WATCHA

WATCHA

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/6wc48d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GONNA DO

>ashi is gonna hijack the season so hard that even the finale and end credits are gonna be all about her
please no

This meme displeases me

Why do you hate my daughter, Sup Forums?

No

>Being this mad their head canon never came true

Haha, you thought you were getting a final season of closure but you were actually getting a spin-off pitch.

yes user, I'm upset that rather than something else for the last season we had a good start that was overshadowed by a love sub-plot, one that also looks like it's gonna overshadow the rest of the series by making her super important. It's not even a love interest that had that much build up, she was literally added in the last 10 episodes and now the entire show is about her.

The force is STRONG with her.

>1,2,3,4,10
>haha you were expecting 5 to come after 4?
>don't be so mad your head cannon didn't come true

Delete this, the majority hates Ashi and this poll proves it.
poal.me/6wc48d

Look again, faggot.

>All stories should follow the same sequence, like my regular numbers do
>number sequences? What is that?
Congratulations, you're an idiot.

This is unironically and legitimately my biggest fear.

"This was never an ending, it was a pitch! Aren't you excited!?

>pastfag is actually a choice
Getting back to the past has been the point of every episode. It's in the fucking intro song.
I'd be pretty concerned if he didn't go back.

Kel. Ashi Haters. When will they learn?

That possibility has was abandoned since the timeskip, all time portals are gone. Hope, is lost.

stop poisoning my poll with your fake votes

This. The whole point of the Season is that Jack needs to stop dwelling on the past. Seasons 1-4 are built on the hope of undoing the Future that is Aku, Season 5 is built upon not being able to change the past and making a better future, and having hope in that future.

It's fitting end, thematically, assuming that's what the final message ends up being, but I think that's what it will be.

Going into the past can be also a figure of speech, meaning to deal with the demons of the past, which dwell in one's brain, both Jack's and Ashi's.

and becoming an unrivaled master is in the theme song to pokemon but ash still hasn't won a single league tournament

His girlfriend has the same powers as the assfuck who sent him to the future.

How about you try that one again?
This time with some thought behind your post. What's your argument?

Jack doesn't want to go to the future though.

Besides, they've put so much emphasis on what Jack's actions in the future have accomplished that I doubt they'll just retcon that. All those people Jack helped more often than not got in the way of his quest to return to the past; he have a pass to many chances to end his mission so he could help someone else.

I didn't even vote you delusional faggot

Ooh! So angry! Be careful user, too much stress can cause you a heart attack!

The time portal is just a prop, it's supposed to introduce a moral conflict.

Fucking Infinity Blade 2.

Nah, 3000 Years of Darkness. It's got to end, Ash will fling him into the past to undo the future that is her father. Jack will hardly get a say in the matter.

Anti-Ashifags
>critique how the addition of a love interest takes considerable attention away from the original story
Ashifags
>think she's cute

We did it, gals.

>stories should be good
>JUST KIDDING HAHAHA

Each Episode Develops Ashi and Jack's Relationship further if anyone noticed ....
>Episodes 1-3: Both Enemies and Strangers
>Episode 4: Enemy is now one-sided on Ashi's part.
>Episode 5: Acquaintances
>Episode 6: Friends
>Episode 7: Close Friends
>Episode 8: Sexual Tension is now rising
>Episode 9: Both want to pursue a romantic relationship, but one is afraid to commit (because Jack is afraid of losing her to Aku)
>Episode 10: Presumably when they become a couple officially with Aku out of the way.

Ashifags
>think Ashi is a good addition to Jack's last steps through his journey and provides essential emotional balance to keep Jack on the path of righteousness and save him from himself before he saves the world
Anti-Ashifags
>girls are icky! why can't i self insert as a lone virgin kissless warrior anymore!

Oversimplifying in one's benefit is easy AND fun, ain't it?

Each episode did indeed develop their relationship, but that development could have been paced better had more time been devoted to the romance story.
The romance story is good, but there is not enough time for it and the main plot without making them both feel unsatisfying.
Gennedy knew he had only 10 episodes and I think he was too ambitious to try and incorporate another story into this final season.

Where were all the anti-women posts, user?
We've had weeks of unironic waifu posting for Ashi, but I haven't seen anyone posting about self insertion except for anons complaining about it.

>jack getting emotional balance from someone else is essential
Why not just have a personal journey? Jack coping with his inner conscious, the spirit of bushido, visions of his people and even his longevity is more than enough material to create a compelling story.
How is the romance essential?

Shes a girl.

Stop projecting, no one self-inserts as Jack. except maybe Genndy himself

Mark my words, you will not be able to defend the 20 minute clusterfuck the finale has in store for us.

>She literally took half the 10 episodes
>Didn't come true

Fuck off shipfag, you are cancer

Can someone post the picture of aku with the sword from the last episode?

user first of all Sup Forums normally would jump at any waifu being added anywhere and I have never even heard of a single person here even suggesting they self-insert as jack. Second he doesn't need ashi for that, he could find that out on his own or even be reminded by people he saved on the way. Second, she never really helped him find emotional balance. Sure she stopped her mother, an army, and a group of sudoku ghosts from killing jack but jack's inward battle was solved on his own (and honestly not even in a good or intresting way). The only time she did correct his path was something they could have changed so jack overcame it himself. Everything else is just romance that bloomed along the way. The thing is Ashi is taking up to much as well, you describe her as an addition to his journey to keep him on the right path but she literally hijacked the story, to the point where the final long awaited battle with aku is gonna be all about ashi. The worst thing about ashi though isn't all that described, it's that it could have worked. I like the idea behind ashi but the thing is she was introduced 10 episodes till the end of the series, and it feels really off to have a sudden love interest effect an ongoing story so much. If Ashi had been a character since the beginning, maybe she starts out as an enemy and then after a few more episodes of them earlier on in the series (doesn't have to be all at once, could just have different episodes between their story) and it was focused around jack turning evil to good and then she in turn helped jack it could have been great. But like I said it's all too sudden, shes a new character who changed pretty quickly despite being brainwashed her whole life to think a certain way and as I said before is now the main focus for the entire plot of the show despite just showing up. Basically my point is that you would be right about ashi if they actually to the time to correctly build up her character since the beginning.

Is this a leak?

>being this contrarian about a lazily written ship

SPOILER THAT SHIT!

i like how baby's like you are mad

Not that user but you're basically saying that there's a formula for making good stories.

I'd argue that good stories are those that break from formula, personally.

>and when ashi isn't on screen, all the characters should be asking "where is ashi?"

now where could my pipe be?

If this is real I'm going to REE for the first time ever.

>Jack is louder and angrier
>Jack is not on screen
>"Where's Jack?"
>Ashi Show

This whole thread is great

Thanks bruh!

I think a good story can come from following a formula or breaking from one, but you have greater potential for failure if you break the formula.
In the case for this season of Samurai Jack, the formula was broken so hard that it might as well be two entirely different stories.
The hero story detracts from the romance story as much as vice versa. Both stories would need an entire 10 episodes to be fully executed. Both stories are good, but fans were anticipating the hero story so some of us feel cheated by the romance story.

>those stupid nostrils