I like the current X-Men. Fuck the haters

I like the current X-Men. Fuck the haters

I'm waiting for the first arcs to be done to give a full overview of the writers.

very ambitious task

>current
>old team from the 80s

Logan is different

Do you mean the titles or the teams?

titles, teams, and creators

No fuck you, for having such a poor taste and not accepting your taste is shit.

Dumbfuck.

Oh so you're just fishing for (You)s.

Here you go then.

It is only a few months, 1st arcs last about 6 issues so all you have to do is wait then read a few issues for each

Fuck you dad

Well that is just the gold version, blue is full of different version

So far X-Men Blue and Weapon X are bretty good. Blue is a real breath of fresh air despite having the O5. Bunn's really good.

Weapon X is heavy on action, Sabretooth and Logan banter, and just in general a good time, but nothing special.

X-Men Gold has a frantic pace and the first 3 issues were kind of meh. I liked yesterday's issue with Gambit though.

I thought that Gen X would suck due to the art, but it was pretty... comfy

Not really considering OML has most of 616 Logan's history under his belt.

But they are not the same

Did you read Jean Grey? I thought it was pretty bad. Also, another Phoenix story? Do we really need that?

Oh fuck, I forgot about Jeeeean

Guggenheim's book is a paint by numbers wannabe Claremont rehash. The plot is boring, the cast is stale and the characterization is all over the place.

Literally the only thing the book had going for it was the artist's racist propaganda controversy

He still has all of the old 70s, 80s and 90s history. They were the same character until the Mysterio incident.

Yup, OML never really recovered after that event

Too bad that the bitch who writes kamala had to snitch on syaf

Me too OP, and the new artist in gold is great.

I dont think its complete shit, but there have been so many great stories before, its a shame the people writting the X-Men now have probably never read them or just dont care.
I'd still rather read X-Men than Inhumans though.

It's probably editorial's fault

Agreed. The X-Men comics are the lowest level of the current comic book industry. An insult to the franchise.

You can tell Bunn has a great knowledge of X-Men lore. Get the fuck out of here. His UXM was the only good X-title other than OML.

Guggenheim has at least read some 80's Uncanny, but he seems to be doing his own thing with a dash of Claremont. I'm fully expecting this title to devolve in Arrow-esque relationship drama between Kitty and Colossus very soon.

I think one of the big problems is that no writer really has the guts to really do something big with the X-men, so they keep reusing the same old villains (especially Apocalypse), the same old enviroments, same old teams. Also, ever since Morrison, no writer really dares to do something big because it's met with nothing but hostility by X-fans who, ironically want the X-men to be the same as they were in 1991.

Imo, morrison's contributions wrote the x-men into the corner.

If I was writing X-Men I would probably remove the school, and go with the ordinary people with jobs and personal life, secretly meeting and fighting off villains,

this is what happens when you keep giving star characters features. All these quality background characters go to waste.

at that point you wouldn't be reading an X-Men book though,
more like 'The X-Community Watch'
not a bad idea but clearly spin-off material rather than the main show

Well, it's not like anyone will ever use it.
The thing is, the idea of X-Men being an actual school, rather than haven for some mutants in need, expanded the x-men too much and made them lost focus. The pre-Morrison X-Men were heroes, post-Morrison X-Men are social workers

Same I'm liking both main books, it has become pretty obvious that for some people, no matter what they do, they will always complain and dislike the books.

>If I was writing X-Men I would probably remove the school, and go with the ordinary people with jobs and personal life, secretly meeting and fighting off villains,

That could work for an x-title. But not a flagship.

I'm not sure what you mean with Morrison having written the X-Men into a corner.

He made mutants a majority, instead of minority, and he expanded the scope too much with the school. The X-Men became too crowded. Before, the cast was smaller and more focused.

You know, if the X-Men are the SJW's of the Marvel universe, maybe they ought to address more casual issues. Todays issues aren't so much about civil rights as they are about casual racism and the creeping lure of fascism on todays youth.

And you know, would it kill the X-Men to indulge in a little light humor now and then? Why in the hell do they have to take themselves so seriously?

the X-Men ARE fascist youth. Have you seen then black and yellow uniforms? They are very militant

And fuck humor

I'm with you that they need to be heroes. But they should do what they did during Claremont's run, go places, whole oddysseys if need be. They should fight one off villains, go to space, that kind of shit.

