Went Went Wrong?

for me it's the cast and the writing. not even on the same plane of existence as the original. kind of disappointed in Joel for putting this disaster together and endorsing it. what say you anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EiJylMyfu9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The movie portions were good but the skits in between were bad.

>went went
I think it was because it came out into a climate where there was a fandom they were trying to live up to, so it wasnt as organic as the original run

Jonah ray chasing the cash tail of his buddy Hardwick. Joolywood has a hard on for Hardwick as much as kimmel. Anything they want they get.

same thing as everything else that's going wrong right now: naked pandering. a contrived, industrial effort to connect with a target audience for the purpose of milking nostalgia. not everyone sees through it most of the time, but in this case it was particularly egregious. i can only imagine what the finished product looked like, since i didn't even bother to watch it.

this cunt

>Felicia Day
>Patton Oswalt
>Dan Harmon writing

Gee, I wonder what went wrong?

and this faggot

it's a shame cause I loved the original growing up. even saw the movie in the theater when I was 7. was super excited for the initial announcement that it was coming back. and then they announced the new host and cast etc. immediately lost all my hopes but still gave it a chance. still somehow dissatisfied after crushing expectations to cube sized nothingness.

They squeeze in a joke every minute. Like they are insecure about the quality. Its not the same and not as good, although the movies they picked are better fodder.

He's ruining Happy

Jonah spearheaded the project after a meeting with Joel and was funded by Patreon not Hollywood.

Outside of the first episode which is just garbage, it's not as outright horrible as I expected. I'd be willing to see this cast give another season a shot, maybe they could get their rhythm and chemistry going a little better.

>I tried to sneak in as many gaming jokes as possible.

Whatever... I'd still bone her

basically this and while the "commercial break" bits with the moon 13 band were good, the bubble-cuts to "hide" different takes being edited together were shit

that being said the cameos from both old cast and celebrities in general were usually fun, and I was surprised by how much I liked the new cast

They were a bit overzealous and tried too hard, but it was more or less the same stuff as before. I think the main reason people hate it because the cast are over the top social justice warriors on twitter and can't put that out of their minds when watching programs starring them.

Skits were bad riffing was okay

A bunch of liberal, out of touch fags from New York who used to write for the Daily Show trying to imitate the quaint Midwestern charm of the original show and failing miserably.

I can't tell if I want to fuck her or not

>surprised by how much I liked the new cast

The originals were scripted, but they were delivered in a way that seemed natural. This is like they're sitting in a studio reading out every joke with no breathing room or comedic timing.

this.

They got a soy boy to host it. Even Joel was less of a soy boy than that guy.

>nu male leads
>betas and feminist involved on the writing staff
I wonder

I would fuck her face until she vomited whatever soy based products she sustains herself on allover my underdeveloped body.

they crammed too many jokes into the movie portion, and you got the feeling they were just reading a script instead of genuinely watching the movie and reacting. i know the show has always been scripted (except the earliest episodes), but at least you used to get the feeling they were watching the movie for the first time.

The soyboy just looks like an asshole

>soyboy is a made fun of by everyone
>robots are fine
>camel is a cunt
>middle aged nerd culture fag is constantly put down
I dunno user, their characters really fit how I thought about the actors.

it feels like watching a buzzfeed youtube video for an hour and a half

Listening to Rifftrax, the guys laugh and react as if they are seeing the movie for the first time. Damn impressive after all this time.

I enjoyed the first opening. E effects were really cool and unique, but I've never seen the original. As soon as the movie started I couldn't take the terrible jokes.

I thought the new cast and writing was fine. The most of the new episodes were about the same quality as an average episode of MST3K. I had a hard time differentiating their voices though.

>Went Went Wrong?

It's pretty simple, the least talented person from the original series was in charge of this newer version. All of the real talent from MSTRK is doing Riftfrax now.

Joel is responsible with the original concept but that's about it. He contributed little to the overall success and has even admitted this in the past.

I would love to watch Felicia get fucked senseless by a Senegalese bodybuilder.

cry wilderness and starcrash episodes were kino

>nu-males

if it has patton oswalt then it's not kino

make it a room full of Senegalese body builders and we've got absolute K I N O on our hands user!

>We could have had Casandra Peterson instead.

It ain't right. It just ain't right.

they're both uggos

You can still tell its scripted in some parts but the jokes and delivery is just way better. Also the chemistry since they've been doing it so long together really brings it all together.

they also get superior choice in movie selection so it really opens up a lot of options

1. It's an idea that has been supersceded. YouTube shows like BOTW do what they did but better, now.

2. The nostalgia factor is ruined when you fill it unfunny culture vulture pieces of shit like Patton Oswalt, Camel Face, Soy Wheaton etc.

Even separate from politics, including those people who ARE political whiners AND have the Le Nerdy XD sense of humor around them is a mistake, if you're going for nostalgia b8 (which you have to because of point 1).

