Would getting rid of the dyke hair improve captain marvel sales?

I get that as a straight hispanic male i'm probably not the target demographic but some of these covers look so repulsive i cant imagine why someone pick it up

The dyke look is why I bought that run.

Bring back Greg Horn

the hair is not a make or break issue for anyone. its just a symbol. ditching the hair might get a small sales spike for one issue by people seeing if she;s been rebranded into a T&A book and if she hasn't they'll put it right back down

To be honest, you didn't even need to add "hispanic" to indicate you're not the intended demographic.

She has an even shorter hairstyle and has already eclipsed Carol in popularity in just a few months. So no, it's not the hair.

this character is cancer.

>Would getting rid of the dyke image help her sales with an industry dominated by consumption of men

Mmmm

I guess they're going for a commie propaganda poster look.

No. Her design is tops. The problem is no one knows or cares who the hell Marvel's Captain Marvel is and the few who do will turn 360 and walk away when they read one of the comics and realize the character is shit.

wrong, apparently marvel consumers are 50-50

what went wrong?

>this character is Endless
Fixed.

There is no valid way they could source that and if what you said was true, female heroes and minorities would do better.

Just because someone is a woman doesn't mean they don't want to read about Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, or any other male and/or white hero any more than someone being a man means that they refuse to read any comic starring a woman or minority.

That presumes that the 50% female readers care about female and minority readers instead of only paying attention to big names just like the male readers.

No, not being written like shit would improve her sales. I like the hair. It's not the civilized world's fault that you have shit taste and only like your women with long greasy mestizo black hair and thirty crucifixes.

It's not a make or break, but it certainly doesn't help the bad writing.

Which could be true but we have nothing close to data about it, you'd have to put out polls online and do them through shops to be comprehensive.

Marvel wanted their own wonder woman

I started reading dyke Carol thanks to Civil War II, then I wanted more Carol and started reading this, man her Secret Invasion arch alone is like 10 times better than anything dyke Carol has put out in the past 10 years!

The books sell bad because they're boring. The hair doesn't matter.

Marvel expects us to like a character with no personality, no flaws and no history other then she was raped by an alien.

She has all three of those things. Just because you don't like and/or care about them doesn't mean she doesn't have them.

She's the Cyborg of Marvel. As in she works best in a team book and never as a solo.

What made me lose interest in Carol began with Kelly Sue DeConnick's run. Writing Carol as a woman who's dealt with some serious shit, including a battle with alcoholism and major anger issues and having to "reinvent" herself as the Captain would have been way more interesting.

But, no. KSD didn't want to bother doing research on a character, that would take too much work! It's best to make her an amnesiac, personality-less version of herself for superficial adventures!

No, she just needs to fuck Spider-Woman already.

Anka's covers are great.

Yes, KSD's run is horrible. We can all agree on that. But a character's worst run doesn't define the character.

Yes

She has no history worth telling, this is a fact.

Then you are part of the bigger problem

>But a character's worst run doesn't define the character.

Chuck Austen run ruined Nightcrawler until amazing came along and revive him.

Sooner or later, we will return to normal Ms. Marvel and put all these bad sales and diversity shit behind us

Honestly, if Marvel was not making bank from the movies and merchandising, they would have never done any of this bullshit agenda.

>Yes, KSD's run is horrible. We can all agree on that. But a character's worst run doesn't define the character.

Yes, but it's defined her since then, at least to casual comics fans. Like how Deadpool's collectively only characterized by Way's run, or Batman based on Frank Miller's, and before that, by the Silver Age silliness.

Not to mention, everyone's probably had to work with what's established with the "new" Carol, or risk editorial wrath.

>we will return to normal Ms. Marvel and put all these bad sales
You can only have one.

>>Captain Marvel film comes out
>>Suddenly, the Captain Marvel comics completely imitate the film.

I
WILL
LAUGH
MY
ASS
OFF

They can go back to Ms marvel thank to Kamala, she became too popular and even if Kamala ever drop the name Ms marvel there is not good reason for Carol to go back at being Ms marvel no even if Mar-Vell comeback, people would scream "MISOGINY" or whatever at marvel for doing that.

