Wait a minute

Was this the test?

With honors

you'd fail

Later throughout the series, you see many shapeshifting aliens taking human form. Shooting the little girl in the face really nailed it for him.

Sort of. K had already chosen J, and his answers and choices reinforced that decision. The others were there as a control group. They never expected fucking 22-24 year old indoctrinated military academy grads to be anything useful to the MIB.

why would they put a table in a room in the first place?

decor

decor, user

decor, user my man

decor, user my man, yeah?

c-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKER

now go fucking kill yourselves redditors

>calls others Redditors

Looks like it is in fact you who is the redditor.

They were testing for lateral thinking

>Lateral thinking is solving problems through an indirect and creative approach, using reasoning that is not immediately obvious and involving ideas that may not be obtainable by using only traditional step-by-step logic.

They're physically up to the task most likely.
They can't leave all their recruiting up to guys who accidentally walked in on alienshit and happen to be exceptionally able bodied. Like Agent Patrick Warburton was just a regular dumb grunt and Jay kept washing out all his partners because they were bad fits.

>i can hear the screech

Yes slick. Sup Forums is the most advanced recruitment and intelligence community on the planet.

This is actually true.

why did zed get upset at jay for shooting the little white girl when she was clearly an alien in disguise.

They were all SF, which actually reinforce the opposite of traditional military obedience. They are supposed to be more creative free thinking types that can handle themselves

Political correctness, user.

Based on how the aliens behave in the movie, its safe to say that the alien working out was actually working. and will was right for not shooting it.

>girl has weird books
>shoots her

In what world is that the correct course of action?

>Hey sweetie, Mr. Example down the street forgot his fancy physics books in the store, can you drop them home for me?
>Sure mommy!
>Gets shot

I suppose it is America but c'mon

he was supposed to find the shape shifting alien among the other chilling aliens

sf are still expected to follow orders. They aren’t really free thinking as much as they are non conventional

He was supposed to shoot something and she was the only threat

little white girl in the hood late at night with physics and relativity books?

I don’t think so, sweety. Not today, not right now

DAS RITE

Yeah but they are more flexible and have less oversight

He wanted to see his logic.
That or he doesn't want Jay to be an agent because he's a loose cannon

No dumbass. The number of "able-bodied" candidates far exceeds the number of agent openings. They don't need some dumb jarhead who can only answer orders and color in a box, they need someone who can handle the reality of aliens. The morgue doctor "L" wasn't particularly fit, yet she was able to be an agent.
>brand new Lts
>SF
sure thing, kiddo

He gets mad at him disrespecting his authority, he's clearly smiling when he's able describe how all the other aliens aren't a threat and how the little girl is

Of course it was a fucking test. You put people in uncomfortable chairs with no desk and tell them to take a written test. Those military dopes were writing on their legs. They could have used the wall. Or laid down on the floor. Or, better yet, used the fucking table that's a few feet away. MiB agents see some crazy fucking shit, which you can never be fully prepared for, so you need to be able to think creatively.

Pretty sure several were SF

"Congratulations, you're everything we've come to expect from years of government training"

Why would there be a person named Mr. Example? That sounds like an alien name. I'd shoot him.

Exactly. They didn't expect anything from them. They were there to legitimize the process that existed only for J.

>That sounds like an alien name. I'd shoot him.
You're not supposed to shoot any aliens. Only the hostile ones. Did you even watch the fucking movie?

>"c-c-combo breaker"
>calls others reddit
the cognitive dissonance is strong for you user

And that's why you fail the test, Mr. Example an ET friendly, he made friendster, facebook and was working on the next replacement, imagine Twitter but not shitty. But y'had to shoot him for walking down the street and people wonder why we don't recruit from alphabet Agencies.

I thought they all were

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Every day is a test, OP.

I can't remember but I thought they were, guy I was responding to implied otherwise.
He is referring to the comment on their background, since they have 'perfect' full ride military college, but aren't the butterbars failures he makes them out to be because they are SF

What does that even mean?

I'm not sure I can explain it in simpler terms

The butterbars weren’t sf. There was a seal chief and a ranger there but the “best of the best” dude was just some West Point graduate

This. They already knew that all of the candidates were the best of the best of the best. They wanted to test if they could exercise lateral thinking skills and deal with curveballs.

Then maybe I'm just misremembering, I thought they were all SF despite backgrounds. I do remember them trying to make lesser groups sound better than they are, though.