That or maybe it was just shit and I'm ascribing way too much thought to it.

I watched a few episodes. It was like that other Netflix trainwreck with the science guy. It just felt fucking weird and out of place and cheap and nasty. It's making me really worried they're going to screw up The Dark Crystal series badly. It wasn't even like I thought;

>Oh man, this idea should never have happened, it should have stayed dead

It was like

>Wow, this idea is being ruined by these fucking untalented hacks.

Pretty much. It's not even political shit. It's just that weird thing of a coporate or even private group of successful people trying to recapture something amateurish.

I know we use the comparrison constantly, but it truly was Poochy like.

Louis CK is officially not a nu-male anymore. He's just a pervert.

>botw
>better

>new york
L.A

Pretty much this. The thing about Midwesterners is that we can just sense fakeness, don'tcha know.

>insecure about the quality
>bubble breaks for multiple edits
>tried too hard
>no breathing room or comedic timing
All of these are correct answers. Also, I was displeased at the forced over-arching story. The wedding stuff in the last few was pure cringe. That said, I thought it was ok overall. Maybe I was just happy to see new mst3k content with contextually modern jokes.

>done better by youtube
Actual brainlet

I would neg her subtly but brutally for years until she was clay in my hands, force her to get bad giant fake tits and turn into the cosplay whore/glorified booth babe she really is deep down, pity fuck her once, then dump her. She'd have no way of leaving her new life but she'd never get used to it, not really. She'd always know what she lost.

Finally checked out the free rifftrax on Amazon. Really, really funny. So much better than the return.

>no sense of midwest humor, which is really what set MST3K apart from the NY/LA humor
>from what I read show wasn't written with the writers all together watching the movie. They would watch the film on their own, write jokes, then the best jokes were taken. No sense of "friends ripping on a shit flick"
>Johan and Crow sound way to similar
>jokes were rapid fire, giving the movie zero time to breathe
>Gypsy in the studio was nothing but a distraction
>fat fuck Patton Oswalt
>Satellite of Love looked like a youtube parody video
>Johan a fat numale
0/10

The entire Harry Potter run in particular is pure gold.

Birdemic live is probably my favorite so far.

MST3K was never as funny as just watching the movies yourself.

Shut up, you stink.

>filename
really?

I've really enjoyed it.

The dumbing down of Tom and Gypsies new voice ruined it for me.

Nothing really. First season was okay, on par with the old ones. It was never a spectacular show to begin with, just low pressure fun.

yes

pic unrelated

Sci-Fi Era SOL was GOAT comfy with that dim lighting scheme.
Gonna need an answer.

>pic unrelated
Damn, for a second I thought she had taste.

Elijah would have disintegrated her or fed her to a Ghost Person.

>not dicking her just to see what would come out
>for science

good choice user plenty of choices there live riffs are all pretty good
this is a great one my all time favorite is Karate Kid Part 3 its perfect

This. Big time this. Everyone in the original made the original they weren't cast they were crew members who were upped to cast roles and that's why it all felt so natural.

Even Joel himself didn't seem to realise this and it was kind of obnoxious for him to think he could come and reboot the series as if he was the guy calling the shots all along when he wasn't even the main writer on the show from its second season.

As already mentioned, the pacing of jokes kind of sucked. I also think that the set design was too high budget. The original had a charm with low budget obvious model sets. I think that the remake went for that as well but overdid it a bit. Not high budget enough to look good; but definitely too high budget to have the charm of the original.

Came to post this.

fpbt desu

It had some funny parts like
youtube.com/watch?v=EiJylMyfu9I

It was fine except the rapid fire joke format

Someone post the snippet from the interview where Joel said the way that Pearl was a great mad and it didn't matter that she was a woman meant that the mad in the reboot HAD to be a woman.

Also has anyone seen the "Joel on Mike" interview where Joel underplays the way Mike was the head writer of the show and not just some guy they cast to replace him and then also managed to virtue signal that he wanted to be replaced by Beez but the rest of the crew just weren't as progressive as he was?

This 1000x there is no "new" MST3K as far as I'm concerned, there's only Rifftrax and imitators

He looks worse than Elijah desu

N'aaaw, say what you would about the cold bastard but he still loved Veronica. he'd feed the prune who impregnated her to the ghost people tho

Replaced by Bridgette. She was pregnant though when they would have been filming and they (her included) didn't think it would work. Joel's a fucking dope anyway. His ideas are utter shit, he needs people to refine them into something workable. If he's in charge there's no one to do that. At least in the CC era Jim Mall on was around as a check on his bullshit.

Agreed. That would also explain the arguments between Joel & Jim which led to one of them leaving.

I'm fucking not surprised he misrepresented the situation as to why they didn't agree with his idea of who should replace him. Even only hearing the story from his side made him sound like a twat.