Bishop Barron of L.A on TLJ

>wordonfire.org/resources/article/how-the-star-wars-franchise-lost-its-way/5681/

Do we agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dU-gQWgbKfs
youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
youtube.com/watch?v=i0dk8F0KYxY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVyptxPQ04&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=30
youtube.com/watch?v=zcWpd1n3cnc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I fully understand why, in our cultural context today, women are feeling the need to assert themselves and to put powerful men in their place. I even see why a certain exaggeration is inevitable. It’s just disappointing that this concern has hijacked a film series that used to trade in more abiding truths.

He's right.

Not even the Church that forgives everybody likes nu starwars.
Disney and liberals BTFO.

Is the OT star wars catholic, lads?

The thing is you actually can't critique character traits except for their development. That's the difference between subjectivsm and objectivism. If all the men are in fact fools, that's fine because its creative lisence but rey having shit character development is an actual legitimate failure.

Based Barron.

I'm a fedora tipper, but I genuinely like his movie reviews. Dissapointed he was so triggered by Silence. Whiny faggot needs to appreciate that getting Catholic Kino is going to be rare.

Why didn't he like Silence?

No viewer is obliged to surrender themselves helplessly to the creative vision of any artist.

Your usual reasons - The ending/Liam Neeson converting etc.

Basically he was Mary Suing the Catholic Church - "WE WOULD NEVER DO THAT".

He's right: Star Wars was once genuinely a franchise about universal spiritual truths, and now it's about female empowerment.

It's true, all of it.
Daily reminder that it was the Catholics who drove the Muslims out of Europe the first time and it will be the Catholics who do it again this time. Either join the team or be driven out with the saracen and burn in hell

Catholics are cucked right now though.
Vatican II got rid of almost 2000 years of history and lets not get started on Francis.

novusordowatch.org

Join me and Mel.

Catholics aren't cucked. The new pope is an infiltrator and a marxist traitor. The true catholics know this. The knight hospitaller have been workign 24/7 to oust him since his coronation. He will be driven out with the saracen

Vaticancatholic.com for TRUE uncucked Catholicism

Virgin. Incel. GTfo. Tldr.

Catholics are literally inviting in Muslims to Europe by the millions lmao.

Technically he's Volcel.

yes they are, they can fuck off and make thier own shit if they dont like yellow, the only reason that the sex of chracters are even being mentioned is because we know that there is an agenda behind it, if it were any other era no one would give a fuck and say this movie is shit because of snoke and rey

>healing you to hook you
King of the jews, amirite guise?
Praise (((Jesus))).

>The knight hospitaller
As much as I love them, they got beaten by the current pope.

And the you are going to see more and more popes like him Catholicism is strongest in Latin America and the "Liberation Theology" model has really taken off there. Especially as more and more people are trained under and know no other Catholic Church than that of Vatican II.

im not sure if he didnt like itt but more so that the film sort of champions surrender and wavering to an extent, but he may just be commmenting on chracters, films make you think so w.e

Jesus wasn't a Jew, at least not by today's standards. Talmud wasn't even written, which is the basis for rabbinic Judaism.

catholics understand true kino

But what does based pastor Anderson think of it???

lol i can almost certainly guarantee you are going to hell

this

why did you scratch out schindler's list

You first, heathen.

He has bigger fish to fry.

BASED

youtube.com/watch?v=dU-gQWgbKfs

change your life you arrogant dog

He just hated the fact that what Liam and Andrew Garfield's character were seen as heroic or good, he made the argument that if it was American soldiers being captured and they "surrendered and subverted to Japan" we wouldn't think it's heroic at all.

never trust a man with a beard

What kind of "bishop" writes movie reviews instead of evangelizing and tending to the spiritual needs of his flock? Especially considering what a crisis the Catholic religion is currently experiencing. I bet this guy masturbates.

Of course milk toast pussy priest Bishop Barron doesn't like the nu-Star Wars. Because it shits on his buddhist/catholic make-believe LARP that the OT was based on.

>Star Wars Jedi teachings based heavily on Buddhism
>Catholic church took MANY customs from Buddhists over the last 1500 years and just pretends they are "hidden" in the bible

This faggot probably thinks he's a real life Jedi.

> No one hid TDKR / Citizen Bane in that image

Disappointing

Movies are part of art and culture which the catholic church has always had a hand in for a long time. The battle of ideas and cultures is always something priest should be interested in.

>He just hated the fact that what Liam and Andrew Garfield's character were seen as heroic or good,
They were? I didn't see them in that manner. I understood why they apostatised but I didn't interpret the movie as making them heroes for doing so.

The movie kind of symphatisized with their decision though, it's up to interpretation

Yoda is a shit theologian though. Suffering is not inherently evil

BULL SHIT. That's not what he said. He said that it wasnt in Christs nature to condone apostaty. Not that people wouldnt become apostates. He's right that alluding to the voice as christ is absolutely heretical

Bishop Barron will die as the St. Paul of our generation. He is the archetypal evangelist. Go research before speaking you fool.

youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc

Sedevacantists are truly vile.