No. That is not the core problem.
The core problem relates things happening in real life at Marvel, not in some made up goddamn fairytale world.

in this case it certainly has until the foreseeable future when a sane person fixes her.

>Suddenly, the Captain Marvel comics completely imitate the film.

That only mean that her comic would be worst than ever.

No marvel writer has ever been good at using movie synergy in the comics.

It will happen 100%. Look at the Legendary Meme Lord, for example.

And just like Meme Lord, it will sell like hot shit.

>But a character's worst run doesn't define the character.
But in this case it kind of does since Marvel is making it the difinitive version for everything from comics to movies from here on out.

I pray that her movie flops as hard as the Shithumans show will.

It's not the look, it is more how she was rewriten.
Before she was approachable, now they turned her into a man hating, balox smashing winch.
My friend darq was right about the fact that money will be the true factor on how much power the S.J.W's will hold.

>now they turned her into a man hating, balox smashing winch.
She is not that.

She is just unbearable being the "I just want to be famous" personality or "poor me, I am famous and don't know how to deal with it" recent approach. And the whole universe kissing her ass since 2013 didn't help either. She never EARNED this.

KIROV REPORTING

Yeah! Cause Ant-Man still has a book, oh wait...

shorter mohawk is ok. it makes it less dyke somehow. it's more punk.

I said "hot shit" with a bad connotation.

This.

Yes
It matters especially if you want the non sjw back

Hair is crucial for female comics.

No one wants a dyke zarya outside of Sup Forums and tumblr

Also bring back her escher girl body
She can get away with terrible stories if she looks hot

Its part of a bad design, but its not a bad design because "it looks like shes a dyke". Its a bad design because she ISNT "a dyke".

Her costume and overall design tells you nothing about her. It was just chosen because someone thinks it looks cool. Why does she wear her costume? Why that costume? What does that costume show off about her powers? Her personality? Her goals?

Look at iron man: self designed ferrari red and metallic gold billion dollar mech suit powered by his own glowing energy heart (also self designed).
Or Spider-Man: acrobats unitard with a mask that gives him a secret identity, spider themed because he has spider powers after he was bitten by a special power.

Meh- Anka is so yesterday.
All artwork looks boring as F.

Being more popular than Carol Danvers isn't saying much.

Theres just somethign about women charcters made to appeal to women that just desn't work. It barely works for Wonder Woman and I know no woman who actually likes Captain Marvel. Ms Marvel, Black Widow Storm, Scarlet Witch and even Maria Hill seem to have more female fans.

What did you think of ANGR ghost rider?

No. That's a stupid question you idiot /thread

The hair is fine. The costume is fine. IT'S THE BAD WRITING THAT'S KILLER HER and most of the rest of Marvel, actually.

fitCarol is for patricians.

more like penisians because you like penis

What length hair will the movie have?

Concept art had shoulder-length, like MAA.

this

hopefully long

Kek

That improves the costume by ten fold.

Why? The hair cut isn't attractive at all.

I actually like "butch" women and Captain Marvel doesn't appeal to me at all.

Then again, when it comes to Big 2, I mostly just read DC comics and watch Marvel movies.

On the other hand, I'm really curious about Killer Frost after looking at this:

Butch is beautiful.

stop

That's fine for lesbians such as yourself, but I don't know how many of you guys actually buy comics.

Maybe that hair only works for bad leaning women?

Damn I love that art.

It's like Angelina Jolie's head from Hackers on a man's body.

> what went wrong?
Her going back to the Avengers after she lost Binary. Should have returned to the X-Men

Fox not buying her rights. We can have Rogue-Carol dynamic even if its from Fox.

KSD.

KSD.

Bendis.

Stohl.

MCU looking for "muh representation"

Marvel thinking Carol's the right character for whatever she's suppose to represent.

Karla Sofen not being Ms. Marvel.

Monica not being Captain Marvel (got several points for muh representation)

Carol not being Binary and an anti-hero