Sup Forums...what the fuck? You told me it was going to be good but it was better than I could've ever imagined...

Sup Forums...what the fuck? You told me it was going to be good but it was better than I could've ever imagined. I'm on the verge of tears right now. I've never witnessed a movie quite like this. I'm glad I was alive to experience this art.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a_FAF_v87Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was good, but you don't have to be such a fag about it

I teared up a little. He just wanted to be a real boy.

But it was the best movie of this decade

On the contrary. This movie turned me into a fag too.

why is nu-Sup Forums literally worse than reddit. Are we gonna address the fact that this board is fucking 9gag tier at some point?

As long as you recognize that the giant hologram scene is K realizing that Joi and the replicants were playing to his underlying desire to be human/special. One to satisfy him as a customer, the other to use him as a pawn.

>he thinks Reddit Runner was good

lmao

I thought it was basically the same thing, but the other way around. That scene is K finally confronting the fact that HE had been making himself believe that the love was real because it made him feel special, just like he wanted to be the child in his memory and why he considered joining the revolution when they popped up. But then he chooses to confront that fact and instead of joining the revolution he simply brings the two together so that the girl can experience what he wanted to experience when meeting his father, giving up his delusions of being special when doing so.

There's no way that could be the moment when he realises that JOI was just programmed to say what she does, because he must have walked by those advertisements loads of times, and it bothers me how many people thought that that was all he realised in that scene.

Personally, I think the real meaning of that scene is that the JOI advertisement made him realize that, just like his JOI, he was gonna do what someone else told him to do again, and for the first time in his life he decided to make a decision for his own and save Deckard despite what the Rebellion told him to do.

JOI is a product of Wallace's company, by following her leads he was effectively going on as an unconscious drone. JOI's 'death' clarified what his ideas and beliefs were without an outside influence: JOI told him he was special, so he wrongly believed that he was the boy child. When he meets the android revolutionaries, he is interpolated as the subject of revolutionary activity rather than as the subject of myth.

Meme buzzwords

OP here. Never in my life have I felt an energy in my kino-chamber like I did when Goose flew the flying car over the big city. It was next level shit, like a mild psychotropic drug induced state. The guy had complete unfettered control of my attention the entire time, like some weird autistic robot pied piper. It was amazing.
You just have to experience it for yourself in person, I cannot do it justice with words.

I wish I'd seen it at the cinema

Grow up

The scene with K and Joi at the end is the Transformation step of the Hero's Journey. So...how is he transforming?

In my opinion, K finally realizes that his whole life is an illusion and that the only decent humans he has met in the entire world are Deckard and his daughter.

He realizes that he has been contributing to the destruction of the planet by being a Blade Runner in the first place (killing and burning a beautiful farm at the beginning when the country is shown to be so uninhabitable). So K realizes "I live in a world of shit" and decides to sacrifice himself for Deckard and Deckard's daughter who I see as a messiah figure.

Forgot my pic

youtube.com/watch?v=a_FAF_v87Qw

Why aren't you listening to the soundtrack RIGHT NOW Sup Forums?

Deckard isn't human

Because the soundtrack was terrible. If you're not going to have Vangelis do the music...why try to rip off his style?

ridley pls go

It was good because it resonated with you, didn't it?

You felt like K. You're also lonely. You're also realized that the girl that has existed in your life for a short period made you feel great and happy but she has done this to and with other men. She's gone now and you realize that all the things you thought about her and how you were special to her were not real. You realize that you have never been special to anyone. You're a fucking nobody. But you keep going to work and wageslaving and doing your work well, without asking too many questions. Because you're a nobody.

You are a stupid motherfucker

Just like your parents. They were nobody. They sold you off, for drinking money. And now they're buried in a pauper's grave on Jakku.

Yes Deckard is fucking human. Reason why:

>Scott even admits that when they originally made the movie there was no question about his humanity.
>If Deckard was a replicant, why didn't he have the same short life span that the other replicants had?
>Why does Blade Runner 2049 show Ryan Gosling doing replicant things like running through walls but never depicts Deckard doing anything like that? He's just a crying, nostalgic old man wearing frumpy clothes and binging on whiskey.

or he actually was the child, and his jerkoff instructor survived being trampled. the movie doesn't unequivocally show otherwise.

Jerk off instruction?

ITT: cringe fanbases

Wrong movie. Fuck off.

>when they originally made the movie
Aren't there, like, 5 different cuts of the film? It originally had a voiceover, but they cut that.
>>If Deckard was a replicant, why didn't he have the same short life span that the other replicants had?
Because he was a new model, like Rachel but without the built-in death clock.
>>Why does Blade Runner 2049 show Ryan Gosling doing replicant things like running through walls but never depicts Deckard doing anything like that?
Because Deckard is as close to human as replicants get. His daughter never does anything particularly superhuman. Rachel never does anything superhuman. The only replicants shown to be superhuman are the ones that fled the colonies and came home, ones designed for hard labor.

