Was King of the Hill the most consistent animated show ever?

Was King of the Hill the most consistent animated show ever?

for its length sure, there are better ones, but shorter as well

The later seasons had some decline. It started to go from trying to find the hidden humor and character traits that come with the mundanities of life to "Hey look how mundane these people are! Funny joke, huh?"

The later episodes strayed away from Hank being a moderate conservative having his beliefs challenged for right or wrong to episodes about how new age hippy dippy west coasters are wrong and Hank is right.

Character development all but died. After having several episodes taking Luanne from the journey of going to beauty school, failing and deciding to pursue college instead, they had her do a full reversal in a single episode.

Also Bobby stopped maturing and his character traits eroded to the point where his interests and personality were almost entirely dictated by whatever new age hippy dippy liberal craze Hank had to crusade against in this particular episode.

And he went from being annoyed at the idea of having a babysitter in earlier episodes to practically begging his parents to give him a sitter and then panicking and crawling into his parents' bed and calling them home from their date because he got scared watching a movie on TV.

well it certainly did better after 10+ seasons than Family Guy or the Simpsons

not to mention that luanne started off as a ditzy but skilled auto technician

>luanne started off as a ditzy but skilled auto technician
Eh, the only time I can remember her mechanical skills ever coming up was just an excuse to have Cotton be a dick to her.

it was dropped really fast for some reason, wish they kept it for when luanne met lucky though, would've been neat to see them bond over purdy' shiny trucks

No, she rebuilt Hank's truck after it was taken apart when it was impounded in the episode where Hank fishes with crack and occasionally ordered auto parts for him. This user has it right. Character development ceased to matter around season 9 and we get shit like Redcorn wanting to cheat with Nancy again and Hank's friends behaving like juvenile delinquents. While the episodes themselves aren't bad necessarily, they're a far cry from where the show came from.

>After having several episodes taking Luanne from the journey of going to beauty school, failing and deciding to pursue college instead, they had her do a full reversal in a single episode.
For some reason I was reminded of this recently. She seemed all set-up to mature as the series progressed, clearly as another character for Hank to mentor, but it ultimately fell by the wayside.

yeah, that's what i meant by auto technician, person who fixes cars, not that she was working as one...nevertheless, everybody's right, nothing car related was ever brought up by luanne again when buckley/beauty school started up

I watched the Baby Einstein episode all the way through for the first time recently and it really pissed me off.

She tries to start her own business because she can't go back to work at the barbershop because her baby makes it hard for her to keep a stable schedule. That right there is the first piece of bullshit because Lucky still doesn't have a job so he should be able to take care of Gracie 9-5 while Luanne is at the barbershop. The whole episode tries to get the audience thinking "poor exhausted Lucky" as if stay at home moms don't go through the exact same thing when their husbands are out of the house and working.

Then the rest of the episode tries to paint her as a selfish, immature, family-abandoning ego-driven diva because she's trying to be proactive in putting food on the table instead of just sitting by and living off of Lucky's fraud settlement check.

the finale was great, and even the late seasons had good episodes, like when Hank gets the jacket of valor, or the finale

why did I say finale twice

the trucking episode*

>tfw King of The Hill ended almost 10 years ago because of The Cleveland Show.

American Dad is better

Technically show had more than one "well this is the finale, I guess" episode due to sudden renewals.

DCAU

Phineas & Ferb

If we're only counting the first 13 seasons of The Simpsons to give them both the same run time, then I give it to The Simpsons. KOTH just knew when to pull the plug.

It was obvious around season 7 they got different writers and they didn't see the memo's "Luanne is a competent adult" and "Peggy can speak Spanish"

>most people to;dr this post

Damn shame, I'm the only one who can call you a bumbling retard with a faggot opinion.

and here we are in 2017 where cleveland show dominates the networks and we all clamor for merchandise of holt and tim the fucking bear. boo, id love more hank antics even if shodily written.

To a certain extent I'm glad it ended. I would have hated to have to watch it waste away like the Simpson's. The Cleveland Show was better than Family Guy at least. That's low praise but it could have been much much worse.

I like how it's one of the few animated shows that despite being animated stuck as close to realism as possible.