Tell me this movie didn't have a great 3rd act

tell me this movie didn't have a great 3rd act

this movie was great all the way through except the toys scene

overrated

Akira has fucking fantastic animation and aesthetics. It's a shame the story is muddled and the characters just sort of do shit without any apparent motivation.

Pic related is top tier anime kino.

This. That movie blew me away. Amazing soundtrack as well.

But sword of the stranger suffers from a simmilar thing.
It's choreography and music are amazing, but the story is generic and unispired.

The movie is missing like 50% of the story, read the manga

I find anime to be so nihilistic. The Japanese seem to be disconnected ever from Buddhism. Akira is very good, but empty.

As someone who has read the manga, the other 50% isn't worth it.

Akira's problem isn't that the story is generic. It's that it doesn't cohere in a meaningful way.

Sword of the Stranger works with certain cliches, sure, but I would say it uses those cliches far more competently than any other anime I've ever seen. And cliches done competently can be a beautiful thing.

Bear in mind the movie was completed long before the manga had an ending. A lot more went down that completed the story. It felt a lot more full. And I think you're a little confused. They have always believed strongly in the material. To them, there is nothing outside except the rest of the universe, but they're always just them. So I think you're a little confused on both counts. They're not nihilistic, but their spiritual world is much different from yours.

Are you an homosexual? It fits perfectly the "films women would never understand" meme

>reading
This isn't /lit/ sunshine

>he's never watched a movie or show whose source material was not fully adapted upon airing

Sorry are you 12 or just a really strong case for euthanizing the mentally disabled?

This movie is fantastic.

It's style over substance, the movie. The style is good enough that it makes up for it, but you're an idiot if you genuinely think there's some depth there that women can't grasp.

If there's anything Nippon that women will never understand, it's pic related.

I could be a smartass and say that this has whatever flaws, but the truth is that it's a 9/10 well rounded kino movie. Everything you can say that this movie lacks is at least very debatable and pretty much wont stand as a solid point.

The movie turns into the typical Chinaman nonsensical garbage around halfway through. The movie was kino when it was just Kanada and friends on their bikes.

The entire movie is great despite being cherry picked portions from the manga. The first time I watched it, I had no idea what it was about and it was during a very turbulent period in my life. I was depressed for several weeks and went through a terrible existential crisis where I became clingy to everyone I cared about, to this day I still can’t watch the final minutes without having a dread of the eventual death of my loved ones.

didn't it basically turn into dbz?

TETSUO!

KANEDA

What? Your lack of understanding amazes me.

TETSUO

DONKEY

Part of the underlying aspect of the story is that it's the story of Japan trying to survive modernization.

Neo Tokyo itself is a commentary on what is to happen to Japan once modernization takes its roots into all aspect of life, and Tetsuo himself represents what Japan as a culture tried to do when unintentionally handed down so much power from something it doesn't quite understand. Kaneda is the hero in the world that no longer teaches or even knows what a hero is, as they've been fully detached from their past.

The ending symbolizes what could be the future for the Japanese, as it ends with a new creation of something that cannot be witnessed until you are there.

At least that's my interpretation of the whole thing.

Why'd he turn into a giant flesh slug?

KANEDA HELP ME URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GRWRAAAHWGHGHWGAHHGWARRGAHAHW

I actually only just saw it recently. 3rd act was probably the best part of the movie imo. That's only after 1 viewing tho, could change upon repeated viewings.