I loved this movie. Every moment of it

>If Deckard was a replicant, why didn't he have the same short life span that the other replicants had?
>Why does Blade Runner 2049 show Ryan Gosling doing replicant things like running through walls but never depicts Deckard doing anything like that? He's just a crying, nostalgic old man wearing frumpy clothes and binging on whiskey.

I'm not in the Deckard-is-a-replicant camp, but those are shit arguments. Deckard(if he's a replicant) and Rachael were clearly created to be different from all other replicants when they were made. In the original movie this only meant that Rachael was made to believe she was human. You would obviously not give a replicant you've made to think she's human super-strength, because then they'd immediately realise that something's wrong. So if Deckard is also one of these new replicants who think they're human then he obviously wouldn't have super-strength either, which holds true throughout the first movie.

In the second movie Rachael isn't just special in that she thought she was human, she's also special in that she could have a child. If we're okay with this part then it's stupid to have a problem with her not having a finite lifespan, and if she doesn't have a finite lifespan then the hypothetical replicator-Deckard wouldn't have one either, because he's clearly from the same thinks-they're-human generation as Rachael was.

>tfw I'm about to watch this movie with one girl that is basically like Joi to K
How bad will I feel afterwards?

She will not like it like you do, assuming you like the film. It's not a girl movie.

In the new one do they say anything about replicant lifespans? I'm not really sure if later generations even have the limited life span

She's the only girl that makes me not feel lonely. She's been doing all the things Joi does to K. She's been the one to make me feel special. Then she told me she loves her ex again. But I stayed, because she understands me and there's a deeper connection She also told me she doesn't feel lonely with me and that I make her feel happier.

And I often talk to her about my feelings, especially loneliness and detachment

It's weird that you would think this kind of relationship is exemplified by the artificial life-forms in this film.

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
it was mediocre

>She's the only girl that makes me not feel lonely
you sound like a gyno-rmous pussy
maybe you'll get more testosterone as you get older and realize that state of mind is literally poison

It's because for some time we were kinda in a relationship. She did all the relationshipey things and made me feel so good and special. I felt so great and not lonely with her. So happy.

Then she dropped me for her ex.

I don't know what to do. I can't break out of it.

>I can't break out of it.
do you even lift

What does that even have to do with it?

Too bad OST doesn´t catch up to original, otherwise it would be a better movie of the two. The only track i like is Mesa.

Truly this generations inception

if you lifted you would kickstart your testosterone and you wouldn't be such a gyno-rmous pussy

If you think anything other than “Wallace” is the best song you’re pleb

Get the fuck out.

Well shit I don't lift, but I don't really have time for it. Regardless I had my testosterone tested and it's in absolutely normal levels.

>mfw I told a girl that I had feelings for her and she told me she was trying things out with her ex to see if it would work out but it probably wouldn't
>mfw a month later she told me things were going much better than she expected
>mfw haven't spoken to her since
>mfw just before telling me they were back together she was complaining about how she should have broken up with him the first week they were together
>mfw no social life to speak of and live far away from major population centers so making plans and meeting people are major, time-intensive processes and I haven't met a girl in months

They mention quickly right at the start that the company had started making open-life-span-replicators before things got bad and the company went under, if I remember correctly. It might have been somewhere else that they mentioned it.

The later models like K definitely have an open life span, and I don't think it'd make sense for someone to make two replicators who think they're human and who can have babies without giving them an open life span as well. It'd be downright cruel. So all in all it's stupid to argue "Deckard can't be a replicator because he'd be dead".

>Aren't there, like, 5 different cuts of the film? It originally had a voiceover, but they cut that.
It is generally recognized that Ridley Scott kind of lost his mind over Blade Runner. The 5 different cuts were purely cash grabs. All the fans knew that there was a deleted scene with Rachel's tits and bought the new version of BR hoping that scene was in it. Only the "Final Cut" had it. Furthermore, Ridley Scott admits in an interview that it was never their intent to make Deckard a replicant when the film was made.
>Because he was a new model, like Rachel but without the built-in death clock.
There is absolutely no evidence to back up this contrived idea. Nothing in either of the films, scripts or interviews with the crew can back this up except for ramblings from Scott himself in the last 15 years.
>Because Deckard is as close to human as replicants get. His daughter never does anything particularly superhuman. Rachel never does anything superhuman. The only replicants shown to be superhuman are the ones that fled the colonies and came home, ones designed for hard labor.
But...you're defeated by your own argument. K was explicitly stated to be a replicant...and he was shown in the film to have "super strength". If Deckard was ALSO one of these replicant blade runners then it makes perfect sense they would have used a "super strength" model.

