Alien universe

Did covenant kind of mess up the lore and biology of the xenomorphs? David made the perfect xenomorph that we know, but by the time aliens rolls around they've basically turned into big ants, and are weak to the firearms shown to take several bullets to kill them in this film.

I also learned ripley scott confirmed that blade runner and alien take place in the same universe. will anything ever come of that?

I haven't watched it yet. Not sure why because I liked Prometheus. Is it coming to Netflix?

There's nothing really to indicate that the Prometheus/Alien: Covenant chronology acknowledges Aliens yet. Ridley wasn't involved with it so he's not exactly forced to.

>Ridley wasn't involved with it
?

just watch it on some third party site, i was worried about it after seeing prometheus but it was a really enjoyable movie.

>?
?

i suppose that's true, but alien is the next thing in the timeline (unless we get another alien film in between which i think we will) and aliens is directly after. And yes ridley scott worked on this movie, and it has the black xenomorph we all know that showed up in alien and aliens.

covenant is taking a lot of shit. it wasn't great but it wasn't awful. I don't think it ruined anything. I mean if you are taking the entire alien franchise into consideration than you have to acknowledge avp and all that garbage too.

did you even read the post you fucking retard? i'm not talking about the quality of the movies/franchise i'm talking about the lore and universe of ALIEN you dogshitter

You're going to great lenghts to avoid talking about Covenant.

>?
it's amazing how fucking retarded some people are.

>?
Explain
>?

maybe you can talk about?

Ridley Scott had nothing to with Aliens. Basically everyone knows that that has seen the movies more than once.

to do with aliens*

AvP was actually really great, it's AvP:R that sucks ass.

From my understanding everything not directed by Scott is noncanon in his opinion.

i'm not opposed to talking about the movie, i just watched it and i enjoyed it. I just thought it might have messed up the biology of the alien universe, but as i just learned ridley scott had no input on ALIENS. which surprised me honestly because i thought it was also quite good, not as good as the first but still good, and it gave us the biology of the hive and queen alien. If we go by covenant laws, then what alien lays the facehugger eggs? how did david make facehugger eggs with no queen? are they semi-botanical in nature? that would make some sense, since alien hybrids were born from tiny spores entering the body, but then, why wouldn't he just use the spores? what's the point of the huggers?

Ridley Scott is senile so don't bother putting too much thought into his recent projects or commentary in general. No one else does.

this makes sense, but then see my post above this one. where do the hugger eggs come from? what's the point of them when you have the fungus? it seems much more efficient

I guess the term would be nanobiotechnology? He designed the eggs and then probably designed another lifeform capable of producing the same product.

This

He's lost his mind, but he still can make nice shots. The story, characters and world building has gone to complete shit.

When Disney soft-reboots the Alien franchise, Alien Covenant and Prometheus will no longer be canon. Neither will Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, the AVP films, and ironically, Predator 2 which was the movie that technically started the idea of the two franchises having a shared universe.

i will never accept any reboot of a movie where arnold was the main character. you can't fucking redo ARNOLD.

>I don't think it ruined anything.
>you have to acknowledge avp and all that garbage too.
>implying covenant didn't damage lore more than avp.
>speaking specifically about lore in relation to quality of of pictures and the stupid bullshit they introduced.
OP needs to go back to kindergarten.

maybe those things that he put in the incubators at the end that looked like itty bitty facehuggers were some kind of egg seed? it was pretty unclear what those were, only that they had small huggers in them

Predators was pretty good though.

i never watched anything past predator, i heard it was all shit

Both avp and prometheus shouldve been set after aliens

>If we go by covenant laws, then what alien lays the facehugger eggs? how did david make facehugger eggs with no queen?
Dr. Shaw was the host for the eggs David had in Covenant. Presumably with all the women and human embryos in stais on The Covenant he can make enough eggs to account for Alien. The only thing missing now is another Engineer and his ship to put them in.

>why wouldn't he just use the spores? what's the point of the huggers?
The spores are too mutable and can hatch any number of Xenos or transform the host in various ways, the facehuggers always create a specific kind of Xeno that David created when used on a host of a particular species.

It was remake of the first one with your modern share of PoC and matriarchy replacing 80s testosterone.

Predator 2 is shit with some good parts. Just watch the predator scenes on Youtube because everything in between is a crappy distopian crime movie.

The AVP movies were also shit, for different reasons. I liked the second one a little better but I am in the minority there. Neither of them are actually good movies and they both mess up the lore of the franchise.