They prey on people's valid anxieties about modernism and the state of the Church to entice them into heresy.

You would have to be deluded to think you could battle dissent with even more dissent.

We shouldn't trust our vague subjective feelings. We should trust in the Lord who promised that the gates of Hades will never prevail against the Church. This trust comes at the price uncertainty and being challenged, but it is the only way.

Reject dissent. Whether it by modernism or sedevacantism. Become a fiercely loyal traditional Catholic and bear the consequences of that.

yes it is you dumb fuck, but we use it for god, fuck your dumb

Well the Catholics are virgins like the Jedi

they are cowards in mask and armor

>that black cross out line

He should be happy to get ANY serioius Catholic-Kino.

Does he want religious movies confined to the realms of God's Not Dead?

>Only seen 12 of these
Goddamned I such a pleb. Why the fuck aren't I watching some of these movies instead of wasting my time on this tapestry board for chines cartoons?

>A Bishop should be happy with any Catholic film even if its deliberatly sends a message counter to dogmatic teaching that could lead to apostasy

MORE CALVARY LESS SILENCE

Sedevacantists are just the final step of trad caths, it's when trad caths against liberation theology and the machinations of the subverted jesuit order realize shit is only going to get worse and worse, and the only way to fix the church is to burn it down or abandon it for protestantism.
I almost abandonded Catholicism for protestantism myself, the church is just too lost at this point, but Sedevacantists and Traditional Catholicism has given me hope.

If we can't save Christendom than the logical course of action is to destroy it ourselves and start anew

You are defending the most Reddit, normie, mouth-breathing Bob Ross weakling preacher in the world. He talks to you like you are a child just like Anderson Cooper FOR A REASON. Listen to this guy, really listen to him ramble about "the queenship" around 3:30.

youtube.com/watch?v=i0dk8F0KYxY

Catholics are truly fucked in the head. Where in the Bible does it say that Mary is the queen of anything, or that she is in a cosmic struggle? Literally making shit up for their own benefit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVyptxPQ04&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg&index=30

I like Bishop Barron but he needs to stop bieng a pussy and call out Fathet Martin. He quasi did without naming names in his review of Silence but thats as far as he went. Shame

It was Mormon. Sure there was a crusade towards desert people but there was also sisterfucking and Ewok society worshiping a golden robot that speak languages (golden tablet).

Go back to middle school theology boy

Fuck no, especially given the fact that the Jedi order was based on the Templars. I always thought the Emperor was a metaphor for the Catholic Pope.

What part of "gates of Hades will never prevail against it" do you not understand?

Traditional Catholicism and sedevacantism cannot coexist. To be a sede, you have to deny the above passage and the decree of the first Vatican council that the line of Popes will continue uninterrupted until the end of days.

You can't establish a new Church. Only Christ can. And he did all those years ago. No matter how bad it gets or how much corruption you percieve to be in the Church, steadfast supernatural faith in the promises of our Lord is the only way to go. Traditional Catholicism gives you the oppurtunity to show to God your faith in his Church. Sedevacantism just severs you from it. No different from Luther, or the Patriarchs before them.

I swear Francis could be telling you "traditionalists" to sacrifice your babies to Moloch and you would still defend him.

I went to a Latin mass recently and the homily was about how we need to value and seek out objective truth above all, and be wary of misleading religious leaders. Meanwhile a giant portrait of Jorge Bergoglio was on the wall next to me. So ironic, the truth is literally staring people in the face and yet they choose to ignore it.

How many kids has this guy diddled

why are burgers so cheesy

>tfw feminism has turned women into just sexual objects and uncompetitive versions of men

Truly disgusting.

That's heresy, but I believe it.

Dude I used to watch Father Barron's youtube vids all the time, and I'm not even Catholic. Dude's pretty based. Glad he's a bishop now!

>catholicism
>Reddit

Kek

Hey, you should stop posting and try reading the bible cover to cover. You don't know what you are talking about, there are whole chapters about keeping the church pure and throwing out the perverts. But you would never do that because you think "it's mean" and the bible would never say you should physically pick someone up and throw their degenerate ass out. Enjoy your sodomy, corruption and greed from your leaders as you "stand by your church".

I remember something about George Lucas saying he was inspired by Lutheranism and Bhuddism, and old samurai movies when he wrote Star Wars.

Little too far right for me to read anything else he writes, tho.

>Catholic clergy's opinion on feminist culture

Absolutionly pointless.

The revolving door Rubik's deconstruction around Rey is the only way to introduce a character like Rey to wider cultural consciousness without it being a fetish fuel distraction a la Sucker Punch or other "fighting girls" movies.

tl;dr A celibate priest whines about Dark Side girls doing Light Side things isn't even so obvious it's amusing. It's just eye calisthenics.

>Where in the Bible does it say that Mary is the queen of anything

He says it right in the video.
Mary is coronated in The Book of Revelation.

You know, the Book of the Bible Martin Luther tried to remove.

That's Eve, not Mary.

