Meister art too, but no one remembered him a month later.

Would have been disappointed if this wasn't first post.

>other than to be memes.

Let me be sure I understand what you're asking here, OP. When you say "to be a meme," do you literally just mean "The writers hoped and intended for them to be sufficiently entertaining and memorable that people would find amusement in referencing their behaviour and appearance?"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

>My point was that you'll forget about him fairly quick.
Wrong
>People drew a ton of Music Meister art too, but no one remembered him a month later.
Also wrong. What part of him being very memorable do you not understand? He's not the monthly Sup Forums waifu like Wendy is.

and the most important in my heart

whoa

No, he's the monthly Sup Forums husbando like the Music Meister was.

Which Wendy?

>Thinking Ashi is pointless
vocaroo.com/i/s1A925AIePWx

Who's the third most?

OP.

I honestly forgot about him after he "died" against Jack.
He was quirky, but par for the course when it comes to eccentric SJ villains.

No, because Scaramouche has actually had multiple appearances in the show and kicked off the big finale.

Fast Food Wendy. GF Wendy is mainly talked about her looks, true, but people also mention how wasted and underdeveloped she was.

>implying number of appearances has any bearing on a character's "Flavor of the Month" status

How fucking new are you?

It's incredible that there already exists a Scaramouche Defense Force.

Comic relief is memes now? Why is memes such a buzzword

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Holy shit, dude

He's not flavor of the month, though. He's not nearly popular enough to be that nor is he even close to interest in him dropping gradually.
He's a memorable secondary character that served his purpose. I don't know why you're so upset about this.

He got Aku out of the house.

Go back to /sug/.

Wut, why is Frankie there?

huh.

Go back to /svtfoe/

Gentle Jim

He was a decent one-off villian, but yeah, I don't see why they kept him alive after episode 1, and spent so much screentime on him, just to randomly kill him off after telling Aku Jack got his sword back.(which he he could have found out on his own anyway). Then again, this whole season has been filled with wasted potential and pointless scenes.

I don't have a picture of Varrick from Korra, but: Varrick from Korra.

As much as I liked Scaramouche, I wish he was only in Episode 1. He worked better as a pick-me-up after the dark tone of that episode with the hallucinations, child abuse, etc.

Episodes after that began to perk up considerably more, though, and didn't need him goofing around. Not only that, if you needed to provide tension, more could have been done with Ashi's mother rather than him. Maybe after Episode 7, she drags herself to the Pit of Hate and begs Aku forgiveness for her daughters failing him and that's how he found out about Ashi and why he goes to confront Jack.

I mean sure, that way the missing sword never comes up, but as is it didn't even matter anyway.

Spinelli was a FotM?

>Frankie

You weren't here last week.

This is all on Sup Forums, Marvel and the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about him

>Maybe after Episode 7, she drags herself to the Pit of Hate and begs Aku forgiveness for her daughters failing him and that's how he found out about Ashi and why he goes to confront Jack.
But that goes against the entire point of her birthing the daughters in the first place. Aku had no idea about them and the Cultists were trying to bring back Aku and his favor once again.
Dragging herself to the Pit of Hate would be a legitimate plot hole because it makes the 7 daughters entirely pointless.

They knew where he was, more than likely. The Scotsman found him easily enough. It's just that Aku holed up in there ever since he destroyed the last time portal due to being afraid of Jack.

>The Scotsman found him easily enough.
You forget that the Scotsmen had an entire army and was purposely looking for Aku so he could destroy. They didn't randomly stumble upon, they searched for it.
You're also forgetting that they're fucking cultists. Aku has to grace them with his presence after much worshipping, they see him as a Deity. To purposely knock on his door and beg for forgiveness would be blasphemy and just wouldn't make sense.
I know most of Sup Forums likes to seem themselves as good writers, but your alternative is legitimately worse than using Scaramouche the way they did.

>To purposely knock on his door and beg for forgiveness would be blasphemy and just wouldn't make sense.

I suppose that's true.

It's 21% now. You Ashifags got BTFO!

>Brought Aku to Jack for the final confrontation, instead of Aku spending an eternity at home
>Faggot OP calls him a meme

Nigga, you dumb as fuck, no wonder you can't follow something as simple as a cartoon. Go watch anime instead.