Aquaman's costume in the Aquaman solo...

Aquaman's costume in the Aquaman solo, Wan wants to be as faithful to the comics as possible given what he has to work with from JL, he's using John's run as inspiration for the story and for the visual design of the film.

I can also confirm that Black Manta will have a proper helmet

bullshit

there's only three prongs on his quindent, this is fanfic

>faithful to the comics as possible
>90s aquaman
>no hook hand
>no orange

That looks just like a custom to me

This trident is of an old relic of a long dead atlantean king, it's the McGuffin of the movie, Black manta wants it to destroy some of the surface just to make Aquaman look bad

>What he has to work with from Justice League
>John's run
Can you read

>green pants

They look so ugly in live action

Aquaman's classic costume has always looked faggy as fuck, I hope they don't go with that.

Why use Johnss run when DCEU Aquaman is literally Peter David's Aquaman?

i think it's the large amounts of that color of green that are so bad for the costume. you think they would try something darker although it might go into the "edgy muted color" look

Johns is in charge and Wan likes this version more

The brown hair isn't working in combination with the green and gold.

I dunno, PAD's Aquaman had green-ish pants and he looked alright.

I think it's the orange/yellow-green combo that doesn't work.

Nigga does this look like 90's Aquaman to you?

Are there people actually complaining about the vibrancy and accuracy of color here of a DC movie? What bizarro Sup Forums did I walk into?

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to think of a good way to still have the traditional orange/green without it looking wacky. Maybe if they went for a red orange, it might look better.

Where do you see people complaining about that? Everyone is basically "but the green pants suck"

The way the costumes are designed is that they're meant to look better under water, this is to make the underwater scenes look better and make Atlantis seem more real. However the suit looks better in proper test footage and shots, this is just a model made to show off the costume

oh shit, they already have the test footage and shots? Link?

It doesn't exist publicly, but it's nice to have friends in high places. I've got a few bits of info from the film, but not much as they've only just started filming

Sure you do.

Fine, don't believe me, I just came here to share a bit of information as this seems to be a promising film and a lot of people here are excited for it

Then I'm gonna just stick with my shit and not listen to some "my dad works at nintendo" spiel

My friend is shadowing one of the costume and prop makers from the film, but it's fine if you don't believe me, I've got a bit more info on the film, but there's the costume anyway

>new shit
That art is from REBIRTH, faggot, Momoaman's design is obviously inspired by 90s Aquaman

They chose Momoa because they wanted to get away from the stigma of classic aquaman, they didn't take the 90's aquaman as inspiration, they only share long hair and a beard, WB are confident most of this will go away with Aquaman in JL so they're letting Wan use a more classic costume, but with gold scalemail instead of orange