Batman 023

This issue King kills Alan Moore on panel and has Swamp Thing freak out about his long lost daddy dying. Subtle commentary on how he feels about DC bringing in the Watchmen immediately following the Button crossover.

How can DC be so based?

>Subtle commentary on how he feels about DC bringing in the Watchmen immediately following the Button crossover
You're retarded. He was brown nosing Johns on Twitter. If anything this is King saying Alan Moore is dead and no one cares.

What OP is doing is a clear example of projection children. As seen by him retweeting Johns announcement and writing part of the Button, King has no problem partaking in the Rebirth storyline.

This page will live on in infamy.

I think is not much Tom King being annoyed about their overtake on Watchmen, as Tom King commenting on Bruce remorse after what his father said and how all his work as a cape hero is based on him having issues with their parent's deaths.

Why is this being storytimed again?

OP is trying to act like Alan Moore getting a pair of head shots is something that would outrage long time comic readers.

Dead parents lol

So has anyone told his brother his father is dead?

explain to my casual mind what these 2 panels mean

I like how Batman just does not give a shit. A giant swamp god just materialized behind him and he does not give a shit. The corpse is more interesting to him than the swamp god.

I know it's old hat, but you have to remember that this is a man who originally dressed up as a bat and stalked the night, not to fight monsters or aliens, but in order to take down the mob. Not an alien mob, not a magic mob. Literally just a bunch of Italian immigrants with guns. That's really all it was.

And now his best friends are an alien whom many people in-universe believe to be a physical god and an Greek demigoddess.

Sometimes, you really have to appreciate DC for what it is.

Man, Bruce looks ancient here.

It's bizarre that these two get along as well as they do, yet fitting.

Okay, seriously, why are so many of Bruce's shots in this comic literally just copied and pasted over and over. The laziness is almost palpable.

I liked this as a one shot, and your headcanons are stupid.

>bringing in the Watchmen immediately following the Button crossover.

That was the whole point of the crossover you dingus, and King agreed to be part of it.

Bruce sympathized with Alec. Bruce thought that Swamp Thing wanted some closure. What he didn't realize was that Swamp Thing was out for revenge.

I think Bruce felt some comfort when he heard Alec's words about death falling into life and such. But Alec's words turned out to be nothing but hypocrisy and Bruce was outraged.

Bruce helped him because he thought he wanted closure and to bring the killer to justice. Also Alec's version of death made Bruce feel better about his parents dying. When ST's actions go against what he said he believes about that (and the need for revenge) Bruce feels betrayed and is angry.

I don't know what Tom Kings obsession with Kite Man is but I love him unconditionally for it

OP this issue was already storytimed, you don't have to make your shitty thread like you always do.

>get to this page
>go back and read page 9
>Swamp Thing was crying

Fuck me, this was up there with his Darkseid War: Green Lantern one shot.

Thank you for the storytime OP.

No problem.

I get that, but what's the significance of it? What does it mean?

This page wins everything.

I'm wondering this as well.

Alec cared....

running gags are fun

What YOU have to remember is that Bruce knows Alec.

Alec is one of the very few DC residents to soundly and completely kick Batman's ass, then never lose in a rematch.

Alec brought Gotham City to its knees.

Then let it go when it (and Batman) gave him what he wanted.

Bruce is smart enough to not fuck with someone he knows he not only cannot beat, but doesn't need to (because Swampy is usually pretty chill...usually).

Batman is afterall the only only hero to go to swamp-things funeral.

This is probably the only decent story King has put out for Batman. I'm not sure I'm fond of Swampy getting sentimental but I did like him murdering and Batman being able to do literally nothing about it. Get fucked Batman.

There doesn't necessarily have to be a deep meaning. It's meant to show that despite all of Swamp Thing's detached metaphysical spirituality, there's still an aspect of humanity to him. And for Bruce it's just further evidence that he still doesn't have all the answers. Ultimately it's a pretty bleak ending. Swamp Thing is meant to have a peaceful answer of nature's cyclical process. But when it comes down to brass tacks that means nothing to Alec and death is still death meaning Batman also gets no closure and comfort. It's pretty fucking defeatist desu,

Autism

It's one of the first stories King has written where everyone DOESN'T sound like they're autistic, yes.

Especially after the shit Swampy pulled the last two times he was in Gotham.

New Swamp Thing book when? The initial nu52 series was pretty based but did Lein Wein's shitty post-Convergence mini kill all the interest in the character?

>I'm not sure I'm fond of Swampy getting sentimental

Why not? It's nothing new. The plant bastard still has human emotions

I just feel like it was a weak way out of a strong message for shock value factor.

What? Swampy was honored by Gotham and had a statue erected in his name.