>but I don't really have time for it
i work a 9-5, fuck some bitch at her apartment on the weekends, read in the evenings, and i still have time to lift. don't be a retard. you can dedicate 1 hour out of your shit day on yourself.
>absolutely normal levels.
yeah for a soyboy maybe

>It is generally recognized that Ridley Scott kind of lost his mind over Blade Runner
First I've heard of it, I'm not reading the rest of your post because this is so stupid

reddit

really says something about how shit movies are now that this is so highly praised. it's alright, that's about it

There were Rachel´s tits out in Final cut ? I don´t think i have even noticed.

Sup Forums

God fucking women are the worst and this is why I'm still single. Women these days have absolutely no sense of loyalty. They have 10-20 guys that they are always in touch with. They are always giving "setup" stories to them so that if water gets too hot with their current boyfriend or husband they have someone to run to right away.

In my case her ex lives in another country. She apparently wants him back because he made her feel so well. He's been getting divorced right now so chances are they'll get together. I honestly wish her the worst and hope that all the shit with him fails terribly so that she realizes I was the better choice

I have zero energy or time honestly. My 9-5 job is more like 8-6 and I have university on top of it plus I'm tired as hell when I'm back. It's usually me going back from work, studying a bit, eating and browsing webs in the middle and then going to sleep.

And I'm a skeltal so lifting is only gonna make things worse.

>Then she told me she loves her ex again.

Then you are actually a cuck that comes to her after she's done having sex with a Chad and you cry on her shoulder? I'm not from Sup Forums, so I won't laugh at you, but that situation is kinda messed up.

It's not my fault you've been living under a rock and are just now a normie discovering blade runner for the first time.

Yes...in the scene where Deckard is being a dom and slapping her around a little bit

>My 9-5 job is more like 8-6 and I have university on top of it plus I'm tired as hell when I'm back
you're tired because you're not fit. you don't even respect your own body enough to maintain it. no wonder you're so hung up on some other fucking person.
>browsing webs in the middle and then going to sleep.
this is what you cut out. you need to browse reddit or shitpost on Sup Forums to be happy? wouldn't you rather have an attractive, healthy body that other women would literally cheat on their husbands to be with?

You're not willing to accept anything but the theatrical edition of BR as being worthy of taking into consideration, your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. Gas yourself.

Like this is textbook, emotional support guy friend vs chad that actually fucks her.

We /r9k/ now. Kinda makes sense, because all normies are currently out partying.

>If Deckard was ALSO one of these replicant blade runners then it makes perfect sense they would have used a "super strength" model.
Deckard clearly wasn't created to just be a replicant-hunter. If he's a replicant then he's from the same generation as Rachael, and thus a test-subject. They were the first ones to be implanted with human memories to see whether that'd make them more human. You wouldn't give them super strength because then they'd know they weren't human the first time they picked something up. It'd ruin the whole point of making replicants who think they're human. K on the other hand knew from the very start of his life that he was a replicator, and so him having super strength wouldn't weird him out in any way.

>I haven't seen it
>It's popular
>I guess I'll just parrot 'reddit' on every thread until I've seen it
>At least this way I'll be safe from any negative responses

His name "K" I'm pretty sure is a reference to Franz Kafka's "The Trial"-- you guys should give it a gander there's some similiarty in spirit. (ps happy new year all)

I would be out partying if my friends were more considerate about responding to texts, instead I'm just going to be sitting in my room watching Batman Begins and getting drunk and stoned all night instead of doing the same thing without a movie in a social setting.

Hey. I already seen Ex Machina. Why would I waste my time with Bladerunner 2049? I don't think Ryan Gosling can act. I don't want to see more JUST Harrison Ford.

>because all normies are currently out partying.
this guy gets it

Nah it makes sense because all the sad fucks latched on to the JOI-part of the movie. Every Bladerunner thread has the potential to slip into this cringeworthy self-pity bullshit because of that.

>I already seen [sic] Ex Machina
>I don't think Ryan Gosling can act
>Implying Oscar Isaac is good

Of course I'm not. The original Blade Runner was the actual product of writers, producers, designers, actors and crew all working in harmony to produce a film.

The recuts are just Ridley Scott sitting in his gym shorts with Final Cut Pro on his MacBook Pro, endlessly messing with edits and filters on digitized Blade Runner.

Everyone who worked on the original BR disagrees with Scott about Deckard's character, including David Peoples who wrote both scripts.