So then Protestants and the Orthodox are amoral from your point of view? (granted some new age prods are pretty fucking blasphemous - looking at you Anglicans)

What if they have the right idea and the church of god truly lies in the heart of man?

Also I lament, what good is the Novus Ordo church if it has wholly been subverted by non-christian philosophies and worse, directly by non christians?

OMG this is amazing even fricking bishops firing bullets on them jews

Also Taoism was a big influence, I believe.

Mary is the new Eve like John the Baptist is new Elijah.

Even Luther would say the same.

Did you have fun with that jerk off post?

Dont try to reason with him. He's too far gone. Only a personal revolation with fix his heretical views.

/ourpriest/

I may not mean the literal destruction of the Church or Christendom, but a restoration would certainly require an upheaval.
An upheaval of the sort where past popes are acknowledged as blasphemers
Liberation Theology should have been fucking squashed decades ago, Vatican II lost all of Catholicism's moral authority shortly thereafter in the 60's and 70's in the western world.
Absolutely fucking all of it.

They didn't have a concrete response to growing secularity, athiesm, and marxist theology and John Paul was too fucking little too late
South America should have been brought to fucking heel, vast fucking swathes of it should have been excommunicated.
Now we have issues like Priest Pedophiles run rampant

Not as much fun as Rey had being her own parents.

>this is now canonically the nerdiest Star Wars pun

I mean...Silence was an American christian film. Pretty good too

The Church has gone through rough patches before. It always winds up prevailing in the end. If you have faith and do Christ's will in the world, sooner or later everything will be put to right.

If you look at history and scripture, it is undeniable that the Roman Catholic Church is the Church established by God himself when Jesus handed the keys over to St Peter.

The Church is responding to these crises. The is a growing movement in the Church to educate Catholics on their faith. The laxity that resulted from poor catechesis is being pushed back against.

As usual, jumping ship is not the answer. People have always tried that whenever the Church faced a crisis, but the Church has stood the test of time. Not out of luck, or fortune, or even the efforts of man, but because it is under the protection of God himself.

The pope whose image you are posting literally taught that Jews don't need Christ to be saved... Who the hell even exists in the Catholic hierarchy today that wouldn't be instantly excommunicated by any Medieval pope?

kino on both sides tbf

Ahh now your grace. I can explain!

>The Church has gone through rough patches before.
Define rough patch, because it hasn't been since the time of the Borgias that the church has been so thouroughly diseased, and that was in a time where everyone was Christian and Catholic, the impropriety there led directly to the Protestant Reformation.

This is not just laxity and poor catechesis, Vatican II has made no effort whatsoever to reign in modernity, secularity, athiesm, or degeneracy, nor have they made a serious effort to assert their moral authority aside from occasionally fucking with the internal politics of Italy.

There is broad evidence of outside influences on the Catholic church, from non-christians both within Christendom and without.
These are not Protestant or Orthodox influences, but Jewish and Islamic who have come to view Christendom as weak.
The modern catholic church is little more than a fucking neo-marxist NGO more concerned with internationalism and retaining blasphemous 3rd worlders than it is about the totality of christendom.

But to make it truly worse the modern church would rather poopoo a protestant president in a majority protestant country on the other side of the fucking planet than take a look at how badly shit is right next door in europe.

Does the Catholic Church have a greater responsibility as the leader of Christendom? I believe it does.
The proestants are in a million fucking places, none of them concerned with the greater implications of what would happen if the Catholic Church continues to decay, which would further weaken Christendom - so who exactly fills in the void when the church has degenerated so much? The Orthodox?
Will they assume the moral authority before Christendom is islamified?

too bad they killed Snoke in the latest abortion

>The Church is responding to these crises
Bullshit, the Church isn't responding to any of these crises, the church is basically promoting cultural and theological marxism and degeneracy at this point.

Do you actually believe Benedict willfully stepped down?
There is no denying he was a traditional Catholic, and said things in contrast to the deplorality of modernity.

Your out of your mind if you don't think he was forced to step down

Stop reading the bible.

Silence was just Scorsese trying to rationalize his own apostasy by potraying surrender as heroic.

E. Michael Jones goes pretty deep into it.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcWpd1n3cnc

Suffering is the path that leads you out of the dark side.

Methodism.

>the pope said climate change is real so he must be a marxist

imagine being this much of a right wing fundamentalist

Pretty sure Scorsese is still a practicing Catholic.

>imagine being this much of a right wing fundamentalist

Not him, but the pope giving Cultural and actual marxism, and athiests a free pass while washing the feet of Islamic infiltrators is pretty fucking suspect

Not gonna lie, if I were Catholic and somehow elected Pontiff I'd excommunicate Argentina that very same hour. All of it, the whole fucking place, and put the rest of South America on crusade to eradicate it and all within its borders with fire and blade. Then when Argentina was devoid of human life, I'd give the hairy eyeball to Brazil and point to the ruin of the prideful and arrogant as a lesson the huehues had better take to fucking heart.

What do bishops even do? Like, what are they paid for?

>Hey m8, whats your job?
>I professionally believe in God

Kino Catholic reviewer