The way it's been with Guggenheim and other writers really, is they either play a very long game with the villains, too long, or it's too short, where the setup for the villain is one page, the fight the next two, and then it's 22 pages of them standing around talking/romance drama.

Story time yesterday's issue so I can either agree or not with yea

Would it kill them to have black dude on their team? Storm is boring as shit. No one falls for that African hoodoo shit anymore.

Just once, wouldn't you like to see Colossus fist bump fury and go, "My Nigga!"

Marvel books overall are a little too slow, to be honest. I mean, pick any book from 2008 and compare it to Now! (r).

Or you know, Fury can do it to Colossus.

Remember when being socially progressive wasn't treated like a venereal disease?

Back then people weren't humorless cunts.
People need to lighten up

Kitty sucks.

At least Bishop is going to be in Astonishing.

Yeah true.

Take Bendis' run for example. I think he started out with some big, good ideas. Now, regarding Cyclops' revolution that never happened, I'm not sure if that was intentional, they kept talking about in UXM but shit kept being thrown at the team so there was never any time for it really. But, I'm not sure giving Bendis this much benefit of the doubt since it's well... Bendis.

Also, he very quickly dived down into his own typical shit with having the cast basically just standing around talking about stuff in typical Bendis manner.

I'm pretty sue Bendis thought he was being really clever and subversive when he had Scott declare 'I don't have a plan at all, I thought I did but now that I think about it nope, sorry. revolution has been cancelled'

There isn't a single current X-Book I'm a fan of honestly.
I was holding out hope for Gen X but it's was pretty lame, hopefully it gets better.
tfw Iceman is my favourite X-Man but his solo is going to be total shit and pale in comparison to the DnA mini

Cullen Bunn is a massive X-men fan and has been writing them for 3 or 4 years now(different books and characters)

It's completely mediocre but not offensively bad like Bendis' run.

Is it good tough?

>Tfw Iceman was a cool guy and now he's a gay guy and young Iceman been gay made current Iceman gay as well.
T-thanks Marvel....

An eternal question that will never be properly answered

Bishop is also lame as shit.

Not every african american speaks in a victorian english accent and acts like they spent an extra four years in finishing school at the royal academy of wakanda.

I hate the O5(because Bendis) and I'm enjoying it(seems the first chapters have been mostly setups), I enjoyed his Mercs for money, Magneto and Uncanny X-men runs also.

It's pretty good for a book starring the O5

I like the creepy and morbid road that teen Beast is going down as he learns magic.
And Magneto is always good under Bunn

Look at how fucking awkward it is to have all this neo-liberalism shoved down the characters throats. The comic stopped being progressive and started becoming gag inducing.

Why can't the X-Men return to classical progressive values instead of this shoe-horned LGBT bullshit? I mean so you got one guy on the team who is gay, and its like you want to throw him a fucking parade or something.

Hes gay! So what? Why make a big deal about it? Reacting to it as if it were a Mexican Soap Opera doesn't help. If anything, people should be like,
"I'm gay!"
"Yeah? And?"

His Magneto was darn good and his UXM was the best since Gillen.

what ever happened to peace love and understanding? Remember when the X-Men was still sometimes silly and that little alien dude punched Wolverine off the moon? Remember when beast's super power was having inordinately large hands and feet?

>Iceman gets an ongoing!
>It's about his sexual identity because that all there is to the character now
CURSE YOU MONKEY'S PAW

Maybe just take a break from all that grown up shit and let them be super heroes. When is the last time the X-Men ever saved anybody? All they ever do is fight terrorists.

X-Men gold just did that. They fought Terrax

It's odd to me that Marvel gave Guggenheim Gold and Blue to Bunn. Bunn would've been a better fit for Gold and Guggs for Blue. Bunn has also stated that the O5 are not the team he personally would've chosen.

But hey, Bunn's Blue is the first time I've enjoyed the O5 so...

I am glad Xorn is somehow back.

The actual, real, Apocalypse hasn't appeared since Milligan's X-Men, in 2006. Marvel have been over-using Apocalypse-clones and other Apocalypse-related characters, plus the occasional future-Apocalypse or AU-Apocalypse, while leaving the real, present-day big guy in limbo.

Yeah, we've had non-stop apocalypse stories since Remender's UXF basically. This sucks because most of the former villains of the X-Men are now X-Men themselves. They've basically run out of villains to use.

From the haters: fuck you too.