You want a compelling piece of evidence why I'm right? Scott started preproduction for Legend before Blade Runner was finished filming. Legend contains scenes of white unicorns running through the woods. Scott took fuckin test footage from the unicorns and shoehorned it into Blade Runner in some awful attempt to give him an "electric dream".

Kinda. Her ex lives abroad so they really resort to talking. I was actually the Chad that was fucking her while her ex texted her until I fell in love and he told her he's getting divorced which apparnetly made her feelings to him come back.

It's messed up.

I don't know, but the entire emotional support is mutual here actually.

>you're tired because you're not fit. you don't even respect your own body enough to maintain it. no wonder you're so hung up on some other fucking person.
Maybe. What do I do about it?

>this is what you cut out. you need to browse reddit or shitpost on Sup Forums to be happy? wouldn't you rather have an attractive, healthy body that other women would literally cheat on their husbands to be with?
I'm browsing when eating. There's nothing else you can do really.

It's a Blade Runner thread and in 2049 the main character is a robot. What did you expect?

Blade Runner contains footage from The Shining, too, what's your point? It's called 'editing,' it's a basic concept in filmmaking and if you can't handle its significance then you're barking up the wrong medium.

the pro shills are at full force shilling this movie since the br and 4k are out.

>You're also realized that the girl that has existed in your life
No I've never been validated by a woman in any capacity. Now tell me to fuck off to /r9k/ even though I never tell any of you to fuck off to reddit or /soc/.

I don't think Oscar Isaac is good but I've already sat through his movie.

Sea Wall

My point is that Scott never bothered to film any "electric dreams" during the entirety of the film's production, which went massively over budget and over schedule. What this means is that he had all the time in the world to shoot an "electric dream" when he had the chance, and never did, because everyone knew Deckard was a fucking human.

user, the girl doesn't necessarily have to be a real actual girl.

>Maybe. What do I do about it?
you have more time than you think. you're just lying to yourself and others to save yourself. self-deception its called. you're telling me you don't have an hour in between any of your classes?

I don't really understand why that means that later cuts of the film are illegitimate.

The discs aren't out for another three weeks, dumbass

>ignore the man who wrote the book
>ignore the man who wrote the screenplay
>ignore the man who wrote the script
>ignore the man who portrayed the character
>ignore the themes and subtext designed around the protagonist being human
>listen to the man who organized the talented people during shooting and bossed around the editors

wew

OK, Genius, how can Rachael and Deckard's child be what Wallace is looking for if Deckard was human? The plot of BR2049 only makes sense if Stelline's parents are both Replicants.

I'm not saying they aren't legitimate cuts...A lot of the restoration work etc was great. I think that the "Deckard is a robot huehue" meme was just a marketing move from Scott. He came up with a clever way to sell the movie again and since he calls it a "director's cut" he has to stand behind his stupid idea like a belligerent drunk.

Listen here, moron, Deckard is a human with human jizzum. Rachel is a prototype replicant that has parts which can harness said bodily fluid and form a baby. There were never replicants created that could create their own semen like a human man.

Plus, he's like a hundred years old, no replicant lives that long, dumbass

>you have more time than you think. you're just lying to yourself and others to save yourself. self-deception its called. you're telling me you don't have an hour in between any of your classes?
I don't. Granted, I hardly have any classess but now I have work instead. And as you may know university work is mostly doing shit at home and studying at home. So yeah, in case of my degree I really do not have time. And after my type of work I'm just absolutely exhausted. I can't even gain weight even if eating properly.

>I'm not saying they aren't legitimate cuts...
Then Deckard is a replicant.
>I think that the "Deckard is a robot huehue" meme was just a marketing move from Scott. He came up with a clever way to sell the movie again and since he calls it a "director's cut" he has to stand behind his stupid idea like a belligerent drunk.
That doesn't make Deckard human.
>There were never replicants created that could create their own semen like a human man.
Well, they made them with wombs, so why would penis and balls be so difficult? Brains are more complicated, anyway.
>no replicant lives that long
You didn't pay any attention in the second film, did you?

>I can't even gain weight even if eating properly.
cut the soy out

NO way. To me the idea of them having a kid is much more believable if it is based on the premise that a human mixing with the replicant mother created a new species altogether.

Love is a fallacy. Get good and take control.

>To me the idea of them having a kid is much more believable if it is based on the premise that a human mixing with the replicant mother created a new species altogether.
But...why? I mean none of this is about believability, the entire premise of this series is unbelievable.

Stop the memes. I really can't gain weight. My friend who has the same issue told me he has to eat a full meal like 6 times a day to gain weight. He can do that because of the work he's doing but I fucking can't unfortunately.

Easier said than done.

But of all the things to focus on...you're just caught up on Deckard being a replicant.

Baby's first film theory lol