Predators is actually a solid action / survival movie. It feels like the proper sequel to Predator that the movie always deserved, even if Arnold isn't in it.

good points, but i still don't get how shaw was used as a host to make the eggs that make facehuggers

This. AVP with no space marines is disappointing, and it is a logical place to take the universe after Aliens. Many of the problems I have with Prometheus come from the fact that it is a prequel that has shitty continuity with the movie it is supposed to lead into. It has many other problems too, but visually it's incoherent with Alien and the story does not fit with the events of the original film.

>messed up the biology of the alien universe
if you knew anything about Alien(s) universe you would know that there were years of comics. you would also know that Prometheus was much, much more damaging to established Alien lore because it basically JJed all the years of SWEU style world building and elaboration on the original Alien movies from comics and novels in favor of a convoluted/cryptic origin story involving the Engineers. which was then dashed away in favor of David's story in Covenant. know your shit faggot.

You realize that the original movie's cast was just as ethnically diverse and had a woman, right? When was the last time you watched it?

>but visually it's incoherent with Alien
Are you talking about the space ship designs? A trillion dollar ship carrying the owner of the company that's running the mission is obviously going to look better than a space tugboat, even if the tug is newer.

>the story does not fit with the events of the original film.
How?

The space engineer was a fucking fossil in alien

They assumed the space suit was his skin, of course they'd think he was fossilised based on its composition.

Ridley Scott is just too obsess with Aliens and Bladerunner, especially the former. He wants to build it up like some kind of universe, but under his own command instead of Disney.

In fact, things could have retcon or turn to other direction easily if they says so, just like how Ridley retcon Predator 2 and AVP series. I enjoy how they trying to build a franchise In terms of filmmaking everytime, but come to think of this fantasy is controlled by a man or company, it is pretty grim.

If He's a billionaire then why does he hire retards as engineers?

it's also massive in Alien. they are much smaller in the prequels.

>perfect organism
>wasted by like 4 jarheads and a towtruck jockey

It was supposed to be a mysterious creature that was probably driving the shit, and like all Giger stuff you couldn't tell if it was part of the ship or, it was never meant to have a fucking backstory, goddamn everything is fucking retarded

Nah, Jim Cameron and his buddies are just manlets

A genius here

just leave brainlet

He didn't work on Aliens.

I doubt he considers any of the Alien sequels to be canon.

I bet he can smell cosmic braaaps from incredible long distances with that thing

what is user trying to communicate here?

Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Covenant > Alien 3 > dog shit > AVP 1 > AVP 2 > Alien Resurrection

It looks even bigger in the movie because they had midget body doubles in space suits for those scenes.

good list, i'd personally put covenant above prometheus and everything else after that doesn't matter at all

fuck off destiny you idiot

trips of truth

Nothing was a fossil in prometheus

They probed under the suit in Prometheus instead of scanning its surface like in Alien.

gtfo

Lmao

My issue with covenant is that instead of making it a Prometheus sequel about them going to the engineer home planet they turned it into a Xenomorph killing an incompetent crew to appeal to the butt mad alien fags

agreed. it just wasn't that awful of a movie. studio wanted to play it safe since Prometheus was basically a BO dud. little did they know this was a bigger BO turd and probably the last we will see of this particular brand of alien film.

I think what Ridley wanted to convey with Prometheus and Covenant was when humans start revealing some of the mystery of universe the revelation is very unsettling.
So we see the Engineers their entire motivation is still very ambiguous they seem to just roam the galaxy working on life. So what if that was there only point? Juxtaposed with the Xenomorph which is mindless violence. The Engineers are like a force of nature equally mindless or soulless just doing a what they have been programmed to do. Whether they gave themselves the task or they were created by another group of beings is a mystery.
That is the revelation of creation set out in the movies, its sort of cold and nilhilistic like Lovecraft.

I hope Ridley will get the last chance to make it right. David is still intresting and he still has alien eggs.

I said this in another thread the thing that killed the Engineer spinoff was people trying to claim it was a reboot of Alien. This caused people to expect it to be an Alien film.
The Engineer movies were supposed to not be about the Xenos just imply that the Engineers had a relationship with them.

I liked the movie.

But wish they would have discussed the engineers more. Why they were creating life, why they hated robots, why they would destroy planets with the alien plague.

But I loved david. He is the true monster.

he won't
they just announced (like 2-3 days ago) that the covenant sequel is canceled

Just because the Engineer ripped Davids head off doesn't mean they hate robots.
They are robots themselves.

I've read the comics. They're dogshit with awful and very cringy writing. Didn't take them too long to make the xenomorphs completely non-threatening.

Yeah not like aliens right?