So the Trade Federation Viceroys were the way George Lucas's mind conceptualized Chinese toy manufacturers and...

So the Trade Federation Viceroys were the way George Lucas's mind conceptualized Chinese toy manufacturers and businessmen that he had to deal with for decades after the original movies right?

BASED GEORGE

Gunray's name is literally the syllables Reagan but backwards.

The Neimoidians did nothing wrong though and were the good guys.
Nute Gunray didn't know Sidious was Palpatine, and regretted dealing with him by the third act of the Phantom Menace.
The Jedi were entirely in the wrong and were totalitarian Statists who could influence peoples thoughts and control their minds and had a vice grip on galactic politics.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with free trade, Nute just wanted a peaceful galaxy were trade was free and evil mind controller sorcerers didn't influence every single corner of the galaxy.

Nute Gunray and Lott Dodd
Newt Gingrich and Trent Lott.

This. The Chinese accents are just a smokescreen.

I like this guy's desu

Reagan is literally the syllables of Ray Gun if you prounonce it wrong.

The voice actors said they were going for Bela Lugosi.

Chris Dodd

dear god

>tfw we made fun of George's pottery
I wish that I could turn back time and apologize.

how do we get George in charge of Star Wars again? There must be a way.

Yes, just as Watto was a greedy, hook-nosed, pseudo-Yarmulke-wearing, beady-eyed creature with a scraggly beard
George, /ourguy/ always and forever

imagining Spielberg watching TPM for the first time next to his best friend George and slowly feeling more and more uncomfortable when Watto shows up while George is just laughing to himself blissfully ignorant

George is so pure, he probably created Watto by complete accident.

>tfw George was woke to foreign money in politics

God damnit, the Mouse got us to bully him out of filmmaking, and for what?

I agree, which makes the fact that he doubled down and gave Watto a space yarmulke in Attack of the Clones so much funnier

Nah, he was just the last bastion of an era of science fiction writing that expressed all outside cultures and races as hilarious alien caricatures

It gets funnier when you find out what the Trade Federation blockade was over.

Taxation.

See, the Trade Federation used to conduct it's business in "Free Trade Zones" that were exempt from the Republics taxation laws - essentially, duty free commerce in Intersystem space. However, the Senate eventually voted to make them eligible for taxation. In response, the Trade Federation blockaded Naboo in an effort to strong arm Queen Amidala into signing a petition which would have re-established the tax free zone in Naboo space

All rhe endless murder in the clone wars about this sort of thing became pretty horrific. The republic and Jedi were pretty fucked up

If only we knew user

The only thing there is to note about the trade federation is that vader's helmet is based off of them